Thread: dressing again after dormancy

dressing again after dormancy

Hi, this is my first post. Having spent the last 20 years or so with no real desire to dress, here I am dressed in black stockings, suspenders, panties and bra, all finished off with a lovely flowery tea dress. I wouldn't say I feel estatic like some of the posters on here, but I am enjoying it and it feels relaxing.

I'm not exactly sure why the desire to dress has come back. I think it might have been triggered by the fun I recently had buying some sexy lingerie for my wife (which she looks great in BTW). Maybe it's because the kids are older and there's more opportunity now.

Has anyone else come back to cross dressing after so many years in dormancy?

Hi Sarah
    Welcome to the 'WTF' club.
    Why we do it is the question for the ages and why does it resurface with such ferocity after years of dormancy.
    I'm going to make a few guesses here and correct me if I am wrong
    1 you first dressed in girls clothes or up as a girl at an early age
    2 you have no idea why you did that but maybe felt guilty afterwards
    3 you are now over 40
    4 you have always known that the 'interest' was there but denied yourself the acknowledgement
    5 you have recently started to accept this side of yourself
    6 your wife doesn't know........yet!
    How did I go? I'm betting a couple of these are on the money.
    Fact is these seem to be the common things shared by a lot of members here. So you are not alone and sadly not that unique ( maybe you are).
    You have come to the right place. Here you will learn a lot and meet some truly amazing people with such great outlooks and opinions.
    Don't forget to do an introduction of yourself. It's a good way to get known then post your little heart out about anything you are wanting to know.
    Look forward to hearing from you (and see how I went with my guess work lol)
    Above all have fun with your inner girl, heck we all do
    Amanda

Hi, Amanda,

Except for no. 2, I think you're spot on! I never felt guilty - I just never wanted to get caught. Maybe that means no2 does apply after all!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Sarah,

As Amanda has so clearly demonstrated, you're amongst friends and like minded gals here. Surprising how our stories differ so little... Enjoy the rollercoaster ride you have ahead..

Hugs,

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Hi, Sarah,
    Welcome I am also a new girl here, having looked at Amanda's list;
    Except for no.1 & no.6 where I was a late starter at around 30yrs old and I had the talk with my wife 7yrs ago and told her that I liked to dress in woman's clothes.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Welcome Sarah...

I believe quite a few of us here have mentioned dormancy or suppression for long periods.

Not that I've ever been keeping a diary but I think I've gone periods of some 6 or 7 years when other things have either been more interesting or more important and I have simply had to keep a lid on it... Family and kids have a habit of doing that, in my experience.

Why not post an intro and tell us a bit about your early experiences and how you feel about it now? (Intro section is here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-Introductions) It's not wrong - it's a bit weird and wonderful compared with the more 'normal' pursuits of the muggles - but for many of us here, it is an expression of a deeper gender issue that may be benign or may sometimes cause a lot of stress and grief.

Look forward to hearing more from you...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Welcome Sarah...
    I believe quite a few of us here have mentioned dormancy or suppression for long periods.
    Katey x
    Katey is quite right -- I know I did (see earlier post). Sarah, it's my belief that our CD / TG never goes away ... it's part of us even if we bury it deeply within ourselves. In any case welcome back and enjoy the rest of the ride!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sarah,

The desire to dress and why is about as illusive as a Leprechaun holding a pot of gold while riding a unicorn. We really don't know why the feeling will ebb and flow but we do know it always comes back (sound a bit like a horror movie . . . CDing the Night it Came Back )

The best you can do is accept it, integrate it and work from there.

Hugs

Isha

It's kind of like learning to ride a bike, we never forget how. Whether or not we choose to do it is up to us. Just enjoy it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I also had a lapse of time ( 10 years) that I did not dress due work and other duties. I now dress often. The wife knows however,
    She doesn't like all of it. I do sleep in a nightgown and panties with her. I think she just puts up with that part.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I've gone through two long periods in my life with out dressing, but never as long as that. I once went about 5 years with even thinking about dressing, before it came back, and once for 6 years with the desire. But it hasn't gone away in a long time.
    Amanda's list was right on for me too, except for 5 and 6.
    5. came to me many years ago.
    6. I told my wife before I started to dress when the desire came back after we where married. I know that is unusual, to tell before even dressing, but I had a great need, and no wardrobe, and never was any good at hiding things from my spouse, so it seemed like the right thing to do.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Welcome Sarah to the crazy world of dressing that we try and justify that we are the sane ones. I have been off and on a dresser since early childhood. I did take an extended time of really dressing little in my midlife to raise my children. My wife knew even before we were married that I might have some feelings for it. Luckily she has stayed the course with me but I never pushed it till the kids were gone. I think sometimes she would dress the way I love to and I lived vicariously thru her while the children were at home. She knew I loved painting her toe nails for her and she knew I loved the makeup. After the kids left I started back with a vengeance, and after I retired at 52 I really started yearning to be dressed more and more so your next to last sentence could be spot on. Also Amanda is a mind reader so be careful she can tell you your future and cast spells on you... Really she is right on the money in a bunch of our lives. You are at the right place to be understood. Get ten posts and start reading it will blow your mind what some have went thru with this crazy desire.

I've been on the roller coaster all of my adult life. I once went for almost a whole year without dressing and have purged at least four times (the last time was only two months ago). Each time I return makes me wonder why I ever give up.

I feel circumstances helps dressing to take a holiday, while other interests are more fulfilling.
    Soon as you hit a flat spot, bingo! it's all go again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have also had times where i did not dress for a long spell .Then all of a sudden it would come back with a vengence and i could not do it enough.These days it is pretty even
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I tried to quit again. 2 nights ago. Here I am with toenails painted again and loving it!