Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you look?

I know I will never pass but even being on HRT, but I dress to relax and feel normal. I a too chicken to go out, except at night very late for a late night drive or a walk around the apt complex, I have thought about going to a nearby state and test the water. but need to find a cd friendly place to go and maybe meet up with someone experienced and knows there way around.
    Mistybtm

I think about it and am a bit self conscious. My first weekend out couple days ago I spent a lot of time in front of mirror making sure outfit and everything was in order. I know im also somewhere in between but no big deal. I am happy dressing up and that's the imporrtant thing. I did get some compliments from waitresses and other people like they are going to be nice and not say something negative I hope.

After I have made myself up I look into the mirror, without my glasses, and I look gorgeous. When I put my cat's eyes on I am back in reality.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I look "slightly better than average" for a woman in her early 50s. Many people think I'm in my early to mid 40s.

I wear skirts or dresses most days and am well dressed but not so sexy or beautiful that people will spend too long looking. I can frequently spent 3 hours next to someone on the plane, in conversation, and they will ask a question late in the flight that indicates that they have no clue that I was ever anything but a woman. Sometimes I'll "spill the beans", but more often, we'll even see each other at the baggage carousel and wave at each other and the other person will still have no clue.

Of course, I've had LOTS of practice - going out every day for at least some part of the day from 1989 to 1996, and again from 2010 to 2013 when I went full time.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

If I am done up well I get looked at quizzically these days.
    Any less and I am busted.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    when I am dressed I resemble my late mom(when she was alive of course)

Banned Read only
    When I put in the effort to look my best, I feel I look pretty good for an older CD. I get a lot of compliments but not so many that I think I'm anything special. I feel pretty, and feel content with my appearance. After the many changes in my body over the last two years, I rarely feel uncomfortable when out and about unless I have to talk in a quiet setting. My voice is one thing I just can't seem to change convincingly.

I know that I could never pass as a real woman, but with the right clothes and a good makeup job I could make a good attempt at passing.

I usually like what I see in the mirror and how I feel. I spend a lot of time as Joni. However, photos are less flattering. Those darn secondary sex characteristics in facial structure. I was reading about them the other day and was a bit disenchanted by the knowledge those features would always be a limiting feature in passing. Joni

Mentally I look fabulous. Once the pink fog dissipate....it is time to think about the next time I will dress
    - Claire

Reality Check
    I really don't know how I look. I take photos and I take videos and I study them but from the point of knowing that I am not a natural woman. I can see many of my flaws (I have a Veronica 5 on order to fix the hips) and I think I'm doing better as time goes on. I think I would pass on the street to folks walking by but I doubt I would pass sitting in a restaurant for thirty minutes.