Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decision making when dressed

Decision making when dressed

I used to get a bit irritated by past GF's when we were going out. I'd get showered and dressed, pulling something out of the closet that was clean and hey presto, I was ready, 10 mins tops. GF's were still trying stuff on and not knowing what to wear an hour later.
    When I am in male mode, I can make quick decisions on clothes without any problem but since I've started dressing, I can't make a decision to save my life. When I have a day to myself, I have to start planning a few days before or I would be in the bedroom for hours....!!
    Amazing how the mind changes when the alter ego comes out. Anyone else suffer with this?

I too find it harder to pick out something to wear now. Never had that problem before. Maybe its just because we have more choices.

I have found when in male mode just put on shirt, trousers and shoes and you are ready, not even having a shave.
    But when you are in fem mode or a GG then there is so much more choice and a girl just wants to look her best for you or others around her and this can't be done in the click of the fingers.
    Just think how long it takes you to look your best when dressing en fem and you will understand.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Absolutely! I'm much more patient with the wife than I used to be before I started dressing. In fact, I ask to see and offer opinions.

Now that I think about it, I haven't heard, "You're no help!" in a long time!

This is so true. It blows me away sometimes , just how different my mindset an be. As guy me no probs, throw on what's nearest, don't fuss with coordinates, shave? Well if I have to. Even if going out I try to look smart but not girl smart.
    Argh! But when it's time to frock up there's planning and strategy for a full frontal assault on the bathroom then the battle moves to the wardrobe where under garments are pitched against dresses, skirts and tops for total domination. Finally the heavy artillery are brought in, shoes selected and the battle is won, until you realise that the earrings don't quite work with the outfit and the sniper has infiltrated behind your lines and unless neutralised unleashes the potential for a change of outfit unless suitable earrings are found. But "oh these are too cute"
    Guy mode much simpler but not as much FUN!
    Luv
    A slightly disturbed Amanda

I think it's mostly because when dressing en femme we have more choices and options.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 11-11-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Nacracat, I know the feeling, It's 07:30 and I'm already in my third outfit this morning.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    I think we can understand why it takes so long when we have so many problems with makeup and then a last check in the mirror, then another one ! Fiddle with a bra strap pull your skirt straight check the hemline ! Not a ladder in your stockings !!

Reality Check
    Not really. We do have to make more choices such as which blouse goes with which skirt, what jewelry coes with the outfit and whay shoes and purse. And of course what bra to wear with the blouse.

I'll pick out a color, put on the bra (and forms) and panties, pickout the blouse and put it on, then pick out a skirt to go with it. Or vice versa. Then jewelry, shoes and purse.

Some days I'll play "dress up", other days casual.

If you think in ensembles rather than individual clothing items the choices seem easier. Each "look" requires certain things and given some variations even they can be included as "sub" choices easily. By making many different individual choices one can end up looking bizarrely askew. Requiring adjustment and redressing. Then again if the "redressing" is the ultimate goal then don't worry about it just enjoy the on/off of clothes.

But even "play clothes" can be put into ensembles and while the requirements may be less restrictive the difficulty of making choices is more relaxed.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

In "every day" male mode I am likely to grab something that I recently wore. I am en femme most days and even if I am home alone on a given day, I rarely wear the same outfit two days in a row. If I am going out I carefully choose what I think will look good and be appropriate for the weather and where I am going.
    Hugs, Carole

One of my GG friends said she always had trouble figuring out what to wear with what so she got her niece, a style maven, to spend a day with her going through her wardrobe, having her try on stuff, and deciding what worked with what. When they found a winning outfit they photographed it and now she has an idea book of pictures to work from. Could work for us too.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nacracat View Post
    Anyone else suffer with this?
    Actually no! I've always dithered over choosing what to wear when going out, unless it's straight work clothes (I'm a typical builder, as you can see from my avatar) which I leave where I step out of them for some number of days until finally putting them in the wash.

I'm a guy who can take 45 minutes deciding on a shirt, never mind the rest of it- and I love it.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Options, lol. There's only so many ways tob wear a Polo shirt and khakis. Our pants are so boring we actually call them by the name of the one color they come in, ROFL. :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Guilty. When I know I have a day coming up to dress, I start going over the available options. When the day arrives, I am still going over the available options.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Yes. Damn it.
    Not only is selecting what to wear in FEM mode difficult
    but now I also fret about male mode sometimes.

If I had the opportunity to go out more often it might be a problem. However, around the house I don't feel too much pressure!

I agree with what MonctonGirl said. I have become so aware from dressing in female clothing, that things should match. Now, I have become more aware that male clothing should also match. Before, in male mode I just wore whatever was clean and fit when I put it on. Life is grand and you gg's have made my life much better.

Hey This is no longer a problem for myself. I have already figured out my outfit on laundry day. I will put my pink top with my black skirt. Or greenish top with green slacks. Even more I still might not wear those outfits together. Their may be a different top I didn't wear yesterday. I love this life so much I am happy to make the daily choices. I think that no matter what every choice is great just something different might look better. It is just too much fun putting things together. Yes sure there are many choices and all could be welcome. I never liked all the drab mode choices, I quickly gave them all away so I wouldn't have to. I think it might just be joy in the hunt. Just like difference in colors, textures, sizes and all. What about this ? Would you wear anything in male mode with a pair of jeans?

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Heck, I have had trouble deciding which guy items to wear, or match, too, in guy mode, let alone in lady mode. I just thought, that what might help me, the very few times i get to dress anymore, is to put all the matching skirts, tops, hose and shoes, sweaters, coats together next to each other, in different groupings, so it will be less trouble to decide what matches. I have not been up to dressing for a month , though, because of having to care for my toxic mean father again.

I don't believe "suffer" applies...lol.
    Yes, I go through that, but I surely don't feel I'm suffering...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I cannot state that I suffer from this affliction. I don't dress as often as I'd like, so when I do, I normally have been thinking about what I'm going to wear for a few day. Also, I tends to wear dresses which reduces the amount of choices in an ensemble.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I feel your pain, Cat! I often start planning for a complex dressing session weeks in advance. Which should include a complete "dress rehearsal"!

Whenever I haven't done my advance planning properly? I either ended up with something that didn't work or look rite!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I think I spend about as much time thinking about it as a guy and a girl. Mind you I've only recently come out to my wife so the the other side of my wardrobe is still very thin. I expect that will change very shortly though

I hear ya. It's easier to look in the closet and decide what not to wear. Slowly narrow it down, then start over lol. Even older skirts from GW look great compared to my male wardrobe!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder