Thread: Moar estrogen!

Moar estrogen!

I had a visit with my endo today and my hormone levels are good, plus my dose of estrace has been doubled.
    What kind of things have you all noticed when you increased your estrogen intake after being on a lower dose for a while?

Migraines

For me any change, up or down, in estrogen results in migraines until I get used to the new level.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 10-21-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Absolutely nothing obvious to me. I can take a ton on estradiol without any noticeable effects such as headaches etc.

But higher amounts of androcur can cause liver damage. Be careful if you are taking this. I'am so happy I do not need this poison anymore.
    Last edited by Barati; 10-21-2014 at 04:50 AM.
    If I enjoy hating life, I don't hate life, I enjoy it.

Mine was raised about two months ago, can't say I have noticed anything other than a little more energy.

Mine was raised 3 weeks ago and I have not noticed a thing. I wish it would have gave me more energy, that would have been sweet!!

Megan
    I'm outta here...

Rats!
    I was hoping for megahuge bazorbos.

Just kidding, here's hoping for an energy boost!

Silver Member
    Nothing when mine was doubled, either. Sometimes I think people look beyond the mark, especially in terms of positive effects. Once T is reasonably suppressed and E raised anywhere into the female range, what you get is a matter of time more than dosage. E DOES have transitory mood effects, but the primary effect for most people if they were getting too much would be emotional instability.
    Lea

I've been pretty conservative in my expectations so far but to be honest I'm impressed with the changes it has made in just 5 short months.
    I asked about my T levels and the endo said they were on the low end of male.

My most prominent changes were smoother/softer skin, marginal weight gain, and a more stable sleep pattern. There was also a signifinant decrease in muscle. I was always thin, but the drop in T and mega E boost gave me lenghty, femme trim arms. Lastly, my libido disappeared :-)
    Last edited by MarieTS; 10-23-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Ironically, I've just had a bunch of tests done to see if I have a blood clot in my arm.
    HRT Risks are real folks!

Turned out to be a coincidence (tendonitis) but I'm still glad I was able to get myself checked out
    Sorry to bump the thread but I have to ask when do the headaches normalize because OH MY GOD MY BRAAAAIIIIINNNNNN.

For me going from 3 pills a day to 4 gave me tons of migraines that were only mitigated with medication specifically for migraines. I went back down to my old regime even though it caused my E levels to dip below normal but the headaches were much fewer and farther between. All of that is moot now that Im post op. I will have to find a new normal.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    I had a visit with my endo today and my hormone levels are good, plus my dose of estrace has been doubled.
    I backed on this thread and I am a little puzzled. If your levels were good, why was your dose doubled? Was it just something the doctor just was planning on doing as part of the course of treatment? It will be interesting to see the results in your labs.

April - Yay to new normals!

I guess I meant good as in progressing but even I can't remember what I was talking about.

My last increase was in March. At my June appointment my potassium level was at the high end of normal, and they wanted to wait a month and recheck it. During that time, the VA in Miami, in the Endo department, changed out every medical person there, and in the process, the instructions to recheck me were misplaced. So by the time of my next appointment, it will have been nine months. Not a long time, if you are in your 20's or 30's, but at the age of almost 72, that's a lot. So to bypass the Miami fiasco again, as scheduled in December, I will be doing what is called Tele-Health video hookup, with the VA hospital in Orlando, in November. If they do nothing, at least I will have been on interactive television once in my life, and that's another one off my bucket list.

Bobbi
    Last edited by BOBBI G.; 10-29-2014 at 05:32 AM.

Has anyone noticed a difference in some of the above reported symptoms if you were taking pill form and then changed it to the patch?
    Marie