Thread: TG friendly tattoo shop

TG friendly tattoo shop

I've really been wanting to get a tattoo. But I'm terrified of going to a tattoo shop full of big biker dudes full of testosterone and asking for a transgender tattoo. I'd like to get a pink and blue butterfly. I've never had a tattoo so I'm nervous enough about getting one, without adding in the Transgender part. I don't think they advertize trans friendly, so how do I find somewhere I can trust?

Jackie
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

Anymore there are not just bikers getting tattoos. Check the local tattoo shops. Go into the shops talk to the artists, see the clientele. If they ask you if you need help say "I am looking to get my first tattoo." If you get a bad vibe there are 100s more out there. If anything find one who has a female artist. I know a few tattoo artists and they are all professional, anymore they have to be.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why not be different and not get a tattoo.

Tattos are pretty much permanent. Really count the cost before getting one. I met a girl once, and she said she was going to get a tattoo with her boyfriend's name. I asked her about what if she gets the tattoo, then later breaks up? She would not listen to me.

If you want one, get one. If you are afraid, call the shop ahead of time and they will make arrangements to get you in when there is no one else around or through a side door. Talk to people who have them first, talk to people who have used the shop, then make absolutely sure of what you want and where you want it. Think about it for awhile after you get the sketch. It is forever (mostly) and you have to really like what you choose. And think where you get it, if you don't want the world to see it you have to consider that.

I have two. Both pertinent to my life. Paws on my ankle and a breast cancer ribbon on my arm (see avatar). They are small. I don't hide either one because they are important to me but know the butterflies and rainbows on a man is going to get you in trouble. Names are a definite NO NO except if they are your children. But don't let anyone scare you away. It is your decision. Just be sure first
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Just go in and talk with the artists. Most really dont care. And if you get a bad vibe or youre not impressed with the art work. Leave. They artists will usually talk with you to figure out what you want.

Tattoo artists are some of the most accepting people you will find they are more on the artsy side of the masculine range and are concerned with are you able to pay than what you look like. When I lived in Hawaii the shop where I went tattoolicious there was a trans women that was in there often getting small fem tattoos. So I wouldn't worry to much about going in dressed

When I started getting tattooed, I deliberately chose a shop that was owned by a woman artist (her daughter is now a partner in the business as well), and where much of her work is cosmetics (permanent makeup) as well as traditional pictorial tattooing. I figured that would be a more female-friendly space, and it worked out wonderfully -- I now count the owner, her family, and a couple of the other employees as genuine friends. The owner and her husband are to some extent into "biker" culture too, but under the rough exteriors, a lot of those people are very tolerant -- after all, their whole ethos is about the freedom to be yourself, and a lot of them have experienced harassment because of the way they look as well.

Look around your area and see if you can find a female artist to work with -- but even if not, don't necessarily be afraid of the biker types. It's more important to find a skilled artist who will give you a great looking tattoo, than one who totally understands your reason for getting it.

- Diane

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Whatever you decide remember its your fear you need to overcome.
    Bikers are nice people in general so I wouldn't worry about that.