Thread: A TS "sermon"

A TS "sermon"

I don't post a lot of other people's stuff, but in my local group a woman posted this and it really blew me away...

Recently I've had a lot of thoughts about what it really means to "do what I did".....my own suffering of my own transsexuality is primarily about shame. I realize now (and its really well said in the following piece) that some part of me wanted surgeons to cut the shame out of me, that the shame is what hurt me so badly that I couldn't bear to look at it.....that shame was reflected in my appearance and my body parts....sometimes I feel ashamed that I felt that way(that's the way shame is ...its like water...it just flows)...recently I've been actively dealing with it by confronting my own habits and behaviors....i'm trying to separate out the loner in me from the ashamed loner in me if that makes any sense...in the past months I've started to reach out to local groups and meet people and its been very helpful in making me understand where I am "doing great" and where I still have work to do....

Perhaps because i'm really focused on it right now, a lot of what Ms Wilchins talks about came through loud and clear to me... some of it seems revelatory to me , some of it is more about just reminding me about what I am and why I am here in this form today...but I came away incredibly impressed by this person that i'm embarrassed to say I never heard of until today..

In any case, I think its worth reading.

Fair warning, the link is from an Anne Lawrence website...and when it was sent to me, I ignored it for that reason but I was encouraged to check it out and i'm glad I did...

http://www.annelawrence.com/sermon.html

Thank you for the article, Kaitlyn. The last paragraph about honoring "that perfect, flawless, innocent, trusting and loving transsexual child that we were born" brought tears to my eyes.

Yes thank you Kaitlyn. That is one great read.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

There is a TED talk with Brene Brown about Shame that is worth a good listen. www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o

Must be careful when using the words "Perfect or flawless" either of which can be the one thing that stops us from even growing. No doubt, our inner child is precious in many ways.

There are far too many times when perfection canceled out the good. "If I cant be perfect then why try."
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I was a little surprised by calling yourself a what. You are a who. You are a wonderful human being attempting to express herself. Must have been a typo.

Bobbi

Aspiring Member
    Interesting article especially as istruggle with my own ts so much right now. I can relate to a lot of the article but not all phases. At this point in my walk though the talk of a transexual god is a very interesting thought. I am not excited about how we as a group seem to never heal from the syndrome. I find myself cursing a ton every day
    Professional thread killer.