Thread: Embarrisment , are you really.

Embarrisment , are you really.

Hi,

Embarrassment of your self because you dont look quite right or your different and you know with out a doubt you are looked at no matter where you go , or how your dressed , even if those clothes are feminine and lovely and look smart even with a little adorn ment nothing over the top just to.......

......feel you are quite normal ....( my self ) .as a female

or the male dressed up in your neat smart clothes.

......know you are really quite normal yet just that bit different ,

What do you do to compensate this, hide behind the camera ( mine , ) or you talk a lot ( I do ) and you interact with people a lot as covering up that part of you that bugs you . or, you hide behind your wig or makeup , ( I dont ),

What do you do to over ride that, look , part of, or voice even, mannerisims

what is there about you that you have to work through ,

Now this can be in two parts or three even you as a normal male or those of us females, .> or as a dresser or a bit of both .

I try and most times it works i preempt how a person see,s or accepts who i am , so i express myself more so than many people in how they interact with others, in that first meeting ,

For my many friends they just accept me as i am and they know im very expressive,

Any way just a thought and ? or two ,

...noeleena...

Banned Read only
    I've found one of the few benefits of ageing is just being happy with myself. I look in the mirrror, I see the woman I've longed to be all my life. The nightmare of pretending to be a man is gone.

I find it most easy to simply hide behind my male facade, noeleena...

But that's not really hiding for me - it's more the feminine side would be about revealing that facet, rather than hiding anything else...

I'd have to get out a lot more to really understand whether I'd be greatly embarrassed - I don't believe I am or would be, and that is the best thing about going out and developing even a little confidence...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Noeleena,

I guess it depends on which gender I am presenting. When I am male me I don't normally hide . . . not that I think I am awesome or anything I just prefer to be in people's space and interacting up close and personal. When I am "girl me" I tend to be a bit more shy around others so I will interact when the opportunity presents itself (e.g., table conversation) but I am not as "up close and personal" as when I am boy me.

Hugs

Isha

Dear Noeleena,
    I seem to be going through a moment where I feel SO confident that I could just show the world the Christen side of me and not be bothered about how others feel. If they are embarrassed, that's unfortunate for them. If they are angry, that's something they'll have to deal with.
    Mind you I care and am sensitive to the needs of others, more so those close to me.
    Love your thoughts,
    Christen x
    Last edited by Katey888; 11-08-2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Language, please...
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Great thread, Noeleena! I have not been out in over a year, but when i did go out, i was immediately read as a manm dressed up as a woman. Six feet ten in 4" heels. I felt embarrassment some, and ignored the laughing, and pointing.

I'm not shy in either mode, I am a blabbermouth. I have never had a bad reaction with strangers and I've been careful with who I tell. I can't control what strangers feel and I doubt that I'll ever see them again so who cares.
    One incident that I remember, I was dressed and walking into a diner, I thought that I was nailing it that day, hair makeup dress etc. An older gent held the door open for me and then says "After you Sir". I just smiled at him, thanked him and said "How chivalrous of you". On one level I was cool with it, but I kinda felt bad that I guess I really didn't nail the look, especially from an old timer. I survived though.

I find that I am not easily embarrassed. I feel confident and comfortable as Erin. Maybe just me being naive, but I don't apologize for being out and about as my true self. I interact with people as I would any other time. But I am a bit of a paradox as I am not out with my family (just my SO, and we all know how that is going), so not quite sure about my confidence and embarrassment around that. But I think it is more fear than embarrassment.

The journey continues, now if I could get my friggin' GPS to work to show me that way, that would be awesome !!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Not sure I get embarrassed because of my appearance ever

Noleena,
    I use my lack of slick appearance to advantage.
    Being a little outgoing I talk to people at the drop of a hat.
    Even policemen and women.
    They are surprised that someone will voluntarily talk with them in some places.

Chicago is one of those cities, I don't think they know how to communicate in New York.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe what u mean is "passing", Noeleena? Life is so easy for those that can regularly. Otherwise, girls here talk about being "confident".

But, I have a mirror. I don't enjoy looking like a, "man in a dress", at home or out. So, I only go out dressed to meet my T friends. I've gotten more relaxed the more I go out. But, I will never feel confident out there. Knowing how the vanillas make me!

So, I tend to avoid conversations and ignore the comments I hear as I walk by.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am the opposite of Isha. I am more outgoing when out as Richelle. But, no matter how I am dress, I am not embarrassed, I am very comfortable with who I am.

Richelle

Hi..

Thank you all for your reply.s That was lovely .

...noeleena...

Hiya, When I am out as Julie, I do feel as if I was meant to be out in the world. Getting dressed ...from bath to going out of the door to me seems the most natural thing for me to do. I do not get embarrased in the least. It is just as though I was meant to be a woman, which is I suppose is how we all look at ourselves. Being able to pass ourselves of as a member of the opposite sex is what we all strive for. Some of us are able to...others find it a bit more difficult. But we do our best.

Julie.