Thread: Thanx

Thanx

I want to thank everyone on this site for all their support and open discussions that helped me get to this point. After going back and reading my posts from the time I joined and I can see the change in attitude and acceptance. As proof I did not nor would I ever post a picture,then when I did I had my back only and when the earth still rotated I started to post more and open up my life to all, now I post not only full frontal face but also my male self and the fear is gone of being outed (I hate that phrase)I even express my femme self in every day life maybe not full dress but enough that I get some looks from time to time. It has been a long time since I went or wanted to go public in full expression but now that I feel more rounded and comfortable it's a matter of time, and yes there will be pictures, something I would never have nor would I do before I joined this site, all those years lost,kind of sad really. So again Thank-you mods and members even the ones that were more negative, because input is still input to learn from. My DADT has turned into PAWT
    [please ask will tell].

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Well, nice picture, for sure.
    The more you play with the makeup, the better you get.
    It never gets old.
    The way my SO and I came to an agreement about my dressing is that, when she wants to see Cheryl, she'll just say, "Get dressed", and she'll have laid-out what she wants to see me in.
    My SO knows that the CD in me will ALAWYS be there so she deals with it by making it FUN for both of us.
    Have fun.
    Last edited by CherylFlint; 10-30-2014 at 09:39 PM.

I remember when I first found this site, not wanting, but really wanting to gone. Night after night of just viewing and wanting to join in on the conversations. When I finally did it was the best day ever, it felt weird but it was the first time I spoke as Maria. I know exactly what your talking about, and all the great advice along the way. I know have more confidence and more complete, still pretty deep in the closet but happy.

Well done Allisa... Nice pics too...

I think it's a nice feeling to know that we're all being helped by a bunch of folk who are, in most ways, just like ourselves...

No (overt) professionals, no real experts, no rule-makers (not including the fashion police... ) - and best of all: NO FEES!!!

Just no guarantees you'll hear anything useful either, but I find you do get out what you put in...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Allisa,
    The people that founded this site must take messages like yours and treat them with some pride ! I continually thank members for their kind words and support ! My circumstances may be far from perfect but I've lost the shame and guilt I had when I joined the forum and enjoy more what dressing can bring !

Allisa,
    Like you I have changed somewhat and I feel my views have changed to meet the situation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I agree, a big thanks to all, it a journey of self discovery, with a push now and them.

I'm new to this site and already feel part of the wider community. This site rocks. I'm logging on first thing in the morning, as soon as I get home from work and last thing at night. My wife's off out soon so I'm really excited about my next chance to dress up and reading new posts while I'm at it.

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    Lisa its so nice to hear that you are coming to a time and place of understanding and acceptance and feeling self worth . As with most of us here its work in progress ,sometimes were ahead sometimes behind but always trying to be a little better ,and you are doing just fine . Katie x .

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Allisa,

It is amazing the way we change after getting on this site. I couldn't keep away when I first started but as I've read more, joined in and listened to other points of view, I found that my own outlook changed to many things in my own life. Either that or I'm mellowing with age. Unlikely that last one.

I don't visit the site or join in so much now as I've become more comfortable with myself and that is definitely where you are in your own life and long may it continue to improve for you.

Of course I've got an opinion! Now, what was the subject?

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 10-31-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk