Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this the REAL you?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Is this the REAL you?

I read a recent post that stated that running to the closet for some stress relief wasn't really about the clothes but, about becoming the real person that they are. Is the whole CD/femulation thing just a return to the correct benchmark of our normal natural self?

Your thoughts?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

The only thing I can say is that since I have accepted, taken ownership of and amalgamated ALL of my feelings, I've been a much happier person, presentation notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    To me, I think the stress relieving part has to do with the fact that whatever my issues are at the time (usually work-related), my feminine persona is not part of that. It allows a bit of time to detox and regroup with respect to the real world.

Hi Carla
    I think it is an expression of part of ourselves, to varying degrees for each individual. Stress relief is often mentioned, but I've always found the only stress it relieves is that caused by not being feminine! I think what really makes it difficult is the prohibition, I know that sounds obvious, but I don't mean in the sense that we can't be how we want to be easily, but that our whole senses of gender, sex and physicality is skewed by the binary concept, even CDers because this is the world we have grown up in. I came across a diagram recently of the "gender continum". http://www.gendersanity.com/diagram.html
    In this there is not just one spectrum, but four: Physicality, Attraction, Gender identity, Gender expression
    The traditional expectation is that people are all either at one of all of these or the other, but in reality you can be anywhere on any of the spectra. I know I'm not a women, I'm a male, and I'm attracted to women, but I seem to have ended up somewhere (and not necessarily all the way over) on the women and feminine side of the other curves. It maybe that if I'd grown up in some utopian commune somewhere that this would just mean that I was a femimine man, but I didn't so my sense of self is also shaped by society, by the prohibition and the binary. So when I dress I want to totally transform, to pass (and accept I just have to aim for "dress to blend"), and go about wearing forms and creating a figure. I think the aesthetic is part of it, I recognise what you describe in your sig (though I don't have a maids outfit ;-) ) I think perhaps I just want to be beautiful...
    Sorry for the brain splurge! I'm on a push to try and understand better because I'm hoping to tell my SO before the new year and I want to be as clear as possible, so this is very much at the front of my mind just now.
    Love
    Ivie

Banned Read only
    I'm always the real me. Sometimes I look different, but there's only one me.

Platinum Member
    I don't dress for stress relief. Nor do I change from one person to another based on my attire. That being said, I strongly prefer the time I spend dressed as a woman to the other part. Given a choice, there's no contest.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Im the real me no matter what I'm wearing, jus a lil more at ease enfemme.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What Jennifer and Karen said. ^^^

When I transform, there's nothing real about me. Everything's fake. Crossdressing at its best.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I'm more of a "me" when I'm dressed than I'm a "me" when in drab.

It is a part of the "real me" only. I realize I have many different facets.
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

I agree with my sisters above. When I am dressed, I assume a real feminine persona. There is no need to compensate for stress.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I agree.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    For me it is. I grew up not feeling like I fit in; I felt like I was oversensitive and more prone to emote than what I thought a male should be, and that continued for the most part through now. I do feel like dressing allows me to be more like myself, whatever that is. Interestingly, also I do tend to gravitate towards dressing when under duress, it really makes me happy and makes me feel at peace when I do.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Reductio ad absurdum: I play video games for stress relief as well, but that doesn't mean I'm really a mass murderer or an Italian plumber with a mushroom addition.

When I dress I feel like I'm on a vacation from the male me !

I'm not sure I understand the question. I'm not emulating a female .. I am wearing my clothes. Yes, I am me. And a part (a goodly part) of me is female. Maybe I'm saying what Jennifer and Nadine said.

Have another glass of wine, Claire...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Its the real me pretending to be someone else. And since that person is a fantasy they dont have all the normal boring everyday stuff to deal with.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I agree, it is always me just some different facets of me, both normal.
    - Claire

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    When I transform, there's nothing real about me. Everything's fake.
    Oh come Nicole...! There might be a transforming layer of makeup, artificial fibre and satin but underneath it all I'm sure that acerbic wit, keen insight and no-nonsense gal is still keepin' it real...

The 'real me' has to be the persona that I reflect 95% of the time... while dressing doesn't change my underlying values and personality, it IS escapism for me (because it isn't real) and it's probably that which contributes to the calm and collected feeling I have when transformed... I can see how those who spend (or desire to spend) the majority of their time presenting female (or mixed mode) can rightly claim to be being their normal, natural self. I can't see how occasional dressers just have 'one me' unless that's a very effeminate male persona, or a very masculine female projection...

Perhaps some of the reason we enjoy appearing to be so feminine is because it is counter to our normal male self and therefore quite unnatural...?

I love the excuse to be a lot more girly - perhaps the contrast heightens the buzz...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

The real me is the one that I see in the mirror, regardless of what I'm wearing. Getting made-up and dressed up is part escapism and part adventure.

there is one me that looks better in heels
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Yes...I'm always the real me, whether in a suit, jogging pants, skirts, or dresses...

My best feminine appearance (yet to happen) is like the title of a book, with me being the book.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm with Nicole. I don't dress to be me but to appear to be someone entirely different. The further away from me the better!

And, I find dressing preoccupying but STRESSFUL. The week(s) prepping and putting everything on in the proper order without forgetting something, (I'm really old!), requires organisation and concentration skills that always test and try me!

AFTER I've finished the photo sessions? Only THEN do I relax and enjoy my fem creation!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!