Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Guadalajara

In Guadalajara

I have not posted in a long while but feel a need to share. After research and conversations with Michelle (thank you for sharing your experience!) I decided to take a trip to Mexico. I am now sitting at what has been called 'house of broken dolls' by some awaiting surgery tomorrow. It is both very scary to await while surrounded with patients in all stages of recovery but also exciting to see people happy with their results. My mom is joining me for the first 4 days after surgery and then I am on my own for the rest. I will be having forehead, nose and jaw with the aim of doing this just once. I am not fond of sharing pictures but will hopefully send an update or two. I feel this forum, though I only use it sparingly, has been quite informative in my decision making process so I can hopefully do a bit of the same. Wish me luck.

Good luck, hope everything goes well.

Banned Read only
    Good Luck Lilo, hope everything goes well.

I'm hoping for your rapid recovery. I'm also glad to hear that your mother will be with you even if only for four days, I'm sure her support will be a big help to you!

Hugs, Bria

Silver Member
    Nice. I had a good time in Guadalajara. Who are you seeing?

Silver Member
    Shows my ignorance ... I thought Cardenas was the only game in (that) town.

Best wishes, Lilo.
    Lea

Thank you all. Yes, its Cardenas. I am sure there are lots of plastic surgeons but not specializing on this.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery on your path to the new and improved you.

Good luck and a speedy recovery.
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Platinum Member
    Very best of luck and wishing you both a speedy recovery
    And excellent results!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

All the very best Lilo. I will be there in 4 weeks myself. A few little updates would be really nice.

Funny Lisa, I am also living in Melbourne. I should be back before you go in case meeting helps you. Everything so far has proceeded exactly as others have described, which is great to know since it takes a leap of faith to let go of these sums of money after a few email conversations and skype talks. The house is great and definitely beats staying alone in any hotel. Not having to go get food while looking beat up is a great asset.
    I met the Dr and consulted for a while without feeling rushed. He did not push me in any aspect. He does not sugar-coat any risks either, which is scarry but increases my confidence in the Dr. In spite of all comments I read elsewhere, he recommended type 3. we agreed he would burr and see if type 1 or 2 is enough and move to a type 3 if not. I feel good about this approach since I hold safety first. After our conversation I also desisted from doing the jaw. I have read it is the most intrusive and risky (he disagreed) but he did say it would make a very small difference in my case. So I chose to avoid the risk. I feel good about the choice of everything and feel strong to withstand the unavoidably uncomfortable recovery. Will post in a few days when I can.

Gold Member
    May you get everything you want out of it!

you are in good hands! Welcome to the new reality.

Say HI from me

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Best wishes, Lilo. Keep updating us if u can!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Good luck, I hope everything goes well and that the surgery brings out
    beautiful woman inside you
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Made it out of surgery and started recovering. Will update as it goes. Thank you for the wishes

Glad to hear your awake. Sounds like all is going to plan. My thoughts are with you, speedy recovery!

Great to year you made it through just fine

Great! Keep us posted on your status.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Now it only gets better.
    Best wishes for your recovery.

Lilo, congrats, and hope you feel better soon.
    Get well.

Tell everyone I said Hello. Good luck!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

I feel much better today 4 days after surgery. This is major stuff! I was prepared psichologically to endure recovery but must say it took me to my limits. The packing in the nose is the big annoyance. I am counting downwards to the appointment Monday when they will be removed. I think this is important to stress for those going into these procedures. It is a VERY tough 3-5 days that you need to be prepared to withstand. I also feel much better transitioning from stronger pain medications to ibuprofen. I have more energy little or no pain and feel awake. My mom leaves tomorrow but I feel much better already so she can leave with confidence. It is very difficult to do this without support so try your best to recruit someone. Having said that, I can only imagine how much harder this could be in another place where the surrounding machinery is not as smooth. Vicente has been an excellent host.

Yeah, nose packing is the worst! Glad to hear your doing well