Thread: If the boot was on the other foot

If the boot was on the other foot

This probably has been discussed on here before now but it occurred to me the other day if my wife started to take a liking to dressing as a man maybe I wouldn't be so fussed ! How do you think you would honestly feel if your SO stopped shaving her armpits and legs,gave up the make up,drew on a fake goatee and started wearing boxers !
    I makes me realise the big ask I have of my wife accepting my femmine side.
    Plucked her eyebrows on the way Shaved her legs and then he was a she
    Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side - Lou Reed

Silver Member
    The body hair would be hard to accept for me personally... I don't know, to find someone that loved me and accepted me the way I was... that is an awful rare and special thing to pass up! If she wanted to dress as a man occasionally, maybe I could deal with it.

At any rate, if I knew she liked to have body hair and dress in men's clothes, but formed a relationship with her anyway knowing all of the facts beforehand, it would give me no reason to complain later on.

I'd no doubt say go for it Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My wife is a jeans and t-shirt type of girl. All her jeans are men's jeans, and most of her t-shirts are men's. So any men's clothing wouldn't bother me.

As far as not shaving, that is her choice and that wouldn't bother me since she only shave her legs about once per week.

Drawing a fake goatee on her face, not sure how I would react, but can't say that it would bother me but I can't be 100% sure that it wouldn't bother me.

To paraphrase Susan Sarandon's character in Bull Durham: Honey, a man will do anything you want him to do if he thinks it might get you into bed with him".

Not shaving? After 5 years with a European woman? Not a problem. Drawn on mustache? Works for me, though I doubt many GG's have much if a desire for that.

Bottom line: Do I love her? Does she love me?

Jaye
    Last edited by Sandra; 10-27-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: I suggest that you read the rules about sex toys

Silver Member
    My wife and I have had that discussion. She isn't a CD, but wears guy shirts and tees from time to time. No big deal.

There used to be an ad that showed a woman in "his" shirt because she liked the smell of some men's fragrance. There won't be an ad in a negligee hyping a fragrance any time soon.

Men's sexuality is highly visual. We like to look at attractive women. That is why women like nice clothes. And...do their hair. Its instinctual--to worry about their figure. Billions of dollars in makeup is sold every year--just so we will look at women.
    As men--are we often attracted to butch women? Have you ever dated a gay woman?

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    She and I kind of have an agreement, as long as we don't physically alter ourselves through surgery or hormones, anything else is fair game. I have actually encouraged her to grow out her body hair to see what it feels like. She made it about two or three weeks and said enough and shaved it all off! Since then she has always understood my feelings over body hair.

I've dated bi women before, one did landscaping, one was a masseuse, but for some strange reason, gay women have not been attracted to my hetero-maleness...Go figure.

Jaye

Yes, I have. We met and had some "connection" and followed it up with a few dates and while we both realized the relationship was destined to be a "friendship" we did enjoy one attempt to find that bond. To this day we are still friends. I truly have a wide range of friends and enjoy sharing my life with people that want to explore life.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Men's sexuality is highly visual. We like to look at attractive women. That is why women like nice clothes. And...do their hair. Its instinctual--to worry about their figure. Billions of dollars in makeup is sold every year--just so we will look at women.
    As men--are we often attracted to butch women? Have you ever dated a gay woman?
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm bigendered, so as long as the agreements we have go both ways, I think it would be fascinating. In fact, it seems to me that the transformation would be arreally serious moment as we both shift perspectives!

p.s. drawn on anything? If we can go for wigs and forms,they can get real theatrical props. It's only fair.
    Last edited by suchacutie; 10-26-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added thought

I think about this alot, trying to see thing from my wife's perspective. But i suppose if she did want to do any of those things, there wouldn't be much i could say about it, considering how accepting she is of me.

Reality Check
    It has been discussed her before. Many times.

Since my crossdressing stays in the house or far from home if I take it outside, It would be interresting to see my wife look and act like a male while I am looking like a female. No growing hair on her legs and armpits because she, as I, have to revert to our actual selves in public.

So a role reversal in the home or in the bedroom would be fine with me. I don't know how she would hide that DDD rack though.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

To be honest it would not bother me a bit. However, I might say something along the lines of "Sweetie, don't draw a goatee on your face that looks fake. Let's go online and see if we can find you a good costume goatee "

Hugs

Isha

This topick has been discussed many times. The problem is, you're preaching to the choir.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My wife has never worn makeup, except for a little lipstick on occasion (she wasn't allowed to when she was growing up and then discovered she has allergies to makeup) which was never a problem for me. We have been married for 40 years and she has gone long periods of time with shaving in the past. While I do tease her about it (and oh how I wish I could shave it all off all the time and can't) it doesn't really bother me. As for a goatee, no she wouldn't look good with one. She has in the past worn men's clothes and she does wear t shirts of mine from time to time.

Honestly I wouldn't care if she wanted to dress more manly. With her hips I think she would look odd but it's totally up to her.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

It would depend on if she was trying to prove a point or it was how she felt and how she want to dress. If it was the way she truly felt I would support her.

With her fully accepting me how could I possibly object to her being comfortable with herself?? That would be so hypocritical!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife dresses more male than female. I would have no problem if all of that made her feel better, more like who she should be. My only objection would be drawing on a moustache or goatee. If you are going to do, do it right. I would suggest going to a theatrical site and getting a really good goatee/moustache.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I'm surprised, pleasantly I must say, to read how many of you ladies have an SO who prefers masculine attire just like mine. Says men's pants and shirts have better construction and hold up better. Make-up? The last and only time time I ever saw her in full make-up was 40+ years ago at our wedding. Otherwise just a little lipstick for weddings and funerals. Does this bother me? Not in the least. I love her for who she is, not what she looks like.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Cos-play, sounds like fun to me! As far as not shaving, her call, after all, (we like to say it's only clothes) it's only hair.
    But draw on a goatee, I don't think so, it would be like be drawing a hair do on my bald head, just silly, when in a good costume shop you can buy a mustache, or beard, or any combination of facial hair it the color of your choice, and they don't cost that much, less than one of my wigs I'll bet.
    If I can run around dressing as a lady, shaving all of my body hair, plucked eye brows, wearing women's wigs, make-up and women's clothes, who am I to tell her I don't like it. Besides, her playing man next to my playing women, that could be very good!
    To bad it's just a cross dressers day dream, because, I know around here, that just ain't going to happen.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

The question has been put out before, you are right, it is a big ask.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My EX did dress like a man.
    Wasn't a problem a hour a day after she got home from work.

Eventually (well the last 3 years of our marriage) she never wore anything but mens clothes, actually I think she wore a skirt about 2 & 1/2 years before I left her, nah it was closer to 3 years.

It wasn't her cross dressing that broke us.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz