Thread: Funny event at Safeway

Funny event at Safeway

I was at Safeway tonight with my female friend Rae. We were picking up snacks for my AA meeting. We were standing in line when a maybe 30 year old man made a bad joke addressing several of us at once. We laughed nervously, kind of embarrassed for him. He then looked straight at me and said hi very loudly. I said hi back. We did self check out and headed for the door. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the guy off to the side as we exited. I had a strange feeling he was waiting for me.

Sure enough he walked over to me before i got to my car. He seemed a little unstable. He said hi again. Then he asked," Can I take you home?" I was a little shocked. Then he told me he wasn't sure I would fit in the cart he was pushing. I laughed. He didn't seem threatening. Then he told me I was beautiful like a super model. He held my door for me and told me to buckle up and told me again how pretty I was.

Ok he wasn't exactly well balanced. But he made my day!
    Suzanne

Aw, thats kinda creepy and kinda sweet at the same time. Lol! You ARE very pretty though.

Kinda creepy? No, major creepy.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Gold Member
    Compliments are nice, but that does feel dangerous when someone comes up to your car like that. The car is the escape and if he is holding the door..... But compliments are nice. Soak them in. I can say that it only takes one to make your whole day sometimes.

Platinum Member
    My guess is that he was either emotionally or developmentally impaired. Socially inappropriate but seemly harmless. His compliments were nice, though
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Interesting, a man is attracted to a cute and tall red head. Hmmm ....?? You never really know if his imbalance was due to drugs, drinking or maybe some physical affliction. One needs to weigh all strange occurrences with our antenna up high. I find that most situations which I get myself into or accidentally walk into, though they may seem "out of balance" at the beginning, actually turn out to be quite safe and sane once the balance is better understood. Now, will he wait for your next visit to Safeway? Thanks for sharing.