Thread: A bit of fun

A bit of fun

Whenever I get something new, or at least build up a few things, I have some dress up time and usually take a few photos to get a different perspective on how it all looks. It is a good way to get a feel for how to make the best presentation possible without any glaring faux pax (outside of percieved gender!).
    Recently a woman had interviewed me for something unrelated to CDing and asked me for a photo. I blew it off for a while, actually thinking that I didn't really have a photo of myself. She finally contacted me again and was quite insistant, as all her interviews are accompanied by photos. My first thought was the default "I don't have photos of myself!?" Until... Duh! I have many photos of myself, they just happen to be when I am not exactly in drab.
    So I settled for a particular image (because my facial expression was decent) which was a full length shot of me in a lilac sweater (androgynous) and a black skirt, black pantyhose, and knee socks. I began by cropping everything out creating a head shot. It was too much and was too grainy. So I decided to have a bit of fun, and zoomed out until just below my natural hip line. So the skirt is clearly visible from roughly just below my bellybutton to the curve of the hip. Most people on this site would likely assume it was a skirt, but it is not obvious enough for non CDers to think about. It could be black dress pants with a pleat, or even sweatpants!
    Of course right before hitting send I triple checked that I had not sent the uncropped image

Once you hit that button!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think it's cool you feel comfortable enough with your 'mixed mode' presentation to share a photo like that - and of course you're teasing a little as to whether anyone will see anything suspicious going on below the waist (pardon the expression )

And that's another interesting aspect I'm sure I see here often: "here's a tease, or a clue if you will, as to my real nature..." Those who are initiated to the inner sorority might see the clues, but most folk won't even look that far or in as much detail and if they do... well, as you said, it was an ambiguous clue anyway... plausibly deniable.. We do like to offer those clues to the world without just putting it out there... I'm the same, I admit it... like a kid with a face plastered with chocolate steadfastly shaking his head and denying any knowledge of where the missing brownie went...

Just take care with software as some photo editing apps preserve the original data and photo as part of the edited file... ooops!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta