Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mainstream acceptance: 1 thing?

I'd go for skirts, too. They're so flowing, so free. A skirt beats shorts anytime during summer. And as far as fertility is concerned, a skirt is surely a bonus!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    skirts and dresses

High heels!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Heels, for sure! I like the idea of eye makeup as a second choice, but heels with a suit is just super!

Reine, I really think your suit argument is not adaptable over the wide spectrum. I agree that well-tailored clothes should match the body on which they are draped, but the body spectrum is huge across both genders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Many good points made here and I agree that it would be nice to be able to wear whatever we felt comfortable in. However that really won't happen very soon.
    Why not?

Every time one of these threads come up the first thing in my mind is...who says you can't? Who decided? Pretty much the men decided they would not (notice I didn't could not) wear these things. Some from practicality, hard to ride a horse in a dress and some because they just gave it up.

But back why won't this change anytime soon? Because men aren't willing to stand up for the "right" to wear whatever? I wonder if in the thirties there weren't as many women saying "geeze I would love to wear slacks but that won't happen" All it took was a few women to decide they could...and they did.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Very hard for me to choose just 1 thing! I will say high heels but my list is really extensive.

If I called pick more than one, I say heels and skirts. However, as you asked for one, I would say heels would rank higher on the list. No pun intended. LoL

When I go out, I present male. I am not interested in being female. I go out in public infrequently. I go out during the day, while kids are in school. I go to places where decent people are and try to avoid situations where people might act rudely toward me. With that said, in my experience, a guy can already go out dressed in whatever he wants. Skirts, dark hosiery, heels, dresses. I have tried it all. People look because it is uncommon. But, society allows me to be out and people pretend like I am not uncommon. I have read online where a few people have gone to church enfemme without incident. It seems like the only place that crossdressing is still outlawed is around our families (and perhaps only our spouses). BUT, that is an important someone!

Most of the women's stuff I'd like to wear, I do anyway (especially jeans and slacks -- I love the way women's sizes and cuts fit on me)

What I want to wear -- skirts, tights and slouchy boots

Definitely breast forms. I just don't look right without them. Second place would be purses. Actually, I'm thinking about carrying a purse all the time. Pockets are a pain.

What would I like society to accept men wearing? Colorful clothes...but honestly I don't care too much. As a guy I wear what I want, but I don't have any interest in dressing in women's clothes, either partially or completely, and presenting to society as a man.

Silver Member
    mariehart "It is possible though to wear entirely male clothes that present a feminine look. Gay guys do it all the time. I even accidentally managed it a couple of times. It's not crossdressing but close." I think them being gay is an assumption on your part or did you ask them if they are?

This here is the reason that I don't want to wear those types of men's clothes. I want to be viewed as having a feminine side not thought to be gay. Sexual orientation and gender expression are separate aspects of who we are!

Now if the OP means is asking me what I would like to be able to do publicly that would send a widely accepted message that I have a feminine side I think color on my nails and or lipstick.

I disagree with ReineD that women have the same limitation in how they express their masculine personality traits as we do with our feminine traits! The idea of a woman shopping for and wearing clothes straight from the men's aisle has been accepted for decades! I can't find the article but I recently read an article for women on how to pull off the menswear look and it said buy a men's blazer and dress it up with soft accessories and other pieces. A women does this she will not first be thought to be gay.
    Find me an article that addresses the same for a guy...Not happening!

I would have to say tops. I often find myself wearing my jeans with a cute cami or top.

I'd just like more fabulous and fanciful men's clothes. More guys should back to dressing like 16th century French nobility. Modern men's clothes are so boring.

For me, I'd say high heels. Partly because I love them, and partly because I'm short!

My vote would be for high heels.

I have to say that I agree with Cara, men's clothes and shoes are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I think there's a difference between women's and men's suits, to use your first example. I looked up pin-striped suits to show you.

Women's: http://cdnpix.com/show/imgs/ede07b65...2bedfe3eae.jpg

Men's: http://www.honeybuy.com/image/Black_...2085559888.jpg

There's a world of difference between the two, and if that female model were to walk around town wearing the suit that the male model wears, people would think she was odd. So it's not really true that women can wear men's things.
    The "Boyfriend Jacket" is a much better match.
    http://images.asos-media.com/inv/med.../image1xxl.jpg

And my ex-wife actually took ALL of my REAL boxer shorts, sewed the flies shut, and wore them out on the street.

I remember when my school allowed the students to vote in a change to the dress code, allowing the girls to wear pants. To make it palatable to the boys, they said "Girls can wear pants in the winter, and boys can wear pants in the spring". Winter passed, with 95% of the girls wearing pants almost every day, then spring came, and the few boys, including yours truly, were dragged across the pavement by their arms while face down, turning thighs and knees into hamburger, then pulled, face down, by their legs - turning chests into hamburger. The coach had promised favors and grade upgrades to any of the "Jocks" who took part in the assaults.

Four of the boys were hospitalized - after bleeding through 2 hours of classes - making an example for hundreds to see.

To your question, we've had many threads about how CDers on this site would react to wearing "man skirts". These "man skirts" take an item that has traditionally been designed for women, and adapt it to make it suitable for men by masculinizing it. (Which is the same thing as the pin-stripe suit above. They took what was originally an outfit designed for men, and they feminized it for women).
    The Scottish military kilt is a good example of this. The Dervish skirt is also a good example. Masters of Aikido and Aiki Jitsu wear skirts. If you touch the skirt with any part of your body, you will experience humiliation at minimum, pain or death in war. During WW-I the Germans would try to avoid the Scotch soldiers, because they were very good at shooting to produce maximum pain, without causing death, allowing their victims to scream for hours, hoping for rescue that would never come. Those who did try to rescue, were just added to the suffering and increased the screaming from pain. The only group more feared were the black soldiers.

When Pershing figured this out, he would have pipers and black squads make their versions of music, which could be used to concentrate German troops, making them easier to bombard.

The Dervish rite of manhood, when the boy is finally "allowed" to wear a skirt, involves spinning while members of his extended family cut his skin, often hundreds of times. Once that ritual is over, he is allowed to carry his knives on his skirt. Anyone who comes close enough to touch the skirt will leave bleeding to death slowly.

In Aiki Jitsu is the military version of Aikido, in which you don't just throw your opponent off balance, you leave him blind with dislocated shoulder, elbow, and fingers - all in one flowing dance-like move.

Note that each of these cultures are "ultra-masculine" - wearing the "Skirt" is a sign that they are man enough to wear it. A very different conversation than what CDs do.

But they do have a great idea! I'd love to have underwear that are long like some of the men's briefs. They show a feminine version in black lace, for women. This would totally eliminate panty-lines! As to the nude, comfy-looking underwear for women further down, I wouldn't wear them. They have two totally unnecessary seams in the front just to make them look like men's underwear, that might show through if I were wearing tight slacks. Who wants seams there?
    Are you talking about "boy shorts" - they are comfortable and easy to wear.

Jocky shorts are probably the grossest - essentially "training pants", for grown-ups. They have the fly to make it easier to pull out, but also to just drop back in. The thick padding in front is designed to catch the little "extra" between the prostate and the tip that comes out when tucked in. This is why most CDs will sit when dressed.

The thing to keep in mind is that men's fashions are generally "Uniforms", in some cases, down to common symbols or icons.
    The tie became popular because it could go from being decorative to being a tourniquet, pressure bandage,
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Heels, a la the ever wonderful Eddie Izzard!

A very close second for me would be acrylic nails!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    What one thing or item would you like to have mainstream society accept men wearing?

That's easy. Right from the start as a curious preteen, breasts!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    all thru the 70's and part of the 80's, i wore 2" heeled boots...(mens boots!)
    had really long & styled hair, wore bright colored satin shirts. Just like all the
    Glam rockers of the times. all my friends did too. it was the way to dress.

guys could actually be "pretty" and it was acceptable even here in the
    redneck deep south. not anymore, though....

i'd like to wear my dresses & heels out, and if there were someplace that
    was even remotely safe to do that near me, i certainly would.

Silver Member
    Having given this post more thought and if I still had a head of my own hair it would be the 80's men's perm which i so loved to get and wore till the follicle count got just too too low.

CarlaW, I do also like your idea of breast which I'm guessing would require the bra to be accepted as well, right?

But since the hair ain't growing back i'll stay with pretty nail polish and lipstick!

Silver Member
    Skirts, absolutely! Second would be high heels, but the skirt is the item I most desire to wear in either gender.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    I remember when my school allowed the students to vote in a change to the dress code, allowing the girls to wear pants. To make it palatable to the boys, they said "Girls can wear pants in the winter, and boys can wear pants in the spring". Winter passed, with 95% of the girls wearing pants almost every day, then spring came, and the few boys, including yours truly, were dragged across the pavement by their arms while face down, turning thighs and knees into hamburger, then pulled, face down, by their legs - turning chests into hamburger. The coach had promised favors and grade upgrades to any of the "Jocks" who took part in the assaults.

Four of the boys were hospitalized - after bleeding through 2 hours of classes - making an example for hundreds to see.
    Do you mean boys were allowed to wear skirts in the spring? (I'd assume pants were always required.)