Thread: No going out for me today!

No going out for me today!

Last night, , i was working trying to do brake job on my old 1976 Dodge, and forgot how to do it, lost some parts. Then, had to help my older sister help my 93 yo bitter father out of his wheelchair, into his bed chair. Frustrated and angry, i went to bed. The weather was calm, and a little cool. I fell asleep, and woke up in the wee hours, to hear powerful, blasting winds, a little rain, and snow! All day, here, it has been bitter cold, with 40mile and hour winds. Chill temp around 15 degrees. Gusts that can rip a wig, cape, or costume clear off a person! I just don't have ANY DESIRE to get dressed, or go out dressed. I had hoped to go out yesterday, before Holloween. Too busy getting dirty, greasy, bruised, cut and frustrated working on brakes. And, my very miserable father has rubbed off on me, always implying he had the worst life of anyone, while having a $2000 a month pension since 1983, and outliving everyone in his area for miles around. I am living on $850 disability. Fathers have enormous influence, good or very bad on sons. I had hoped to actually go out this Oct 31, like last year, but i am burned out.

Some times early to bed and recharging is best

there's always tomorrow!

Alice,
    You should have bitten the bullet and celebated.
    It would have been good therapy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My polyester Elvira dress, along with the chest plate, waist cincher, hip girdle,wig, and stockings, necessary to pull off the look, can be really hot to wear. Unfortunately, it was 93° today.
    Oh well, maybe next year.
    Cara

Bummer, Alice! Sorry to hear.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Actually, I want nothing to do with Holloween, and celebrating it. To me, it would only be a "safe" chance to go out dressed the day before, or that day, not bringing near as much attention, to myself. But, some other day or night will work, if i can not worry.