Thread: Mammogram

Mammogram

I just had bypass surgery a couple of months ago and have been healing. Some results of the medicine is increased swelling and sore breasts so the doctor wanted a mammogram done. Have any of you girls had one, made me feel good since my breasts are larger now and fit great in a bra. Happy but sore.

Reality Check
    I had one. No big deal. One breast started growing so the doctor sent me to have it checked. Nothing there and it has since gone back to normal.

I just wish I had more for them to examine!

BTW: That would be the dream job for me - operating a breast exam clinic.
    Last edited by Krisi; 10-30-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Mammogram no problem. They may also want to do an ultrasound of the breasts.

Since I had breast cancer and what turned out to be a minor surgery I've had about ten or eleven. Over the last two years I've gone from a 'B' down to an 'A' cup. It was determined that I no longer needed to have them which is fine with me. My blood estrogen level also went down dramatically. My oncologist thought that was probably due somehow to a major weight loss. Now I haven't had one in well over a year.

The mammogram is probably a good idea. Just too bad you had to go through the bypass to get breasts. Good luck my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I had one a year ago - ask the same question here as I had a lump in one breast and immediately got moved as it was a medical issue - but no matter; - mammogram and ultra sound, the Doc's and nurses are all caring professionals and see a lot of men with problems and it's just biz as usual to them but an unusual experience for a male. I have developed gynecomastia in later life and check-up is advised - and somewhat looked forward to.................................Debra

Banned Read only
    Men have breast cancer just like women do! I had a very good friend die from it because he didn't believe the doctors when they told him he had breast cancer. He would not go have the mammogram done. It is a simple test. Go get it done and do not be embarrassed about it at all.

Glad they were able to fix you up!

Had a mamogram a few months ago. Everyone was very professional and it only took a few minutes. Very glad it came out "clean."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I had one done last year because my breast were sore and growing I enjoyed the exam itself and also finding out I was clean ended up with b cups with possible small c later. Hormone imbalance.

Breast screening is normal practice for certain age groups in the UK. I've had mine as part of the screening programme. The only concern for some people is some discomfort due to the pressure the machine creates in order o get the best possible image. I can't say it bothered me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kari, I'm so happy for you and your recovery.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by KARI AN View Post
    I just had bypass surgery a couple of months ago and have been healing. Some results of the medicine is increased swelling and sore breasts so the doctor wanted a mammogram done. Have any of you girls had one, made me feel good since my breasts are larger now and fit great in a bra. Happy but sore.
    I had a mammogram performed several years ago to investigate a lump. It was somewhat awkward for me as I'm rather skinny with practically zero breast tissue, but overall not a bit deal. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck with your continued recovery!