Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you........

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Would you........

..... tell your wife about this site. And, show her your online identity and let her read all of your postings here?

My wife and I went out and had a wonderful dinner after an unusually stress filled day for both of us. It was fueled by generous indulgences of alcoholic beverages but, not enough to impair driving or anything. Our discussions lead to the known fact that her widowed former husband was bi-sexual and she had to get her head around that. Also, she was very accepting of her coveted gay friends, many being very long term. She mentioned her stress of coping with a transgender husband. Whoa! Her words! And that's music in a DADT environment. She even mentioned that she noticed the picture of me in my maid's dress on my desk. See profile picture. I mentioned that I would clean house all weekend if I could dress up as that sexey maid in the picture. Response, NFW! I very lovingly responded that I just love her dearly and I just had this other beautiful world where I explore and experience the femininity that I saw my sisters embrace. I told her that I am very confidently ensconced in my male existence and the gbending was my other fabulous universe.

So, I'm on the verge of just lovingly inviting her into my gentle beautiful world of being Carla.

Would you show it all to your wife?

Hey Honey. This crossdressing thing? It's just more of the beautiful me!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Already have... And in my case it was a valuable learning tool for her... She has her own login and friends in the FAB section.
    Call me Donna, please

My wife knows about the site and my online identity, she has looked at various things with me here and likes to make observations. She does not feel the need to join and I respect that decision.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

Banned Read only
    Did it already. She has posted occasionally. The meat of what you wrote doesn't apply to me, but there is one me and she knows it ALL.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    My wife knows all, and always has. She is on this site occasionally.

Thats funny, I literally just got done telling my wife about this site and offered her to join as well. She declined, but at least i offered.

My wife has read some things here, but feels no need to join. She is pretty comfortable with me, and has been since day one.
    Cara

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife knows about this site and we often discuss threads posted here. I don't think she visits often but she certainly could.

I've thought about it, as she has a hard time understanding CD-related things and I'm not very good at explaining them because I barely understand them myself. But I'm worried she'd be overwhelmed and have a negative reaction.
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    My girlfriend and I met online, and I told her about my crossdressing in my first email to her; I actually joined this site because I was looking for an information resource for her, and recommended she join the FAB Forum specifically.

Well, my girlfriend joined the site but didn't bother with FAB, she said what she'd read on the main forums, coupled with the extensive conversations we'd had from the beginning, told her everything she needed to know about the Wonderful World of CD!

Given that she's a member she could read all of my posts if she wanted to, and I don't have a problem with that!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

My wife knows about this site, she also knows about Debbie's facebook account. She did long before I started transition.
    Of course, she knew I was transgendered before we had our first phone call. We met on Match.com, she sent me a message "Dude, you're wearing a dress, what's that about". I sent back a reply explaining that I was transgendered, had considered transition in the early 1990s, but at that point felt like I was too old and fat to be the girl of my dreams.
    After a stroke and a heart attack, I realized that I needed Debbie's help to get back to being healthy again. Ironically, that turned out to be literally true. When I started spiro, my heart doctor told me I could switch to more spiro and quit my heart and blood pressure pills. He usually didn't give it to men because they hated the side effects, but it was actually perfect for me since that wasn't an issue. My health has been amazingly good since then.

Of course, the down side is that she busts my chops for things Debbie posts on facebook and she scolds me for posting here to much.
    On the other hand, she knows it's good for me to be able to share here, to ask and answer questions, to be able to help others and be inspired by others.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Honestly, I would invite her to join if she is interested in learning more about all of this. It sounds like she is accepting of Carla. I'm not sure to what degree though. It sounds like she still has some questions, or things to 'cope' with. This is a great place to learn about it all.

I was lucky enough to find a Girl that not only accepts Amy, but loves everything about me. I have invited her to join this site as well, but she says that she knows everything she needs to know about me. I would say, if she wants to know more, join.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

My wife knows about my posts. Reads a few on great occasion. As for regular posting on this site, she finds it boring. Says it's like joining an "I eat with a fork" forum, and then posting about all the times you ate with a fork. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    Says it's like joining an "I eat with a fork" forum, and then posting about all the times you ate with a fork.
    This made me laugh. I find there is a bit too much navel gazing going on for my wife to find too much of interest. At the moment she just tries to deal with the fact that I dress and what that means. She is nowhere ready to be confronted with the minutiae of cross dressing, transgender, etc. I think it would just make her wonder about me even more.

Angela xx

My wife and I share everything, including clothes, make up, jewelry, and this computer! I share my posts with her and she helps edit them, and sees the replies.

Devorah, interesting.
    Last edited by LelaK; 10-29-2014 at 10:31 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

My SO knows about crossdressers.com, and has read a few posts that I have pointed out to her. She knows I'd be happy for her to join, but AFAIK she hasn't done so.

Banned Read only
    I offered this site to my ex-wife, after first coming out as trans to her last year. She had no interest in joining. In her opinion, and I quote: "those people are a bunch of freaks."

Acceptance really just wasn't in the cards in my marriage.

Coming from a wife

One thing I would say before any wife/partner looks at this site, is that what they read on here may not be true to how you feel and not everyone is the same.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Mine has zero interest in reading as of now. It seems sometimes attitudes change, so a girl can hope!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Carla,

I have told my wife about this site and she has read most of my posts (kind of a sober second thought before I post) and read over my shoulder on a few others. She is not a forum person so she has declined to join.

Hugs

Isha

If I knew that I had an understanding wife, then by all means I would invite her, and share this other half of me. Unfortunately the whole world is not, and never will be ready. I feel like a complete loner among so many girls whose wives know this and that and post and edit, and help with the makeup- wow, how nice it would be - but no my wife is completely out of this picture.
    It would all be so simple if we could live our insides on the outside

I've pretty much shown it all to my GF and she's good with it. Hey you are more than welcome any time to come to my place and clean in your maid outfit Carla.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

All fun and games till you decide to show someone this forum on the day "the soiled panty discussion" is on the hotseat! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Reality Check
    I have not told my wife about this forum. There are posts here (by others) tht I would not want her to read.