Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's really the "freak"?

I've been called a freak (or similar) in my version of male mode many times over the last 40 years. I normally smile and wave and sometimes call "thanks". Being cool about it is way more fun.

Cheers, Vale

Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    I have read that people tend to use insults that they themselves are very sensitive about because they assume that if that word hurts them alot, it will also be a word that hurts others alot.
    I don't think that's it. I believe that most people who get upset by men who don female attire and behavior, are simply feeling insecure about their life. Society relies on males to defend it; when we behave in any way that indicates we are not the macho, protective males who are ready to defend our society no matter what the risk to ourselves, then it can make other people feel insecure, and that makes them angry if they feel that we aren't standing up for what they expect us to. it's not our fault, it's not their fault, it's simply how we are raised to believe how men and women are expected to behave to have our societies continue to survive.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I couldn't tell you how many times I have had someone say something from a passing car or just walking thru the mall,its going to happen.
    Had a group of teen boys at the mall start laughing and called me a "gay homo freak" I turned and said Hi hows your Mom? and kept walking.
    They stood there looked at each other not knowing what to do then turned and walked off.
    Had one of two middle aged women (which I think were from up in the mountains super red neck types) call me a transqueer MF'er as we stood in line to check out.
    I just looked at her smiled and said sorry you feel that way about me. and stayed in line at the check out.
    I think people are afraid of what they don't understand and lash out in fear verbally.
    They could be trying to distance themselves by calling attention to you.Kind of a twisted way to think if you ask me.
    Bring attention to a CD or trans person that they are standing close to only brings attention to themselves and makes them look stupid and hateful.
    I did have an encounter in a Christian bookstore that was interesting.
    One lady looked at me like I was the devil, eyes as big as saucers.I walked past her and she said you are an abomination.
    I didn't respond at all because it really hurt.
    The man next to her said I'm a pastor and what you just said to one of God's creatures was wrong.You do not judge lest ye be judged.
    I did my shopping and walked out.
    Key thing is act like its nothing and don't make a scene.Don't let their words stop you from being who you are because you have just as much right to be there as they do.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-24-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Caring what other people think is not important in the grand scheme of things but your happiness is.