Thread: I should have known ...

I should have known ...

Here's a conversation my wife and I had the first time she saw me dressed.

Wife: That is a really cute dress and it looks really good on you. I'm surprised.

Me: Thank you so much.

Wife: Where did you get it?

Me: At Dress Barn.

Wife: You look surprisingly good. The picture I had in my mind was nothing like this.

Me: (Blush) (Smile)

Wife: I like your makeup also. Did you do it all yourself?

Me: Yes. I did. It took a lot of practice to get it this good.

Wife: Well. It could use a little work, but I could help you with that.

Me: Thank you so much. That would be really nice.

And then the alarm goes off. I wake up slowly, and say to myself, "I should have known it was a dream."

In the interest of honesty, some dialogue was changed for dramatic effect, but it was a real fantasy.

PS

In case it's not entirely clear, this was not a break through with my wife. But it was a real day dream of mine. It's Halloween. It could happen. Right?
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 10-30-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I do agree, pigs might fly too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    @Steffi - It sucks that acceptance is so hard to find for so many. I know it also sucks for those who find they can't accept someone they love, as well. It is just a terrible situation, all around, so often.

I hope your dream comes true someday.

beverley if pigs could fly the price of bacon would go up !.

carolyn xx

Banned Read only
    Steffi you could turn it round and ask your wife if she'd like to hear a dream you had !
    I keep coming up with these ideas, maybe I'll try that one myself !... " I dreamed you put makeup on me last night ! What a nightmare, I looked awful ! but you said I looked good ! "

Aw, Steffi... I hope your dream will come true.

Platinum Member
    Hi Steffi, The punch line could've been,
    Then the guy behind me started blowing the horn to let me know that the light has turned GREEN.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My wife discovered I CDed about two months before we got married. She was really ticked off at first but then slowly came to accept it to the point we would even talk about it quite freely. She didn't want to see me dressed until about five months after we were married. She commented on what I was wearing, my makeup, my hair, etc. She seemed to be at peace with everything. Since that time she had seen me dressed a few times but always by accident. She never asked to see 'Billie' again.

About twelve years later it was "I want you cured of crossdressing". It was either get cured or get divorced. I've done my best to hide it from her since.

Banned Read only
    @BillieJoEllen - there is no cure for this. Believe me, if there were, so many of us would've taken it. You can't cure something which is a part of you.

Platinum Member
    Dreams serve a purpose in helping our subconscious work through issues we must deal with in life. It's nice that your dream gave you a positive or hopeful feeling, even if its never realized in real life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dreams come true on a "Disney Cruise " so they say.
    Sorry had to do that, but hope yours does. I would be mine too.

Do the math, is there a probability yes, is there a probability that I will win the lottery yes, 1/400,000,000, but there is a chance. Sometime it not worth taking the chances.

My wife knows about my dressing but has never dug into it, thus she doesn't know about the forms, the wigs, the makeup, etc. But I would love to show her! LOL. Steffi, knowing you as I was reading your post, I was like, what? Really? Happy Halloween!

Genny B

P.S. Steffi, the gown fits!
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Funny things can happen in the dreamscape.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

dreams are great, and can come true, sometimes!
    Who I am is not what I wear, it just makes me look and feel better.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Lightening does strike! The first person to ever see me dressed (as badly and minimally as it was) was my wife, and within 5 min we were online looking for a dress for Tina!

As far as "cure", I've been thinking that one of the first pieces of education which will help us immensely is to have everyone understand that having a "self" in the "other" gender is not something that is all that unusual, and it is something that is a permanent part of the cognitive being of that person. It's not wrong, and it's permanent! I must admit to being a bit annoyed when what I am is considered by someone to be a "syndrome" or an "illness". Sheesh.

"Dream a Little Dream with me" Mama Cass Elliott of the Mamas & Papas
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I love having dreams of being either born a real girl, or being able to dress openly.

I find it's easier to talk about these things with other than I do an SO, or family.

The urges never go away. They can be suppressed, but they always manifests itself in one way, or another.

Banned Read only
    It's not too far. And, it does not take too long to get there. So, get on an airplane and head down to Fantasyland. I think most on this site experience nightmares or engage in daydreaming too much. Many the SO's have nightmares of walking in on us, when we least expect it.

Steffi,

I came out to my wife almost a year ago. Last week was the first time she had asked to see me in a skirt, after we went on a retail therapy rampage.

In the beginning, all I wanted was acceptance and her to be excited for me, even participate. After many months of let downs, I gave up, and have quietly worked around her. We have discussed her involvement several times, and the results are always the same: she loves me, supports me, but doesn't want to see it ( not in a bad way, just not interested). Now, I have several other people that are interested and I find she gets a bit jealous when I shop or discuss it with them. To me, this is her choice and her issue. In the end, I am who I am, and am not going to change that to conform to whatever my wife feels I should be.

I don't flaunt Julia around the house, mostly yogas at night and some light makeup, and never push my dressing in a sexual issue. Nights she's out, I'm dressed head to toe. She knows to send an ETA text prior to coming back. For now, I'm pretty comfy with this, as our relationship is strong. I love my wife dearly but love myself more.

I'm not saying you shouldn't dream; be yourself, be honest, be gentle in how you dress around her. You will find a happy medium.

Steffi,
    You should be so lucky.
    Welcome to Fantasy Island ("De plane, boss, de plane").
    1st star to the right and straight on til morning.
    Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho . . . .

All are better than the reality.

May your dream come true someday, Steffi.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!