Thread: Frequency for public dressers.(only SVP)

Banned Read only

Question Frequency for public dressers.(only SVP)

This post is for those whom dressing is for public outings only.
    For those who don't crossdress publicly please don't respond.
    My dressing is always public. I like to do it as well as possible with professional help from hairstylists and makeup artists. I really enjoy the salon/spa experience and seeing myself transformed. There is always the anticipation of seeing a new, more convincing feminine view of moi. I sometimes buy clothes in advance for each new outing. That makes it expensive, and that is one reason I don't dress very often. I want a better presentation every time. It inspires a real adrenaline rush and is sexually arousing as well.
    This infrequency actually makes is about as affordable as buying all of this makeup myself.
    I don't foresee any chance for more frequent outings.
    I wonder if some more financial freedom would affect my enjoyment.
    Does the thrill diminish with increased frequency?

Depends on what thrill you are referencing to yourself. Sexual thrill from what I have read here diminishes the more one goes out. That does not mean one does not get excited at other times, but the dressing becomes less of a factor for that and the actual thrill (the other kind), the fun of going out and doing some of the things that we may do in male mode starts to dominate. I never got sexually stimulated when fully dressed as a woman. My thrill was initially of seeing the dramatic transformation in how I looked to myself in the mirror. Then I took that show on the road so to speak, and my visual thrill matured into just being out doing things that I like to do, like going to wine bars, eating well, movies and theaters and museums. Now it is focused on those activities and more plus just meeting total strangers and getting into long and interesting conversations, and making new acquaintance type friends.

So, to your question about financial freedom: I think that you could still have a great time by learning how to do by yourself what you are now paying someone else to do, and then spend what you would have spent on that third party service on going out. As they say, "Money isn't everything", but ... it sure helps! If you are not a wall flower, you will soon see that there is so much to see and do out dressed as a woman that though maybe lessening one thrill, it can easily be replaced by others.

Platinum Member
    I am very uncomfortable with the idea of going out dressed in public for the purpose of sexual arrousal. That isn't the image I want the public to have about transgendered people....and seems to reinforce an commonly held, negative stereotype.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Wow I totally agree with both of the previous posters.

I am curious though, if you always have to get new outfits for each outing, what happens with the previous items? As well as, do you think that there is something with having someone else transform you that is part of the thrill for you?

I go out all of the time, btw, but it is to do things like, shop for food, or clothes, or Costco items. Or go to a museum, or a movie, or??? Other, normal everyday activities.

I have to agree with what has been said before. Going out for me is like getting to come up for air after holding my breath while underwater in drab. It isnt sexual...rather being out is living. Eventually I hope those outings become 24/7.
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 10-27-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

My dressing has gone beyond just being sexual aroused. I enjoy being transforming myself and not having others do it just like any other woman. There is a nice feeling when I think that I have done a good job with my make-up and and outfit. Could a professional do a better job? I have gotten some tips from some women but it is some satisfaction that I did it myself, even if it isn't perfect.
    As far as what I do when I dress, I often attend a local LGBT friendly church as Nikki. I have gone to NYC and helped my friend shop for her store. I also have done the mundane things that your average lady would do, go to restaurants and diners shop for myself in stores and have gone grocery shopping. I also have joined some groups and have gone to some of the events.
    Basically, you need to do what makes you happy and not listen to what others say is right or wrong. I was once told that because I am so comfortable being Nikki that it's just a matter of time before I decide to transition. I disagree, I'm happy with the status quo, dress when I want and be the male me at other times. Just accept me for who I am and I will do the same to you.

I must concur with Samantha Rogers, that going out is not a sexual thing but rather like holding your breath and getting to come up for air when your outing experience is over. Since I will never be able to pass, I choose to go out 'underdressed' for the most part, and occasionally with female clothes, but would certainly like to do it more often. I recognize the place I am in, accept it for what it is, and keep content with the spiritual connectivity I get when I am in the pink fog.
    Di

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea dressing for a sexual rush ended years ago.......going out lost its rush too.......i mostly only go out with other people now....it just makes it alot more fun....and the reason i travel so much it loses its rush but never loses its fun factor if you make it fun........ learning makeup might help too...and prob save you money....but i get the pamper thing....but if you practice...i bet you could do a better job yourself....besides it would give you some added femme time even if you werent dressed, just spending some evenings in your pj's experimenting and learning makeup, getting in touch with your inner girl without all the bells and whistles... just a thought.....or maybe for you its just a sexual addrenaline rush....and thats all it is....everyones at a different level....

