Thread: Crossdressing in France

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar

Crossdressing in France

I hear there are a few members of this forum who, like me, live in France- I'd love to hear from you, and find out if you've felt comfortable going out in public over here. I'm very cautious- I find the French to be ultra conservative, though I think parts of the Cote d'Azur - Nice for example - are more liberal.

Nikki

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    First of all welcome to the forum, I don't recall seeing a member from France but then some of us don't put all our details on our home page !
    I'm surprised to hear you say CDing in France isn't more open, I suppose we could all say that for parts of our own country !
    Please stick around and carry on your search and see what other members are doing .

Nikki,
    I have felt the ultra conservatism when there and I feel it also comes from the strong religious beliefs that are apparent.
    Also, welcome to the forum.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

with all the French lingerie lying around and wine and French poodles and how romantic it all is I can't imagine it not being a goldmine!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    There are definitely girls from France on here, as I've had a few messages with a couple of them. Haven't seen much activity from them of late but then I've been conspicuous by my absence of late too. I would supply names but it's probably better if they approach you.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Thanks Rebecca- I like to think of myself as approachable. God, now people will think I'm a total ****...

here is at least one thread from this forum that has some answers

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...e%29-Drag-Club
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've been to Cannes for Film Festval but I didn't cross dress while I was there... Did think about it a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    I hear there are a few members of this forum who, like me, live in France- I'd love to hear from you, and find out if you've felt comfortable going out in public over here. I'm very cautious- I find the French to be ultra conservative, though I think parts of the Cote d'Azur - Nice for example - are more liberal.

Nikki
    Despite the fact that France is one of the kings in Fashion Industry, i am amazed... the only time I have been to France is when i drove by Paris on my way to Spain. So I dont know much about community there

Welcome, French sisters! I hope that this will prove that we are all of the same mind set

I've been out "out" during the day in Paris without any problem, but a friend of mine that's a TGirl from Paris has said she finds it much less acknowledged and accepted than in the UK. I have been along to a group with her, but the atmosphere was much more sexualised and the whole thing was much smaller than anything I've seen in Manchester or London.
    It surprised me, maybe it is the catholicism, but then I understand homosexuality was only ever illegal under the vichy regieme (the nazi puppet governement during the war) so I would have expected gender variance in general to be more accepted.
    Seems that for all it feels hidden, the UK maybe one of the best places to CD?
    Ivie

Lorileah and Ivie- thank you. It seems my impression isn't wrong...sadly.

I've heard several people mention religion as being a factor in French prudery/conservatism- but fewer than 5% of French attend Mass regularly, and naturally that demographic is mostly over 40 and perhaps averages as much as 60 years old. So religion is almost dead in France among the young...except for the rising Muslim population that is.

It just seems that the UK is a freer, less uptight place. Perhaps I should move to Berlin- sadly the weather's no better than UK's, but it's certainly a better bet for public crossdressing!