Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where all the young CDers at!

Looking back over my life I think I would have been less active in my teenage years and early twenties as so much was going on in life at that age. On the other hand that is precisely the age at which I may have benefitted from the experience of the more "experienced" members of this site.

Well, I started looking more into CDing after lurking 4chan for a while and seeing CD threads there (which surprisingly have some constructive posts if one can filter out all the rest).

Hey! I'm only 86. That,s pretty young isn't it?

Vieja

Julie Ma'am!
    27 here ^.^

I used to be young, but I can't remember when that was
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

I'm 25, and while i do love this forum, i do have to agree that many of the topics i find it hard to relate to. I don't have to hide my cding from my SO, i go out frequently dressed up, have no problem shopping, and am not confused by dressing up.

One thing your post does illustrate is how the times are a'changin.

The internet, attitudes and tchnology also.

The younger CDers are here and there used to be a group for under 35's to hang out there.
    Maybe it still is.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I had zero communication with other CDs until I got my first phone modem. That was around 1996 and I was already in my 40s. Oh, and SO/wife threads aren't of much interest to me either. That would change if I ever get into another relationship.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Another "young" girl here (i'm 27). Our "inactivity" has to do mainly with the age gaps and issues that pertain certain generations we can't completely relate to. I mean, in some cases not even "clothing chat" can get us closer. Either way, I'm sometimes more inclined to learn from others and take advice when it applies. What I love about this forum though is the level of intimacy one can achieve with other members no matter the age. I have had chats with some members here about their lives experiences that have helped me grow in aspects beyond crossdressing.

While the reddit/tumblr communities might offer a more "younger" perspective, it seems to be usually affected by the "teenage" personalities.. It feels kinda more superficial and less intimate. More about instant gratification instead of a learning experience. I must admit though that I haven't really dwelved much through those sites so I could be totally wrong.

Hey! I agree that there exists a difference intrests and experiences resulting from age. But at least in my case, I don't have a whole lot to say. I do read the forum weekly though, and it has had a supreamly positive effect on me. It's nice knowing your not alone, and that if I have a question, or experience I have people to share it with.

People continually think I'm in my mid 20's, does that count?

(actually.. I'm older than that.... pm if you want to hazard a guess

My belief is that the younger people aren't posting as much in traditional message boards because really, many people in their teens/20's don't really have a problem with non-traditional lifestyles, in most places & situations (at least here in the usa... I'm not so sure about other more conservative countries.) so they can openly be themselves on the various social media sites, without too many worries or problems, except from the haters, but those can be dealt with if one has a strong enough support network
    My YT randomness - http://www.youtube.com/user/thelynnef1 (closed, please use twitter - http://twitter.com/Lynne__f

It could be that many of the young generation are more with the cross dressing aspect. From what I have seen and heard, many GGs in their teens and early 20s want to Girlyfi their boyfriends. Perhaps that is what society is like nowadays. Not like when many of us were starting out in the 50s/60s and 70s. I was kept very quiet then.
    Julie.

Banned Read only
    The world would not be safe if I were 20 years old again. It barely survived the first time!

I like to think i post fairly regularly and im 20, turning 21 in a month

I'm 42 and...!

22 here on flickr mainly,but are good few young ones here

At 31, I'm also classed as old on here. Mmm, depressing.

I'm in my early, early 20s. I don't post much here too much because I am less serious about my dressing than most people on these forums. Every once in a while there will be something I can contribute on, or I will have an opportunity to dress (but that happens rarely).

It is still nice to browse these forums, seeing people do an activity I also enjoy and generally having a good time. It is nice and refreshing.

I am 27, hope that can still be considered "young"

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    I'm 28 xxx
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

I'm 28 too!
    - Bonnie

28 here as well. Look we started club!!

Curious Member GenderCurious Andrea's Avatar
    I'm 26 I wish I could be more regular on the forum, but things have been crazy at work, school and at home. It is nice to chat with girls my age though hope to get to know everyone better...

I have been inactive for a while. It has been complicated. But I am hoping I can be a bit more active now. 28 here, but I have been a member here for quite some time.