Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "You look like a full on Drag Queen...."

"You look like a full on Drag Queen...."

What follows is a copy/paste from my lastest blog entry. I have again added it so that it can be added to the forum archive.
    Discuss to your heart's content.
    If you read the full thing - WELL DONE YOU!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether or not your significant other (here-in referred as SO) to knows about your cross-dressing,
    there is added pressure on you and your relationship with them.
    Not going to spend too long preaching about making sure your SO has all the information at hand to make an in informed decision about your future together,
    but with-holding the truth means not only are you hiding, but you are also unsure of how your Mrs will feel about you if you do come clean.
    I know, I've been in the situation, and I can say, even after what I am about to discuss that it is so much easier when your SO knows,
    because whatever happens from that point on is founded on truth, and where you have truth, you usually have some trust.

Anyhow, back on topic. (I may jump into many tangents today, as I hurt my knee two days ago, and co-codamol is awesome with redbull).

So last week was great, I got to get dolled up try out my other new dress for my birthday and take some pics, talk to friends online, did a bit of e-Bay mooching
    adding some choice costume jewellery to the watch list, I generally just had a nice day, while my better half was out for lunch with the girls from her work.
    I was talking with my oldest friend Jen (a genetic girl) for a while on Facebook messenger, amongst other girly chat,
    she said that she would love me to do her make-up some time.
    After the initial shock that I'd impressed a real girl with my make-up, to the point that she would be happy for me to make her face up,
    we started to make plans to get some nice ciders in and actually have a 'girls' night in, Me, my Mrs and Jen.

When my good lady got home, she came upstairs to where I am now, typing out this blog entry, on her way for her afternoon hour in bed
    (I tell her all the time that she is basically a cat in a woman's body, I have used the term transfeline on many an occasion).
    Before she lay down, I asked her if she would be cool with the idea of a girls night in and me doing Jen's face CD style...

"Errrrrrrr.........

No."

Her response literally stunned me. Not wanting to start a fight on her way to get some sleep, all I could respond with was...
    "You're not??"

I really didn't see it coming. I had completely expected her to be positive about it having previously saying she wants to come to Pink Punters with me,
    a night in with our friend should be a dead cert.
    At least that's what I though.
    I started to talk to Jen again to tell her to forget the idea, it suddenly dawned on me that this was probably serious. W
    as this a sign that she isn't coping? Had she been bottling up resentment?
    I began to convince myself I was over-reacting, but as it would transpire the next day, I was bang on the money.

When she woke up we didn't speak about it again. I just joined her downstairs for a bit of telly and a brew before getting cleaned up and back into drab mode.
    After I got cleaned up, everything on TV was CD/Trans related. It was weird, I swore it was an omen.
    (If you're wondering what the shows were - A hoarder show on Channel 4 featured a hoarder who was a crossdresser (we had this recorded on the Tivo box),
    we saw the advert for Amazon's 'Transparent' twice, and we also watched the South Park episode 'The Cissy' where Cartman claims he is transgender in order to use the girls bathroom,
    and Stan Marsh is revealed to be the chart topping singer Lorde - ****ing brilliant episode by the way )

Anyway, skip forward to the next day, I woke up, made a coffee and went to my computer to view some YouTube subscriptions.
    As I'm sat watching, I could hear my lady crying in the next room.
    "Here it comes" I thought. I knew it was coming, despite trying to convince myself I was paranoid, and here it is.

I will spare you the details, but after holding her for a while, she calmed and went for a cigarette.
    It turns out she hadn't been coping. Bottling her feelings up. She had not been speaking to anyone about my dressing, including me.
    Her reasons were that she was concerned that I did not wish to discuss it and therefore she did not want to upset me by bringing it up.
    The weird thing was, I had not spoken about it because I know she has a tricky time coping, and did not want to upset her by bringing it up.
    Both of us so concerned over each-other's feelings that we had weighed heavy on our own emotions to save the other. Boys and gurls - I've read it 100 times on forums,
    but some of us have to learn the hard way, keep that communication going. Even if it's trivial detail like asking her to pick a new top for you,
    just do it, because it may allow her the importunity to vent any feelings she has been working through, because you need to remember, you are the expert,
    the information resource for your SO on the matter of cross-dressing, you need to remain open to her/him.

She continued to tell me that she had become uncomfortable with my mannerism changes when dressed;
    -The way I walk in heels, -The way I smoke my e-cig with a pout, -The way my wrists are limp when resting, -How I cross my legs thigh over thigh.
    The thing was, if she had just asked me about it, she would have received reasonable explanations for all of her issues.
    -Heels force a posture of tits up, ass out and keep those knees together. That's why my walk is different. If I were to clod around with a masculine gait in heels,
    I would first of all look ridiculous, but I'm also fairly confident I would snap my ankle.
    -Cross-Dressing E-cig users will agree here - depending on your drip-tip, they rob your lipstick from you.
    So I pout to keep the drip tip in contact with the inner part of my lip where there is no lippy.
    -My wrists are always limp. It's a tell I have spoken about before. I try to hide it in drab, because I know it looks a bit wet.
    But I just don't care when I'm playing Samantha. I'm comfortable with it.
    -Aside from pencil dresses not allowing a 'legs akimbo' position while sat on the couch, it was also kinda cold.
    To quote my current favourite TV show "Winter's Coming", crossing your legs at the thigh helps you to keep warm, don't believe me? Try it!

All of this strengthening the case for communication to stay strong, regardless of what's going on.

And then the suggestion of girls night was discussed.
    She was angry at Jen. Firstly for asking me to do her make up, because that's my Mrs' hobby.
    And I have to give it to her, she's great with her slap. (Every time her mate come here to get ready for a night out, they ALL ask her to do theirs.)
    She felt insulted that our friend would ask a basic noob for advice when she's known her for years and never once brought it up.
    She was angry because Jen get's to be the cool, accepting, fun time friend who doesn't have a clue what it is to be in a relationship with and live with a cross-dresser.
    She was angry. Lets put it that way.

After helping her put her anger into context;
    In the sense that Jen has known me forever, and I'm never wearing make-up, but every time she see's my Mrs, My Mrs is wearing at least foundation, eyeliner and mascara.
    So by comparison, when Jen see's my Mrs dolled up for a night out, it's not that different to how she normally looks,
    but when Jen see's me dolled up, by comparison I appear to be a plastic surgeon.
    (I'm really sorry if that took you a few reads to understand, this was a clear as I could be... Like I said... Co-codamol LOL).

I also suggested that Jen doesn't understand because she'd never really heard my good lady's full opinion and feelings on my gender identity and presentation.
    Up until this, it had always been second hand information that I had relayed to Jen myself.

Time had moved quickly, and I was heading out for the late shift at work.
    I gave the Mrs a lift into town on my way to work. I suggested that she contact Jen and talk to her,
    tell her that she doesn't understand and why she doesn't understand. Help her understand so that she can be a better friend for both of us,
    the listening ear and support that you need, and the BFF I need for Samantha.
    When she got home she did just that. They chatted for an hour or two and cleared things up.
    Jen, seems to have a better grip on what my Mrs goes through with me, and my wife-to-be has bounced back more accepting and supportive than ever.
    She even had the epiphany that;
    It is not that my cross-dressing makes her upset, it is that there are a great many people in society
    who have a problem with gender variance and would express this with violence given the chancce, this is what makes her upset because she worries about me.
    Her exact words were,
    "I just wish that everyone could be like
    'Yeah, trannys, they're alright'...
    and then I wouldn't be so upset. You (referring to me) haven't got a problem, its other people that have the problem".

I swear I got a bit choked up when she said that.

And I don't know exactly what changed her mind, but the 'girls' night is now back on the cards.
    Just need a night where we are all off work and it is on!!!!
    Best news ever - I get to make up my oldest mate like a tranny - Can't wait! First every girly night.
    And no, there will be no chick-flicks. Were actually more likely to watch Reservoir Dogs, because we have taste. So ner-ner

As chit chat was coming to a close for bed time, she did throw in
    "I just wish sometimes you would tone it down a bit, sometimes I see your make-up and I despair...
    You look like a full on drag queen sometimes. Does it always have to be so much?"
    I tried to explain that I'm trying to learn techniques to cover beard shadow and glue down eyebrows to draw on girly ones.
    I actually love drag style when it's done right, not too over the top, but you know - Well contoured, lots of colourful eyeshadow, big lashes and lips.
    I tried to explain, that it's not the same for genetic girls as it is for cross-dressers.
    Girls are only trying to enhance, while CDs and Queens are trying to conceal, reshape, and enhance, like a surgeon with a contouring brush.
    Sometimes it looks severe, but sometimes it's bang on the money and I kinda need to finish climbing this learning curve.

None the less, she insisted that I tone it down sometimes, have a casual day or two.
    So I am.
    Well, when I say casual, I mean as casual as I am comfortable with.
    And by that I mean, still kinda dolled up. Like if I were a real girl I could just be going to Tesco, but I wouldn't be upset if someone were to take my picture.

