Thread: Going to the gym en femme

Diva!

Going to the gym en femme

Hi All,

Does anyone here go to the gym en femme? If so, do you go in drab and change there, or do you walk in dressed? Which change room would you leave your stuff in?

There's a chain here called Goodlife that I am thinking of joining. I would love to work out en femme and am trying to figure out the logistics of pulling it off. I am in the closet, so I would most likely go in the early morning when there are fewer people there.

Appreciate any advice/replies

Cheers,
    Victoria

To avoid any potential complications, the best thing to do would be to tell them who you are and what you would be doing en femme wise up front. People don't like surprises like that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I workout at home, going to gyms made me uncomfortable with creepy guys doing what creepy guys do.

While I go to the gym in drab (go at lunch time at work), my workplace has single use change/shower rooms to accommodate TG. You may want to inquire as to how the accommodate TG and go from there??

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Goodlife has two different gyms. I would not even try the women only ones (usually in Loblaws stores). The coed ones, oddly, have no written transgender policy, so you would have to wing it, and set precedence.
    I would go in your workout clothes, maybe with a warm up jacket over top. IMHO, there is no correct changing room to use. Use a locker for your purse, and odds, and ends, but don't change there. Leave stinky, and shower at home. If you use a wig, and forms, that's going to make it more difficult.
    My sister works for Goodlife, and is always telling me to come take a yoga lesson with her. I'm a 1000% out pre op, but the gym is still one of those places that gives me the creeps.
    Please, if you go, let us all know how it went. Some of the girls are going to call me hypocrite for this, as my personal philosophy has always been 'Get out there, you have a RIGHT to'- but I still find the locker room a tough one.

Reality Check
    I don't know how you can be "in the closet" and consider going to the gym en femme. I would think that would mean coming out of the closet.

Yesterday it was warm in my house and I sweated underneath my forms. I would think going to the gym wearing forms, padded panties and a wig would be very uncomfortable.

I go in drab but always wear leggings or capri leggings, of course a light bra, panties , pierced ear and thin arched eyebrows. It is a 55+ gated community and I don't really care if they think I dress a little efeminate.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    hmmm... i'm not even sure what i'd wear in either way to a gym. Guess a dress is not the best attire. I do have a few pounds to burn and know myself well enough that it isn't going to magically go away so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do something along these lines - I need someone pushing me regularly. There's a Goodlife just down the road from me so hopefully this gets answered.

Platinum Member
    I Have worked out en femme at lifetime fitness. I'm arrived dressed, rather than create issues at either dressing room. No issues and almost no reaction from the other members.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As long as I don't eat too many waffles and syrup at breakfast. I find I have no reason to go to the gym.
    I find that I can walk any excess off.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I dont do the gym thing either just workout at home dressed as you see, minus the wig and makeup, just to much trouble to do that just to sweat. However if you want to go to the gym in kinda fem attire while endrab its not impossible so just find the right outfit and maybe it works
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do all my workouts at home. Sports bra, support pantyhose, skort or tennis skirt, flats, wig, and light makeup are always the uniform of the day.

I was a member of a women's gym for three years. Dropped out because I got busy on a project and couldn't afford the time.

Registered and attended strictly as a woman, no disclosures. Always came, worked out, and left en femme. Made friends there and we would talk and have a good time. The gym also sponsored monthly hikes and monthly lunches to honor birthdays during the month and I regularly attended those.

Miss my workouts and my friends and hope to join back up when this project is over.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    Hi Victoria, I would call and talk to the manager first.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I go to the gym partially en femme. Wear woman's workout clothes and breast forms and padded panties. No wig (because of the sweating and need for maintenance), but wear lite makeup. I always use the men's dressing room and showers. Sometimes go dressed and other times dress there. No one seems to care. I enjoy my workouts so much more this way. Also wear women's bikini bottoms to jacuzzi. Go ahead and have fun. I could see an issue if you go into women's dressing area. Men's area is wide open and no partitions. Men don't care but a nude man in women's area could spell trouble. Unless the women's dressing area and showers are partitioned and semi-private.

Reality Check
    I went to a gym for a year. Not en femme though. I hated it. It was all about the young muscle bound guys grunting and sweating on the machines and loud music. One guy yelled at me because he didn't like the way I was swimming in the pool. I suppose these places have a personality of their own but around here you have to sign up for a year and pay even if you don't like it or even if it closes down.

No more gym for me.