Thread: the SO dresses the way I would like to

the SO dresses the way I would like to

my SO dresses very smart for work, nice dresses, heels, skirts, jackets etc yesterday we shared the same car coming home, just near the house she said "i cant wait to get home and get these heels off"... all i could think is 'i really wish we could get home and I could put them on!!!!!!"

she always looks great for work and I really wish we were the same size! (me being smaller of course!)

anybody else also have a SO who dresses exactly how you would like to?

Kx

Windswept and interesting
    Yes, my wife does, I love just about everything in her wardrobe. Even get jealous when her and her friend do each others nails, but that's a whole different story.

I think I know what you mean, Karen... and I suspect I've moved towards where my wife is, fashion-wise (having realised that wearing fashions intended for twenty-somethings is no longer viable... ) and while I like what she wears and how she looks it's just not my look. For decades she has suffered a bone fracture in her foot that prevents her wearing high-heels... depressing... more for me than her though..

She can make a tight-fitting pair of jeans look good whereas I'd just make them look... tight!

I guess I'll have to make do with finding my own fashion way and just admiring her in her own way as the woman I love...

(And she is smaller than me too... of course! )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I actually have the opposite problem - most of my wardrobe is stuff that I _wish_ my wife would wear, but doesn't.

My wife is a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal while I like frills and lace. Sometimes I might wish she would share more of my interest in dressing up but in actuality, part of what I love about her is her practical, down to earth nature, and I really wouldn't want to change who she is.

Platinum Member
    Hi Karen, For me it's just the opposite Like the two ladies above I wish my wife would wear some of my fancy fashions.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 10-22-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The heels may have been a great idea when putting together the outfit but they often lose their allure when you are in them all day long while out & about in the real world.

And because your wife has the choice to wear them daily (or perhaps her job requires that she present a certain way including the wearing of heels), they become routine and mundane beyond the element of style they bring to her look.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Heels after 8 hours can be tough. My wife and I have different styles - mine is a little more polished a dress hers is a bit more boho like

I love my Mrs style. She is really stylish and always onto trends.
    She's really into 50's rocker stuff at the moment, and I love all that big petticoats and polka dots stuff.
    Great to see it in the shops.

What I don't like is that she is never keen on me having things that she likes or that she has.
    I would be flattered (if a little annoyed) if I were being copied.
    Samantha -x-

My wife dresses casual most of the time but won't hesitate to don a skirt or dress for the proper occasion. She also likes her dainty 'under thingies'. She does have a lot of dresses.

I dress the way I wish my SO did. She will wear a dress when the occasion calls for it, but no stockings or heels. She prefers flats, ugh. lol

Some of my recent purchases were a nice leaf-patterened top and some ankle boots. My wife said that the top was like somethig she would wear, which I thought was nice.
    I ordered different sizes of the anke boots to get a pair that fit well, and they actually sent one pair in completely the wrong size, which happened to be my wife's size. She liked them, tried them on, and almost kept them. Again, reassuring to think that we have similar tastes....

Daphne

x

Mine does. I'm incredibly jealous of her collection of heels. She has some great dresses too.

Not mine.
    Her fashion sense is quite different.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In my case, over time my wife has adopted my CD style as her dressy/going out look. We have many identical high heels, albeit different sizes, and many dresses and skirts that are the same or similar. She now counts on me for fashion advice. For more casual looks, I do love and would want to emulate her style, but because my dressing is behind closed doors, I tend to stick to the heels & hose look with dresses or skirts.

Yes she does, most of the time now that we don't have to go to the Office everyday she dresses very casual but it's just what I enjoy too, comfortable. But with that said she dresses professionally and very nice for going out and I like that even more and she has helped me to acquire a lot of the same or very similar outfits so it is great either way. By the way the only thing we can share is jewelry and that is fun and make it special to us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    She can make a tight-fitting pair of jeans look good whereas I'd just make them look... tight! Katey x
    Katey - sometimes you just kill me laughing.
    Who do I feel like today?

Not really. It is possibly a bit of overcompensation on my part but I am more likely to wear a skirt and jewellery if we are going out than she is.

I doubt your wife actually WANTS to go to work in heels. I'm with her there. Great for looking good for an hour or so but why an industry that produces so many different varieties can't seem to produce a comfortable pair that don't cripple your feet but still look good is beyond me!

The Mad Scientist
    I the split opposite from the wife.
    I dress nothing like her....hahahah

I will agree with Katey, my style (if you can call it that) is slowly maturing.
    In my case, not as fast as I age..

For all casual dressing, she dresses exactly as I like to. Maybe it is because she lets me borrow anything she has . I wish I could borrow her shoes as well, but WeightWatchers does not have a plan for my feet.
    - Claire

Oh, she's my inspiration! Always well put together, a fashionista. I don't think I've told her I like emulating her, but what a fabulous unreachable model of femeninity!

I would love to get into my step-moms closet&try on several of her dresses&skirts&heels
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

No not in my case. My wife and I are two world's apart when it comes to clothes and appearance. She loves wide flower dresses, I like tight classy dresses. She likes jeans and I despise them. Stocking are the other way around
    do not label me for i am unique

I think I know what you mean although in my situation I prefer my own style. I think part of the allure of "crossdressing" for me is to be able to express myself and so, my own style. My partner has different ideas of what is comfortable than I do. But I have definitely been in the same situation as you. My wife will wear something nice for work or out or whatever and when she gets home immediately changes into a dressed-down state. While, in my case, I'm often less than happy in my clothing that I HAVE to wear when outside, and I cannot easily slip into what I would consider to be more comfortable because of what is considered mainstream for men (and what is not mainstream for men is basically NO-stream). So I generally do not/cannot change when I get home. But I do anyways occasionally, with a strong force of will on my part, and with her begrudging acceptance. I however, never complain to her about her dressed down preferences. It used to really bother me that my partner would deny herself what I could never have but wanted (before I started crossdressing myself, before I even really knew I wanted to myself). But also it bothered me that I would be denied the chance to appreciate my own partner's beauty to its fullest extent that mostly only others could appreciate if they bothered to.

Interesting question! I think that I'm more influenced by how my mother used to dress than by my wife's current style. But then I'm 6', my mother is 5'10" and my wife is 5'0"!