So I took some selfies LOL.
    (See below)

So what's the point to all this?
    Well you would be an idiot for not recognising the importance of open, honest and clear communication being demonstrated here.
    It seems obvious doesn't it? But the truth is, despite nearly 10 years together and nearly married,
    we're still only just learning how to deal with my dressing as a part of our relationship.
    Compromise will come and things will change as we go. She and I both know, Samantha is never going away, so we both need to do our best to integrate
    my feminine side into our lives in order to keep us both sane.
    Each of our needs are very different in the integration.
    I just need, I just am Samantha. I am also [male name held]. I am two people and I am one. I am two avatars of the same mind, albeit a slightly warped one.
    And my good lady needs to integrate because denial and bottling up made her sad, and neither of us want either of us to live like that, so it's all out on the table, in the open.

Jen, once again has proven herself to mean more to me than I ever realised. She is a friend and ally.
    She is the support and encouragement that I need, and she is the stern word that I need more.
    She has known me longer than any of my friends. And as we crash through 30 on our way to 40 and mid-life crisis (think I might build a Caterham7 for mine)
    her knowledge of me is beginning to show.
    I just wish I got to see her more.

Well, here's a couple of selfies of my 'casual' look, there's more on my Flickr.
    Does any of this resonate with you? Do you have any advice to help?
    Has this swayed your decision to tell your partner, or even not to tell?
    Let me know in the comments below, and don't forget to follow for more

Thanks for reading,
    Luv ya lots
    Samantha xx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Samantha_Smile; 10-22-2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Formatting errors
    Samantha -x-

I like bold eyes and lips, too. Your pics are not drag queenish at all, just glamorous.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 10-22-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    Great piece, I really enjoyed reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Obvious editing needed.
    I write my blogs as if I were to be telling you a story.
    No offence taken though
    Samantha -x-

For the record, I read the whole thing. Two thoughts come to mind.

1. Communication, marriage, comfort, etc. I have said before that I would wake up every day from the early days of my relationship on through a lot of years of marriage hoping that this would be the day that somehow my SO would have some sort of breakthrough and be able to accept me better for who I am. That she would somehow become participating. I used to dream of what we'd do together, whether simply hanging around the house with me presenting as a female to going out together.

It never happened.

The acceptance (defined in that I was not utterly rejected) was cautious. There were boundaries, not so much in what I was able to do but what I could do AROUND HER.

As time went by, I let go of this daily rejection and embraced the notion that aside from the permanent and semi-permanent changes I have made in my appearance, there will be no breakthrough. And that is perfectly fine with me to the point where if my wife were to say to me now "hey, let's do a girls night out with our friend Jen", I'd be absolutely horrified at the thought.

The moral of my story is that it sounds like you have a good thing going and there may be some hope in further sharing with your SO, she may have reached her limit as to what she can process. Hers sounds like it is much further along than that of my wife's but regardless, this whole thing is a lot for a woman to get their head around and I cannot fault any woman for where she might draw that line.

2) Your more casual look...

Don't take this the wrong way, it is totally a compliment.

If that is casual, I'd hate to see your fully-cooked drag queen look!

Seriously, your makeup is gorgeous and impeccable. And the casual top is just perfectly flattering. You look beautiful.

My only advice is that whether you are looking for a dressed-to-the-nines makeup look for a night on the town or a casual look like you are showing here, many artists will choose to accentuate the eyes OR lips rather than both. Your eyes are immaculate and your lips are bold. I would to one or the other. Personally, I often do the eyes bold with a much more subtle lip. Doing so will bring you more into a casual look that you are trying for.

But other than that, it is hard to improve on the beauty you convey.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I do not see drag queen either - make up looks good for an evening event

Silver Member
    No "drag-queen" at all! IMO your feminine side needs to express & enjoys herself a little differently than some gals! Thanx for sharing.

I read it all and agree with the majority of it but really you are not in anyway the drag queen look. I love the drag queen false lashes that are out there and I love makeup over the top. That is just my thing and certainly not every ones opinion. Your pictures are great and I can tell you have spent some time learning the makeup tricks.
    I do believe you are spot on with your comments about being truthful with the SO or wife. Best thing I ever did was to start our relationship this way and we have made it our practice to keep it this way. After forty plus married years we are still one in soul and spirit and love each other more today than when we first met. The one thing we have found is keep the bond exciting and feed our love by giving the best of ourselves to each other first in life. Good luck Samantha sounds like you are heading the right direction. You are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post

Don't take this the wrong way, it is totally a compliment.

If that is casual, I'd hate to see your fully-cooked drag queen look!

