Thread: Adventures in the park

Adventures in the park

I had the chance to dress up tonight and for the second time, go out into public at the park to just enjoy the cooler weather and breeze while I wore a pink cotton skirt, matching sandals, and a white short sleeve top. I also had my wig of course and brushed my hair, no makeup.

I was definitely nervous, but I'm getting better at 'shaking it off' and not caring. I got out of my car toward the park benches and walked cutely like a woman. I sat down, crossed my legs, and enjoyed the weather when I hear some people coming. Now I became damn nervous, but didn't panic. Turned out there were some middle school kids, two boys one girl coming my way.

I lift my head up and they smiled and said hi. Acting all normal. But when I said hi back, they heard my male voice and they of course were a bit shocked, lol. They said no way, are you a guy!!? I just nodded and they continued saying, I thought you were a lady and started asking me questions on why and I just said I'm trying out my halloween costume and they were a bit relieved. Hahaa. Nonetheless I had a blast,and they thought I was a lady for sure and this got me going! I'm doin it right :-) The voice, well, lol.. it's impossible.

This is pretty much my first ever encounter with someone out in public. Whew! exciting.

I guess we can use that excuse any time. Let's call ourselves the Halloween club and we can always say we're dressed for Halloween.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Radina,
    I always advocate a shopping centre and never a park at night.
    In the ay maybe but crowded places are better even if they seem intimidating.
    Get someone to accompany you that takes the lone girl syndrome out of the equation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good on you for having the courage to venture over the homely threshold.
    Interesting to come across some kids who seemed polite and interested in you. What a rarity but I shouldn't be cynical, there are a lot of good kids out there.
    The Halloween screen is gonna run out soon though
    Luv
    Amanda

Way to go girl. Hope that put a smile on your face. That was rare that those kids were so cool.
    Gives hope for upcoming youth.
    Halloween prep 24/7 365, like it. But as Amanda said, that may run out soon.

Ideas?
    Thanksgiving costume " lady of the house to cook the turkey?
    Christmas costume " Santas shopping assistant ?
    Valentines Day " Trying to see if I want to give this dress to my SO?

Reality Check
    I had that happen a couple of times. I just responded "hi" or whatever in a poor imitation of a female voice. I probably sounded like Michael Jackson, but it was better than an obviously male voice.

Learning to talk like a female is very difficult and takes a lot of practice but most of us could get out a word or two if we tried.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Radina. Firstly congratulations on your courage to step out and face the world as you are it can be both nerve wracking and exhilarating at the same time. I do agree with Beverly though that a park at night and alone might not be the best venue but I do understand your need for wanting a more secluded spot as you work on you courage for more public venues . . . just play safe. A word about young children though. Unless they are with parents, I tend to avoid them for the particular reason that some may think (it is unfortunate but that is the world we live in) that you might be a predator dressing up as a woman to lull young children into a false sense of safety. Interacting with children in a secluded spot could lead to issues especially if they run home and tell their parents about the "man dressed up as a woman in the park" . . . yes you have the Halloween story to fall back on but if you get an irate parent . . . that might not hold . . . or they may call the police.

Again, I understand your reasons for going to the park but do play safe as you want it to be enjoyable not confrontational.

Hugs

Isha

Reality Check
    I agree with Isha, both on going to a park alone at night and on talking to children. Even dressed as a man, there are those who will think you are some sort of predator. Dressed as a woman, they will be more convinced.

It's a shame but there are people in this world (women) who think that every man is a pervert, waiting to rape them or molest small children. They raise their children the same, to fear strangers and especially males.

If a child says something to you, it's OK to answer but move away if possible. Don't have a conversation with him/her.

A Halloween two years ago I was fully dressed and wanted to feel some air up my skirt, I decided to stop for gas and it seemed like a quit gas station until I got out of the car, and it seemed like everyone was following me and it got packed in one second. The main problem I really had was I wasn't really dressed in a costume, I was just dressed like an average women. I started pumping gas and this women from the other side of the pump came around and asked me if my pump was working, I just nodded and she thanked me, she came around again and asked me if I could help her with her pump. I went around and helped her and didn't say a word, she then asked me if I spoke English and I nervously started laughing, she said"Oh my God your a man" I reminded her it was halloween and the best part was she was a cool women and started to complement me on how she had no clue I was a man and what amazing legs I had and who did my make up. We talked for a few more minutes and it felt great to talk to someone outside the box. It was a great experience.

I kind of understand why one would choose something they see as low-key like a park as a means to step out into this wonderful world of ours. However, as many have said, safety is first and you would really be better off in a more crowded place.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Well, I didn't come to the kids, they came to me. It really was a very short conversation and they moved on. I don't think they were freaked out or scared in any way to tell their parents and stuff. Appearance is everything as well. I didn't seem like a creepy old guy with mal-intent. They couldn't believe I was a male, until I said hi. Lol, i didn't think to fake my voice at the moment.

Radina you must have the right facial features to pass without makeup!
    How cool is that!
    And mucho congrats on venturing out and enjoying yourself.

Several months ago I was traveling. I stopped at a big park which is not too far from home. It was after sunset and there was a lighted carriage parade going on.
    I parked, checked my hair and lip color and away I went. It was nearing sunset and everything had a warm magical feel to it.
    I strolled around looking at all the decorated carriages pulled by mini horses. Very Disneyesque.
    I stood with and watched alongside everyone else with nary a look. There were also vendors and I treated myself to a taco or two or...
    I always feel so alive and new when I'm out and about. I forget that I'm en femme.
    "Missed it by that much!"