Thread: Has this happened to you?

Has this happened to you?

I mentioned recently that I was ma'amed a couple of times while out with my wife. Well, it happened a couple more times yesterday. Both times I was in drab...lol...just like before. I think it is just my hair, which is getting quite long now. My wife disagrees and says I am more female in appearance now than I know.That would be nice as I would love to one day be accepted for myself without wig and with only minimal makeup. but I am guessing the truth is in between. You can decide that yourself from the pic I posted. Im too much of a pessimist to put much stock in that happening, and feel I will always need the extra trappings...wig, makeup, dress. But when people do see me as female now I confess it brings me great joy.
    On another subject...friends finally convinced me to start a Facebook page. Yesterday, after a day with a page, I got a friend request from a girl, Amy, that I did not know but who was friends with three other friends. Ok, so, what the heck...I accepted her.
    I immediately received an instant message, which in broken English coneyed that "Amy was actually a male in Tel Aviv, and asking if...."you want make marriage with me?"

My friend Donna suggested I should have accepted and asked for a plane ticket and $30000 travel money by paypal. But I simply blocked poor "Amy" My wife and I were laughing about this for a long time.
    Still, as things go, it was a decent day. Getting ma'amed and then a marriage proposal may not be as much fun as going dancing or as meaningful as other stuff, but for a quiet Saturday, I'll take it.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sammie,

LOL . . . ma'amed and a marriage proposal . . . I think you will be fine going out with minimal make-up, no wig and just being Samantha . I truly believe we are our own worst critics when it comes to how we look and present. I always concede that I will get read each time I go out but my wife and several GG friends say that is not actually the case and it is plausible that many only see an older woman when I am out (bless them for being so nice). I have looked at the picture you posted and I truly believe with your longer hair (coiffed in femme style, minimal make-up and girl clothes people will see a woman . . . don't be so hard on yourself sweetie.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Samantha,
    I guess just enjoy what you have and be more confident with a natural look obviously people are OK with it !

Looks like your off to a Kibbutz and you were trying to get away from slave labour !!

Am I right in thinking that Facebook has all rights to any entries and can use pictures as they choose also you cannot remove or delete personal details ? The forum is the only online facility I choose to use but then we can't delete our membership, as far as I know !

Teresa, I don't know the exact details about what FB can and cannot do with postings. I know you can delete some things, but, really, on the net, once you post anything anywhere you lose control of it. I am afraid I have stopped caring. I'm now on about six different tg sites, so its only a matter of time before somehow I am outed, but honestly I just dont really care anymore. This is who I am.

Now, didn't that just make you day, hon?

It's about normal for people to be their own worst critic. In that context, you are normal.

I think "the woman in you" is now "the woman you", and it is obvious. You have not only the presentation, but the heart of a woman.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Banned Read only
    Samantha, In that case you have fame forever ! Until all the hard drives fail !!

Platinum Member
    Facebook, be careful what you wish for !
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The first one happens frequently with my hooded coat and boots.
    Face book???
    What's that??????
    And I will keep it that way.
    It is too intrusive.
    Iam not really happy about having a gmail account.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am sad to admit that Tel Aviv is the "Spam" capitol of the world! The marriage proposal was not even for real. My Israel ISP often gets blocked by other servers geographical spam blockers. By the way, I really enjoy your posts.
    Last edited by Dorit; 11-09-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Oh, I never thought it was, Devorah...lol...I just thought it was funny. Oh, and thanks!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Samantha, too bad you didn't take him up on the proposal. Have you ever been to a Jewish wedding? They're wonderful!

Mazel Tov!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Yes a couple of them, Carla, and you are right. They are lots of fun. :-)
    Of course, my wife is Greek...have I said enough in the area of fun weddings? Lol

Platinum Member
    So you not want make marriage....cannot we still make friends?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Actually Tel Aviv is very LGBT friendly. We don't live there, but my wife and I are considering trying our first outing as "sisters" in that city. Maybe we could check out your suitor for you?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ha ha.....yea stay away from anything on facebook from weird countries.......thats like opening a can of worms.

Sometimes I let them go for awhile before blocking them just to see what they say. I've heard where some scam artists will string you along for a year or so before asking for money. I usually do a search on them to see if what they claim is legit. It usually isn't an no such person exists. Amazing how some people scam others for a living with no conscience whatsoever.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning