Thread: Trans-cendence

Trans-cendence

My wife, kids, and I went to a support group for the first time this last Tuesday. It seemed to be populated with good people, and we really liked the meeting format. They started everyone together and had a speaker, then split the friends and family off.

http://www.dfwtranscendence.com/

We'll definitely be going back.
    Call me Ginger Jameson - Jenna's younger, cockier sister

Platinum Member
    That's something I had not heard of before. Very cool.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Neither had we. There's a PFLAG group nearby also, but the idea of being together as a group then splitting up afterwards for more talk was very appealing. It worked out very well in practice, too.

It was a very dark discussion. In honor of the Transgender Day of Remembrance one of the ladies recounted her tale of just barely surviving an attack and we talked a lot about how to be safe. I think they were worried we'd be scared off, because several times we were reassured that they're not usually this dark. No need to have worried though, we're not a family that hides from the necessary discussions.
    Call me Ginger Jameson - Jenna's younger, cockier sister

Back in the 1980's, i went to Adult Children of Alcoholics, and Other Dysfunctional Families groups, in the Seattle area, and several did that. Split off into four other rooms, with differing topics. Sadly, most groups dwindled, and fizzled out, and there are not many ACA groups around, now. They are needed more than ever!! In the midwest here, mainly only AA, and Alanon left, and few if any for dressers or Tg, unless in big cities. Nothing in small towns.