Seriously, your makeup is gorgeous and impeccable. And the casual top is just perfectly flattering. You look beautiful.

My only advice is that whether you are looking for a dressed-to-the-nines makeup look for a night on the town or a casual look like you are showing here, many artists will choose to accentuate the eyes OR lips rather than both. Your eyes are immaculate and your lips are bold. I would to one or the other. Personally, I often do the eyes bold with a much more subtle lip. Doing so will bring you more into a casual look that you are trying for.

But other than that, it is hard to improve on the beauty you convey.
    Compliment received and sincerely appreciated.

Fully cooked drag in the eyes of the good lady can be seen in the pictures attached.

And I get what you're saying about lips or eye's not both. And I very nearly did just that, but just as I was holding the pale pink lippy, I saw my favourite pink sat in my make-up bag looking all lonely because of my recent spate of deep red lips LOL.
    My problem is, my two favourite things about make-up are lips and eyes. Gotta have me some false lashes and black liquid liner, but then I need my lovely full over drawn lips too!

Trust me, this is as 'casual' as I get. Hence why I used inverted commas on 'casual' throughout

Anyway, here's me looking Fully-cooked
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Samantha -x-

Smile, I wasn't referring to your words, but there were formatting words in brackets on every line. Maybe it was a glitch, but they're gone now.

Seeing your additional pics, it looks to me that you can pull off a glamorous look as well as over-the-top. I agree with Jaylyn, not just that we both love the over-the-top eyes and lips, etc. but that our wives know about our love for heavy OTT makeup and understand it as best they can. I suppose it is difficult for a woman to understand why anyone (woman or CDer) would want to look like that, but the reality is that some of us do.
    I like your "fully cooked" look.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 10-22-2014 at 12:59 PM.

I read the whole thing, it took sometime, reading and rereading, the reason is this is what I need today. Thank you hugs

I like both in all fairness to my Mrs suggestion.
    If I'm not happy with how I look at any given day, I'll either do it again or I wont post a picture - Simples

And yeah, that wasnt a glitch, the text was embedded with format code from my blog, but I edited it.

Thanks for the response
    Samantha -x-

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I see a glamorous woman. No trace of a drag queen at all. I love all your photos here, my preference is with the over the top application as opposed to the everyday casual look. Your first photo of this thread with the pouty lips is absolutely amazing, my personal favorite. Your makeup artistry is most accomplished, and brings out your feminine beauty. I would love to see what improvements you would make in my look.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

No drag queen. You are lovely.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

hi, iv never thought drag queen when looking at any of your looks, i agree that that we are not accentuating, but building, Spackle and paste so to say as we are hiding our maleness, ive always thought you were very talented about it, in post #9 1 photo looks like it could be toned down but the lighting is different also, their is also a pair of zebra heels i would like to see at the bottom of a pair of nice looking legs.

planing on trying some conversation today with my DADT status, my wife never wears makeup and i always think about a girl day applying her face....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I loved your post. But, no glitter = no drag queen.

[full disclosure: I like drag performance and consider my going-out
    presentation to be heavily drag influenced.]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Fully cooked is a tad on the drag queen side.
    Just being honest and not trying to be mean in any way.

I think you look really nice and love your makeup style. I was at a big drag show in Dallas 2 last weekend nights and you did not look like them at all. Even Willam showed up from Rupaul show now she looked closer to normal than the others but I'm sure she has damn good makeup people helping her.

Platinum Member
    Lovely lengthy story, and I read every word. I don't think it's possible to over stress the value of open communication. You illustrated this vividly. And by the way, you look wonderful in causal make up and what a cute top!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can understand why she might feel uncomfortable. You look great. Love your style.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Samantha,
    I see an attractive girl, no drag queen.
    No I only skimmed your blog for now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Samantha,

Your look is one that's inspired me ever since I came across it on Flickr, and I never thought you had a drag queen style. When I finally get around to going full-out, I hope I'm half as successful as even your early pics. Keep up the great work!
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

Actually your pictures remind me of Jessie J
    love
    Ivie

A very interesting and ultimately positive post, Samantha! You look great and you have a real sense of confidence going on, which is commendable I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivie View Post
    Actually your pictures remind me of Jessie J
    love
    Ivie
    A few people are saying this at the moment. Totally flattered - I love Jessie's look

QUICK UPDATE -
    Blog page re-formatted with illustrative pictures and links to the South Park episode in question.

Thanks to everyone for chipping in and for being so positive and nice.
    I value the honesty over making me feel good, so special thanks to Tracii G

xx
    Samantha -x-