Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you........

Conceptually, I'd have no problem sharing what I say on here with my wife...

Practically, no. They are rescreening 'Secrets of the Living Dolls' over here at the moment - features our very own Sherry amongst others... My wife was watching it when I walked into the bedroom night before last - I almost let out "Oh - that's Sherry..." that would have been a giveaway.. instead the conversation went like this:

Me: What's this...?
    Her: A documentary about men who dress up as women in rubber suits complete with... women's bits...!
    Me: Wow! Interesting...?
    Her: Hmph. They're all nutters....!

Hello closet...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla, My wonderful wife of 50+ years has known about my other side ,
    but it's a DA/DT kind of thinggie she tolerates it but just don't want to see me while I'm dressed.
    I have mentioned things about this forum but it'd DA/DT !
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    I have. She hasn't joined....to my knowledge it seems that this site has proven helpful for many SOs.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    my wife joined this site when I came out to her, I am sure she was searching for incriminating posts?
    since she found none she has hovered between tolerant and supportive of my crossdressing.
    she only drops in once every 2 or 3 months now

My wife has no interest. She thinks it is an enabler to my behaviour. Also, doesn't get the big deal about posting pics of new outfits, shoes, etc. Another vote for "eating with a fork". She doesn't get it, and really doesn't want to....And so it goes....
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I told my wife about this site. She had no interest in joining or reading any of it.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Hi Carla

Did it already. I hope it can lighten my wife's look on the CD thing :-)

Hugs
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

my wife knows all about me and my little hobby, and all about crossdressers.com, but not being a cross dresser herself has no interest in joining this site. I do mention a thread from time to time, but beyond that she has no interest.
    As far as understanding what I do, she always was a head of me at that. She accepted me as I am, way before I could and has never been bothered by it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

My wife is a member on this site, and knows my posting handle - and everything about my dressing.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa

I would show it all, there are a couple of darker secrets there but not too dark to share.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I told my wife about this forum and showed it to her, but she isn't interested. We talk about some of the threads. Initially she was OK with it, but now wants me to quit and thinks I spend way too much time on this forum.

I don't know where it's all going but it'll sure be a ride!

Hugs, Bria

I suppose I would if I felt I needed to. My gf always points out CD/TV/TS things to me.

One day she stumbled onto my (Kelli's) Facebook page. Her only comment was that I have better outfits than the ones I've put into my photo albums and I should add more.

Been there, done that, she's not interested. Oh well.

Mines been very supportive, enjoy having someone to shop with
    Who I am is not what I wear, it just makes me look and feel better.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Wife already knows, is often in the same room as me while I'm posting. She also really has no interest on my postings, or threads I'm reading. She's off doing her thing on Face Book. Hopefully not commenting or giving updates about her trans husband.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Hi Carla! I hope you are doing well and thanks for sharing some of your recent personal story. In fact, I sent an email to my wife a couple of months ago giving her the URL to crossdressers.com, told her I was a member, encouraged her to join the FAB forum, and even gave her instructions with reassurance (as given on this website) that FAB membership is phone verified to ensure FAB membership only. I did it as a leap of faith because I really don't know what is discussed in FAB, or the general demeanor of posters there, but I do know the MtF forum site is an bastion of CD knowledge and experience - less the 'fork' stories. I postulated education and personal testimony may help her, at least, better cope with my CDing or even promote some movement toward acceptance. She told me she did read some of the threads but I got the impression she didn't read very much based on her overall CD knowledge in a recent conversation and was turned off by the experience. She did say she didn't join the FAB because "anybody can become a member" but I think she confused overall site membership with FAB membership. I could not convince her otherwise and she accused me of just lying about it. "Can lead a horse to water but..." I really wanted her to join FAB but I don't think it will happen. She really isn't motivated to hear or read opinions that differ with her's. And yes, I would be fine with my wife reading any of my posts but that's why I don't post a real picture of me (even though I'm a real 'looker', LOL) because I don't think she would react well to seeing Samantha. Instead, my avatar is symbolic about how I feel rather than how I look. But to your situation; sounds like you guys should do some more drinking if that is the stimulus (inhabitation ?) to discuss your CD world since it sounded like she initiated the conversation. I hope this parlays into something good for you. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Who do I feel like today?

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    My wife and I are here, but you must be very careful what you say!
    YOU THE SPEAKER AND THE OP KNOW THE SUBJECT MATTER, BUT A WIFE MAY READ SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT.
    its very easy for her to follow all your conversations, and in a DADT situation it may do more harm than good.
    Clean up your stuff if you plan on inviting her to share our world
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

My wife asked if she could read what I post, at this point I said no, but she could join if she wanted. At this time kind of a want o be mine. I know its selfish, but sometimes feel like I or we as people need our own little spot.
    Who I am is not what I wear, it just makes me look and feel better.

My wife knows I dress--I'm dressed right now and she is only 10 feet away--but I would not recommend this site to her or any partner/spouse/so new to crossdressing. There are a few people here who I would love her to converse with, but for the most part many of the posts here are too much opinion and too little fact, for my tastes. I have no problem here because I have spent 1000s of hours on forums like this so I can, mostly, separate fact from fiction. But a non cd newbie? No way.

I wouldn't mind her reading my posts here. I try to post as if she might sometime want to read them.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 10-30-2014 at 04:13 PM.

I think it would be good, it certainly seems to provide as much support for SOs and partners as for CDs (I still see CD as coefficient of drag, hey I suppose it still is... in a way. The factor of lift we feel from drag! I know it's a coefficient but I feel compelled to invent units for it. Heels/fortnight? Glamour-seconds-squared?)
    I certainly wouldn't worry about her reading my posts, if I was out to her then there's nothing I wouldn't want her to know, though we are a very very broad group (as we should be, unite and be fabulous) and I would be a little worried about her taking us all (including people headed in very different directions to me) as one.
    I think I will recommend it though when (when, when, when, not if) I come out; but also with directions towards the FAB section and the longstanding GG contributors.
    Best
    Ivie
    36 glam-sec/kg (yes it does have to be metric)

Although I would love it if my wife were to come here and learn more, I am not ready for full disclosure. We live in a DADT and it is all she can stand.

My SO fully knows I am a member of this site. She has no interest to join though as she feels if she needs to know anything she will just ask me, which to be honest, is how I prefer it. Let's face it, we all have different wants and needs from this and a lot of us are on a path to transition. It wouldn't benefit her, or Me, for her to read all of these different things and panic thinking I am heading down whatever path anyone here chooses for themselves.

She does like to sometime look over My shoulder though while I am looking at the picture gallery If she wants to read anything that I personally post, she is more than welcome to ay anytime unless it's in our private section, though I rarely post there to begin with.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I must walk lightly, because . . . the result is a big, big, stick. The loss of my wife and family who mean so much to me is a fear. It's a simple lessen--tread lightly on the ice...it may hold, it may break. Now, I will not bring her to this site.