Thread: Well I won't be dressing for awhile.

Well I won't be dressing for awhile.

I well have surgery tomorrow on my shoulder. I can't zip up a dress or skirt. Can't put my arm over my head to slip on a dress or top. Can't hook a bra and pull it up. So I told the Doc to operate so I could use my arm again. He thinks in 8 weeks I should be able to do some of the things I use to.
    I had just bought a sweater dress for the winter and can't get it on.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Hope your surgery goes well. You will be amazed at the difference om 7 weeks. Therapy will be hell but it is worth it

I hope everything goes well. At least you will be able to use your arm again. I would imagine the physical therapy is going to be a real pain..........................

Had left shoulder surgery in feb. It took 3 months of therapy before I could pull anything over my head, Have lost about 15% of my motion, Doctor said it will probably be permanent. Already had surgery on my right wrist and it is fused solid. Need the wifes help with anything that zips up the back, but no trouble with side zips. Was a good excuse to go shopping for new dresses.

Uh,
    Women have surgery all the time and manage to dress themselves.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Good luck with surgery , and hurry back

Lemme guess. Torn rotator cuff? Did it twice! Anyway, good luck.

Platinum Member
    Hi Glenda, Just be careful and don't rush things take your time so everything heals ok.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Have had both rotator cuffs done, 6 years apart. First, it is absolutely worth it. Second, do NOT do any less than everything they throw at you in physical therapy. I've regained full motion on both sides, and am still working to rebuild strength on the right shoulder (surgery last year).

As soon as the stitches came out, I found a way to get a bra and light weight forms on. You need to go easy on yourself with dresses, etc., as anything requiring contortions needs to wait a bit.

Most important, use the pain medicine as directed in the weeks following surgery. Don't wait until the pain is unbearable, as it is MUCH harder to get it back under control than to just keep it under control.

Good luck.
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Good luck, and Ronda's right, the nurses at my hospital will tell you pain slows down recovery, stay ahead of it with the meds, after all if you want to get back in a dress you don't need to act all macho with the pain!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Momarie might just give some tips on dressing after your operation. I would love to hear those in case I ever need to have a repair done. Good luck with the operation and recovery.

Just think....
    Now you will have something to look forward to.

Glenda,
    Think positive.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    HI Glenda,

Good luck on your surgery and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Hugs

Isha

Oh well better go and play the slots, that only needs one arm.
    Luv
    Amanda

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Momarie View Post
    Uh,
    Haha, even though it sounds kind of smart alecky, Momarie may be onto something. What are you wearing now? Im guessing pants and button front shirts? Well, could you wear skirts that you can step into and pull up, and ladies button front shirts? No bra, or experiment with front closure bras?
    Last edited by Andy66; 11-10-2014 at 06:51 AM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Momarie View Post
    Uh,
    That's the spirit! Broken leg Naomi/Kate/Cara? Get back on that catwalk this instant and stop moaning, do.

How is it going Glenda?
    I know what you are, and will be going through, as I had rotator cuff and bicep repair a year ago. I hoped that the experience and the time away from dressing would curb the need. Nope, two months later I was well medicated and struggling to put on a bra one handed. If anyone had seen it they would have fallen down laughing. (The old Tim Conway as an amateur dentist skit comes to mind.)

KEEP THAT THING ICED
    FOLLOW ORDERS
    MEDICATE WELL BEFORE PT

I'll send you an occasional PM dear.

Best wishes
    MsVal

girl, I had surgery on my back on July 10th and one of the bolts came loose and broke the fussion so I will be having surgery again on November the 13 so I know what you are going through, but that has not stopped me, it has just slowed me down. Good luck girl we are all standing be hind you.

I too know what you are going through and I can surely sympathize. I am still post-op re-habbing from having major joint replacement surgery back at the end of August. I am getting near the end of my PT re-hab, but I have not dressed since early August, and right now I am just another hairy guy. I am hoping to be released form PT at the end of the month, and then back to being a girl once again! Good Luck with your surgery and hope all goes well with it.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I just love having fun!!
    I have read a few posts about people who cannot dress for a bit for one reason or another. Try not to get too down about it. If you are sexy as sexy and fem as your wildest dreams, or if you are just wearing a pair of track pants and a t shirt, it is the heart of the person that counts. I am pretty new to the scene but have come to realize that CDs are some of the most beautiful people in the world. That comes from the heart, not the clothes. Use the time to rest and be a human for a bit, forgetting about fem things or masculine things. Just be.

Best of luck, Hon. I know that it's hard to give up dressing for a long while. I've been there and done it, but soon you will be strong enough to manage all of the dressing details.