Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady like legs

Lady like legs

A question I have is about leg posture if that is the right word. For example guys typically sit with knees apart, ladies no. I find it had to sit like that for very long. The muscles get tired of holding that position. And crossing your legs lady like? For get a bout it! Just can't seem to do it.

I only remember to try to do it when I'm dressed. I probably should do it more often.

Can anyone give some information on accomplishing this? Does it get easier over time?

Thanks

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I would love to be able to cross my legs all ladylike, but it seems I'm not built for that

So I usually just make sure to keep my knees together and cross my ankles. Occasionally I manage to simulate a decent leg cross, if I'm in the right chair or on the edge of a bed or something, as demonstrated in some of my pics on the photo thread ...

There are some good YouTube videos out there...practice helps too. Like walking in heels eventually you can get the hang of it. If crossing your legs like a girl is tricky you might try sitting with your legs together but crossed at the ankles under the chair.

Hi AlanaG
    Crossing your legs while sitting does give more of a feminine appearance however I think it's even more important to remember to stand with your feet together. Looking like a fullback doesn't aid you if you're looking to present a more feminine stature.
    All of it gets easier. Practice, Practice, Practice!

Even when I was a skinny little kid, I could never cross my legs as women do, and I still can't. The best ladylike leg-crossing I can manage is keeping my thighs together and crossing my ankles as Renee Elise said.

Platinum Member
    I think it all depends on a persons individual stature and physique. I just naturally sit with my legs crossed in what I suppose might be construed as a feminine manner. Someone with shorter, thicker legs might find it uncomfortable or near impossible.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can't seem to do the male way. I don't know why. I remember, growing up and in church, my dad would sit "lady-like".

Platinum Member
    Hi Alana, I try to set with my legs crossed and check my walk to a feminine gate.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When iwear a skirt or dress I often sit with my legs crossed at the knee and if feels so natural for me. Just keep doing it you will get it in time.
    Angie

When I was younger, about 20 years ago and back, I was able to cross my legs and cross my ankles. I can now only cross my legs. I believe it has to do with flexibility more than anything else. Back then, my legs were much more muscular than they are today. Having a good tuck also improves the ability to cross the legs.

I can cross my legs at my ankles easily, but assuming a feminine leg crossing while sitting on the sofa is out of the question.
    I do try to keep my legs together whenever I'm sitting and I try to walk with a feminine pose as much as possible.

Honestly, I think that if you want and need to look like a lady, that you need to cross your legs "lady like". You surely try to walk, "lady like", correct? I do my best and I'm built like a linebacker.....

You have to consider that natural women have been doing this everyday, every minute of their lives since birth...they have been practicing wayyy longer than us, we have a lot of catching up to do!

Suzanne

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I've been fortunate to be able to cross my lady like. I have long legs and my wife even jabs me sometimes when I cross them in guy mode. I do it without thinking sometimes

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have been working on learning to do this for years. I think it looks so fem and hot!

I can verify that it helps to have slim legs. The knee crossing is easier. Plus, when have u ever seen a big woman cross her knees?

IMG_2449 (640x570).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I sit most of the time with my right leg over my left knee it helps support my worn out back and I can also see my lovely 3" open toe wedge shoes and painted nails

AlanaG

I don't know how it works. But I always could and do continue to cross my legs in what would be considered a feminine manner. It's not a "girlie" pose, but more professional. I can still wrap a foot behind the opposite leg to go super girlish, but it is not what I will do in every day life. The ability to cross ones legs in a certain manner seems to dependent on more that desire. If it is difficult, keep doing it. I can only get easier.

Della

Practice helps, as I do not have thin legs, but biker thighs, and still cross my legs rather naturally. If you really struggle with it, there is the knees together feet splayed out or together to one side method that is feminine.
    The danger to this is that if you really do want to remain off the radar, then you don't want it to become second nature. It is for me and I have gotten some odd looks: I have well maintained shaved legs for years now, so at one point this summer, I was not "thinking about it" and had my legs crossed, fairly short shorts on, and my sister in law stopped in her tracks and stared at my legs for a few beats, furrowed her brow, and walked off. She has not quite treated me the same since. (My brother in law is about as cisGendered as a human can get, the poster boy for socially constructed "maleness.") The joke is on her I suppose, as I admire and envy her wardrobe while my brother in law doesn't seem to ever notice!

PS: My avatar is not quite a natural pose, I was too busy playing around with the camera!

I have always crossed my legs and often sit with them parallel.
    I have never known anything different and I do get picked occasionally for doing it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I have never known anything different and I do get picked occasionally for doing it.
    Same here. I love sitting like this, makes me look more feminine and it improves my composure. Only downside is that you indeed get some weird looks sometimes.
    Sometimes I twirl my ancle around the other side of my leg for the ultimate lady-agile look.

It like anything, practice all the time even in male mode, now it just normal.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Same with me.

Some elements of leg posture originate in deeply ingrained behavioural constructs. Typically the legs open / apart position is an aggressive / dominance position. It is easier and quicker to stand up from this position and establish a physical height dominance. Legs together but not crossed is often a submissive flight position, especially if the legs are pointed away from others. Again it is easier to stand up and "flight" from a social interaction from this position.

The typical legs crossed at the knee position is a relaxed body posture that is basically saying "i'm not interested in fleeing but I am also not interested in fighting", it is a confident body posture typically. It is more difficult to stand up from this position so the person who sits like this is confident and relaxed. Watch interviewers on television and also interactions in relaxed environments and you will find a lot more of this sitting position in both men and women. Socially women are probably more likely to adopt this sitting position due to wearing dresses and skirts and the need for modesty.

I must admit I didn't realise many people physically couldn't cross their legs at the knees . I just sort of assumed everyone could! I think crossing the legs at the ankles is similar to crossing them at the knees in terms of body language.

Nicole and Renee said it best!

same for me. I've always been able to sit with my legs crossed.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I read somewhere a while back that some men are unable to cross their legs like girl and it has to do with the distance between the hips.
    Personally, my hips are wider than the average male's so, there might be some truth to this.