Thread: t-blockers?

t-blockers?

looking for personal experiences with them. what did they do for you? taking with estrogen .? Im evaluating my next decision if there will be one. any info would be great! pm is great
    I just want to be a pretty girl!

Being totally 100% honest spironolactone made me tired as hell and it took up to 6 weeks before my body acclimatized to it.
    It happens even in cis people who take it, I'm not saying it definitely will happen but don't be surprised if you find yourself napping a lot.

Aspiring Member
    I agree that i felt lazy for awhile. Other than that I haven't really noticed anything other than the gallon jugs of water ever where and the need to pee all the time. Not in the jugs btw
    Professional thread killer.

any benefits?
    I just want to be a pretty girl!

Spiro made me pee a lot, especially at night and of course it decreased my libido. What it did in concert with E was make it so the E didn't have to fight so much T.

I guess I'm a little confused about what decision it is you are trying to make? Are you transitioning or not? If you are then hormones, antiandrogens and there side effects are part of the deal.

The point of taking antiandrogens is so one can take a lower dose of estrogen.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 10-23-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Like others stated, spiro made me pee more and I had to nearly double my daily water intake. Was VERY sleepy the first couple weeks, but my body adjusted, no problems with sleep now.

With E only, you won’t see the same effects of E in your system as with E and sprio. Spiro is needed to keep T down so low it doesn’t impede the progress of E. And I hope you have insurance, Spiro is REALLY expensive.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Silver Member
    Spiro dehydrates me and raises my potassium levels to a borderline range where they have to be managed. I never had any fatigue, but I had some fairly severe dizziness (from the dehydration). The benefits include sanity. Life without T is a wonderful thing ... when it's right for you.
    Lea

I would say Androcur can beat everything else out there. It will supress testosterone activity in the body much better than the stuff commonly prescribed in the USA.

I didn't noticed any ill effects and my liver was okay even after years of use, but that was just luck. I'm glad I do not need this medication anymore.
    If I enjoy hating life, I don't hate life, I enjoy it.

Androcur (cyproterone) gave me terrible depression. It's easy enough to get off the internet though and really effective but was not worth the way it made me feel.

There is always a big gamble when ordering medications online - they may sell you whatever they want and you cannot do anything about that.

But I still think androcur is a magic pill. No adverse effects, just benefits for me.
    If I enjoy hating life, I don't hate life, I enjoy it.

I've been on Andocur for almost two years. It's effects were almost immediate, and startlingly noticeable. I can't imagine an HRT regimen without a T blocker. It would require dangerous amounts of estrogen. Still, trust your Doctor, and work with him/her to get the perfect dosage, and regimen.