Thread: The little things make the day

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

The little things make the day

I normally make my own coffee in the morning but once and a while for a treat its out to the local coffee shrine. This morning I took a little extra time to get ready... Fix the hair, splash of makeup, mustn't forget the lips. Off to car with a nice dress and heals. Ohhhh no not ready need a matching scarf.

Drove up to drive through as it is much faster then going in and I need to be back for a call. Waiting in line I did notice that the gentleman ahead was "taking notice" in his rear view mirror.

He pulled up to the window got his fix, paid and headed on.

I pulled up and went to pay.... The lady says the gentleman ahead paid for my coffee. I was so flustered I continued to try to pay when she said again he paid for your coffee.

It's the small things that make me smile and I can only assume that I looked good this morning. At least that's my story and I'm going to relish in it all day.

Cheers... Jennifer

Silver Member
    Wonderful to read you "looked good in the morning" BEFORE your coffee fix Jennifer, and got a freebee out of it! Thanx for sharing. Enjoy.

I love that!

There you go. That is another way to "pay it forward". I have had that happen to me going through the toll booth for the main bridge into San Francisco. It made me feel so good when the toll taker told me that the car before me had already paid my toll. So, I waited for the appropriate moment when I was feeling "it" and on another trip across the bridge I paid for the old beat up pickup behind me being driven by the older gentleman. It really made me feel good. So, in return for his treat to you, treat someone else unexpectedly in the future. I now do that occasionally at my local coffee shop.