Thread: Has anyone else seen this Szondi Test on Facebook?

Has anyone else seen this Szondi Test on Facebook?

A friend of my wife posted this thing to her Facebook wall the other day and said the results were spot on. My wife took the test too and said the results for her were pretty close to accurate too. So, naturally, I was curious and took the test myself. I was wavering between two options and finally settled on just one and I'll be damned if it didn't point directly to my... uhm.... alter ego...

You can take the test here: Abbreviated Szondi Test

I'm very specifically not giving you the answer that I gave because I'm curious how many of us here would identify the same way.

The interesting thing for me was that it gave me a new direction to look for dealing with my alter ego. I have long felt that "she" was an alter ego. Another part of me completely separate. That we were two minds that shared the same body. Why and how "she" came into being is a complete mystery, but I have always been careful about keeping her under control and lately she's been getting more demanding. I have been seeking a therapist for a few weeks now to work through these issues because they're causing serious rifts in my relationship with my wife (so much so I was genuinely worried about the big D). I'm hoping that by viewing it from this new angle that I might be able to make some headway and sense of it all and smooth things over with my wife.

In any event, I just wondered if I'm the only alien on the block or if others have felt the same way and handled it from that direction in therapy and if so how that has been working out.

I took the test torn be tween 3 so I took it 3 times each one had a small peice of the puzzle but none really hit the mark.
    As for the rest of you post it was like you were discribing my life right mow , good luck

Response I chose is pretty spot on for my entire personality. The person I chose would have little use in real life and I would be watching this person constantly or simply drive them out of my life space completely.

Interesting. I chose what I chose and have to say the response was pretty spot on.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

The one I picked said this about me. Spooky!

Dissociative identity disorder

Repression
    This kind of personality is expressed in a person’s desire to live and be accepted as a member of the opposite sex. If this young man seems dangerous and depraved to you, perhaps early in your childhood you repressed an identity problem or more specifically a problem about your gender identity.

Denial
    If the defense mechanism of denial worked, you may have a tendency to emphatically confirm your biological sex. In this case, your behaviors, maners and appearance emphasize that you are a real man or a real woman. If you’re a man, you are very “macho”, and if you are a woman, you always try to look sexy and seek to flirt and attract men.

I would guess, Stevie, that a majority of us chose that same one. I don't typically put a lot of faith into Facebook tests, but the synchronicity here was a little difficult to ignore and added a new layer and level of understanding to what has always been a confounding condition. I just wondered if I was late to the party and everyone already knew this piece of the puzzle as Lexi put it.

Banned Read only
    swing and a miss! Big miss

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I took me a long time to pick one, but I think the
    diagnosis was pretty close.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

I treat all these tests lightly and always get the result I desire when I attempt them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.