Thread: Powerful in its simplicity....

Powerful in its simplicity....

At a conference and speaker's theme statement this morning was:

"Be authentic, be true to who you are and what you do. Master the most important subject - yourself "

Something that I am in a deep struggle with now. An inspiring thought, yet so basic. I know we say that a lot, but to have someone base their message on it was affirming.

Just thought I would share. It is timely for me.

Have a great day.

Erin
    Last edited by Eringirl; 10-24-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

This is who I am and what I do Erin.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It's a daily struggle for me.

I have lived in that spirit all the days of my life. Sometimes it was difficult to accept who I am, but I've never lost sight of reality.

That is something we all need to remember, what kind of a conference was it.

Since you say "being authentic" is "timely for you", I conclude you have yet to begin that journey. It is a perilous one. I have taken the first several steps but still uncertain of its final destination or outcome. It's difficult to subdue the siren's call to this statement about authenticity regardless of the cost. I continue to count the cost before taking the next steps. How much closer to the cliff must I become before retreating to the safe and unauthentic self or jumping into a new and uncertain world. Enjoy your conference Eringirl. They can truly be a great experience.
    Who do I feel like today?

Banned Read only
    Erin the next line should read, " And act on it ! "

Many of us would love to practice those words, but from behind a closet door to someone who's not listening we don't get very far !!

Erin,
    Sorry to put a damper on your inspirational thoughts, but, sometimes the gee up speeches are all embracing like those that write horoscopes for newspapers.

If you are inspired, well and good.

Having seen many speeches like you describe, I read into them carefully.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Erin
    I have embarked on that journey. Yes there are hardships and risks. It may not look the way I want in the end. However, I know now that there is an authentic me. She lives ! We give people the opportunity to grow and love us even when it's difficult. When they choose to do that there is nothing more beautiful. My children and wife have shown me that. I would have missed it if I hadn't taken the risk of exposing myself! Well that doesn't sound quite right. You know what I mean!
    Suzanne

"I yam wut I yam." Popeye.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The Mad Scientist
    This thought isn't lost on me. It's also one of the most difficult things in the human condition. Being you above all else.

Erin, thanks for sharing that. Authenticity is a daily goal of mine. I say "daily" because I so easily slip back into being who people want or think I should be. We are our own most important project, so to speak.

The most important subject is LOVE.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

And as Bon Jovi put it in 'I Am'...

"We're just who we are, there's no pretending
    It takes a while to learn to live in your own skin"

Daphne

x

Gone to live my life
    Hi Erin,

A great quote and mastering oneself can be both a challenging and enlightening journey. I try to stay true to authentic self and that is one reason why I have chosen to come to out to everyone around me.

Hugs

Isha

Simplicity is often the hardest thing to achieve, especially for both sides of us. The same applies to keeping a balance in our selfishness as we do not live alone.

That's heavy stuff, time to enjoy the lightest side of me
    - Claire

Just be yourself
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo