Thread: Crossdressing poisoned me!

Crossdressing poisoned me!

Earlier this week I bought false nails that you stick on with glue. I figured I'd give them a trial run today, so I glued on one hands worth and painted them. After they dried, I went to take them off using nail polish remover in a facial pad, which took off all except the ring finger nail, so I poured a bit of nail polish remover in a cup and soaked the nail till it came off.

Then I realized the sink was a disaster, so I cleaned it up, cleaned up my room and hung up all my clothes. I went back to the sink to take my vitamins for the evening. I take a bunch of vitamins so I put some water in a glass and drank it...

the same glass with the nail polish remover.

It caught me by surprise and I didn't spit it out. Luckily it wasn't a lot, so I just drank a lot of water and it'll pass through my system.

Be careful girls, crossdressing can poison you if you don't pay attention!

Maybe should have had a glass of wine in a wine glass and then there would have been no complications! I hope all "passes" well. Nice meeting you, and please return soon.

I hope you won't get I'll from it. Nail polish remover is really something that should be digested.
    do not label me for i am unique

Ew. How do you feel? Is that what the label said to do in case of ingestion, drink lots of water?

Hope all is well!

National poison control 1800 222 1 222. Tell them how much you've taken and they will help you. For everyone else, tape this number on a label or something somewhere handy in your house. I keep it written on my kitchen cabinet door where the cleaning chemicals are stored. I also have it programmed into my cell phone under 'poison'. They are helpful for all kinds of substance exposures including potential overdoses of various drugs/medications, and can tell you when you need to go to the hospital for more help.

Call now. It's free.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jennifer I have to admit I didn't think the story would got that way. I hope you are feeling better. You may want to eat some plain pro-biotic yogurt as well to help replenish some of the good bacteria in your stomach.

Hugs

Isha

Acetone will dry you out. I figure the best thing to do is drink plenty of water for a few days to neutralize it and dilute it. If you do that again you should have a designated container Hon. We learned the importance of that in HS chemistry class. We learned this jingle: "Little Willie was a chemist, Little Willie is no more. What Willie thought was H2O was H2SO4."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Acetone is one of the lesser nasty solvents, actually. Not that I encourage ingestion or absorption by skin. The information on Wikipedia regarding ingestion appears to be correct as I remember it, so I'd start there.

Personally, I've never ingested it, though I've used a dab to remove the "outlast" brand lipstick, when i ran out of other options. Rinsed my mouth well & brushed my teeth twice.

I'm sure I absorb acetone via skin when i clean my nails, I do this 3-4 times a week on average, but never notice adverse effects. Do drink plenty of fluids, a well hydrated body seems to flush out nasty stuff a little easier- plus, it's more diluted in your bladder, if any gets through metabolized.

Let us know what happens!

Using neat alcohol as model paint stripper has the same effect.

What a boost!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Don't sweat it Jennifer. My son (who was three at the time) sprayed Shout stain remover in my drink once, and I had a couple sips before I knew something was wrong. The lady at Poison Control laughed at me when I told her what happened.... I'm worried I'm gonna die, she's laughing at me. Turns out Shout is not toxic.

Reality Check
    I make a special effort not to mix kitchen and shop containers for this very reason. Once something from the kitchen goes to the shop, it stays there.

I'm glad you're OK.

not to worry...... just a blonde ...moment.................................Debra

I find it helpful to use a small clear glass and put a dab of polish on the bottom. That way I know it's only used for my nails.

Nothing wrong with blonde moments... Probably best not to repeat too often though...

I'm sure you'll be fine.. plenty of water and I understand that something from northern France, slightly effervescent and naturally fermented works wonders if consumed copiously...

Let us know what happens.... if you can still type and focus on a tablet screen in the days to come...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I woke up this morning just fine. Have been drinking lots of water and I don't feel sick. Poison control said not to worry since it was a very small amount (less than a thimble).

I don't think crossdressing nearly poised you I think it was just absentmindedness that almost poised you!

Is absentmindedness a word even!

lol!

Seriously I am glad you are OK darling!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I knew there were risks with being transgendered, but this is something I never even thought of!

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenn, That ranks right up therewith syphoning gasoline with a piece garden hose.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!