For me, and many other GGs I bet, going out to get groceries is not a sexual thing, it's a chore to get the family food.
    I doubt there is anything sexual about going to the movies, museums, art galleries or out to dinner...It's just a normal thing women like me do.

As to expense - I use very little and cheap makeup, also my clothes are from regular womens clothing stores, and I tend to get out weekly.

And NO, the thrill of being a regular, normal girl does not deminish
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Sexual thrill from what I have read here diminishes the more one goes out. That does not mean one does not get excited at other times, but the dressing becomes less of a factor for that and the actual thrill (the other kind), the fun of going out and doing some of the things that we may do in male mode starts to dominate.
    This describes me perfectly in my evolving progression

Yes for me most things decrease the thrill with increased frequency. Same with CD. Thats partly why i only do it perhaps once a month.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Banned Read only
    I don't go out much, certainly not the frequency of Allie, Nadine and Sammie BUT...I dress when I feel like it and I go out if I feel like it. Both those things do not always happen at the same time, but when I do go out, it's mainstream only. Real life is the best experience, including doing your own makeup!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I dress about 75%of the time and the "thrill" is there every time I step out the door.

I'm out two or three days a week and I'll say that the "adrenaline rush" doesn't happen so much any more.

It has been replaced with a sense of comfort and familiarity. I love being able to express myself as I wish.

A good trade, in my estimation.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ophelia,

For me there has never been a sexual component when going out. I kind of like Sammie's analogy of "holding my breath and coming up for air". Isha is part of my identity and after a point in time of holding her breath, she needs to come up for air. When she does she holds sway over the core me. I tend to go mainstream and do the things I would normally do as a guy but as Isha. However, there comes a point when my male identities grow tired of holding their breath and Isha takes a big breath and submerges while the others float to the surface. It is cyclical in that manner "boy to girl and back again". I can't say there is more of a thrill at being Isha than being any of my male identities (military, husband, brother) it is just me being me.

Hugs

Isha

I get out regularly and the adrenaline rush was gone a long time ago. This only ever really happened in the early stages of getting out.

I guess I feel normal would be the best way to describe it. Like anyone there are days why I am more casually dressed that others. For those who dont know me I don't spend much time in male mode anymore.

I get more of a rush when I find a bargain or something that I really want to buy.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-28-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Why is "thrill" assumed to be sexual? There are other thrills.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a CD but go out dressed a lot. And, what Nicole says is rite on!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Why is "thrill" assumed to be sexual? There are other thrills.
    I NEVER get "turned on" when I go out. But, nearly always do AFTER I finish my private photo sessions at home.

Going out dressed for me is more of an ordeal unless I'm out as Sherry. Then, the thrills out r a mile a minute! But, not sexual in any way.

And, to answer your OP, Ophelia? Yes! There's only one first time for anything. And, the more I go out as Sherry, the more accustomed and comfortable I'm becoming. It's still lots of fun, but not the same high as at first.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

At first there was a "rush" going out. After my confidence level grew the rush is gone and I've just settled in to being me. It was never a sexual thing to be out and about, just something I felt I had to do to progress as a person. I needed to be part of the crowd.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    I don't go out often (not that I don't want to, it's just difficult to arrange), but when I do it is not at all sexual. I dress alomost every day at home but again, it's not sexual.

I don't understand why you would buy new outfits every time you go out and I don't see the need for professional services each time either. You should be able to learn how to style your hair or wig and you should be able to learn how to apply makeup. Genetic women do it, you can too.

I can't answer about the thrill diminishing, but if there's no thrill, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I'm out two or three days a week and I'll say that the "adrenaline rush" doesn't happen so much any more.
    It has been replaced with a sense of comfort and familiarity. I love being able to express myself as I wish.
    A good trade, in my estimation.
    Eryn, Isha and others have said it for me. Whatever rush I get when I am out comes from being me. There is certainly nothing sexual about grocery shopping or going to the dentist. I'm just wearing the clothes and being the person I'm really comfortable with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

The thrill may diminish if you are talking about the adrenalin rush, because you just "get used to it".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    It hasn't diminished for me after going out dressed for 2+ years now; partly for the reason you stated where you get new things and want to go out in them, that's me too. Once a month maybe I will think of a new item and hunt it down online, then next time I dress to go out I am anxious to wear it. Also, I always find it a thrill to be able to express myself freely and that enthusiasm never seems to subside in my case. I do of course use my outings to shop around for sales and see what I can find in the stores.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush