Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Songs that strike a chord...

for me it's Coldplay's "The hardest part"
    Not that it's a girl infused song but because the line that states "the hardest part is letting go not taking part" to me speaks about giving up what you love. In this instance the inner turmoil we may feel about our cross dressing and who we are becomes calmed when we come out and accept ourselves by actively 'taking part' . When we deprive ourselves or are prevented from doing what we love the realisation that ' letting go' is actually much harder than accepting ourselves.

This has been my experience anyway. This song has had me sobbing my heart out, I'm not ashamed to admit.
    I should add that the whole song resonates with me, have a listen to it and you may know what I mean.
    Luv
    Amanda
    Last edited by Amanda L.; 11-19-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Clarification

I have stories on this, me being a musician and all...

I wrote and recorded a concept album about my struggles with my identity and the various stages of that struggle (personifying them as three individuals - Amber, Christine, and the Cold Man). I wasn't as talented of an musician then as I am now, but I am very proud of the compositions and lyrics that I produced. This thread makes me think about my own music

Also, I saw someone say "I Kissed a Girl." I performed this song with my current group at a show while completely dressed with my wife in the audience. At one point before the last chorus, I jumped off stage and gave my wife a huuuuge kiss. She and the audience ate it up!

Other than these memories though, another song that comes to mind is Green Day's "King For a Day."

This song, "In the living years" by Mike and the Mechanics has always resonated with me and up to now it's always been as part of my drab life. Having revisited the lyrics I've realised that elements of it echo into a longing to how been more open about the person I am. The lines however

I wasn't there that morning
    When my Father passed away
    I didn't get to tell him
    All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
    Later that same year
    I'm sure I heard his echo
    In my baby's new born tears
    I just wish I could have told him in the living years

If that comes on the radio when I'm driving it's all I can do to see where I'm going for the emotion that wells up inside me.

As for words that apply to our CD'ing

So don't yield to the fortunes
    You sometimes see as fate
    It may have a new perspective
    On a different date
    And if you don't give up, and don't give in
    You may just be O.K.

Say it loud, say it clear
    You can listen as well as you hear
    It's too late when we die
    To admit we don't see eye to eye
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

That would be Linda Ronstadt's 'Different Drum'. I'm pretty sure it was written by Mike Nesmith, of Monkees fame.
    But to me, it always felt like the tale of two very different people, who didn't know just how different they were, or why, but one of them (me) could see that they would never be together because of one of those differences. And, looking back on my life, just as I guess that somehow I knew, every time, that every relationship I had, was doomed from the start, because I walked to the beat of a different drum than the girl thought that I did.
    The lyrics, as best as I can remember them:

You and I travel to the beat of a different drum
    Oh can't you tell by the way I run
    Every time you make eyes at me
    Wo-oh

You cry and moan and say it will work out
    But honey child I've got my doubts
    You can't see the forest for the trees

Oh don't get me wrong
    It's not that I knock it
    It's just that I am not in the market
    For a boy who wants to love only me

Yes, and I ain't saying you ain't pretty
    All I'm saying is I'm not ready
    For any person place or thing
    Try and pull the reins in on me

So good-bye I'll be leaving
    I see no sense in this crying and grieving
    We'll both live a lot longer
    If you live without me

Oh don't get me wrong
    It's not that I knock it
    It's just that I am not in the market
    For a boy who wants to love only me

Yes, and I ain't saying you ain't pretty
    All I'm saying, I'm not ready
    For any person place or thing
    To try and pull the reins in on me

So good-bye I'll be leaving
    I see no sense in this crying and grieving
    We'll both live a lot longer
    If you live without me

If you'd like to listen, Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVvRImExKc
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-20-2014 at 02:31 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda L. View Post
    for me it's Coldplay's "The hardest part".....

This song has had me sobbing my heart out, I'm not ashamed to admit.
    I should add that the whole song resonates with me, have a listen to it and you may know what I mean.
    I'm hearing you GF.... This song is growing on me as well... I have more of the opposite reaction, it can really cheer me up as it reminds me of the goods we had!!! It's still your ring tone!

As for me, Shania Twains, 'Man I feel like a woman', is what sounds on my phone for everyone else, starting with, ''I wanna be free to feel the way I feel...' No room for confusion there, it's pretty much true for me.

I'm am, however, a tragic Carpenters fan....

Hugs,

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar

My Theme Song

Girls can wear jeans
    And cut their hair short
    Wear shirts and boots
    'Cause it's OK to be a boy
    But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading
    'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading
    But secretly you'd love to know what it's like
    Wouldn't you
    What it feels like for a girl

Its on my ipod for my runs on the treadmill xoxo

"Heart of Glass" by Blondie and "When You Walk in the Room by Karla Bonoff

Don't ask me why...but when I hear either of those songs I want to dress!
    HUGS

A song by "Crash Vegas" called "Bury Her".... "If I could bury her with my two hands, it would be so much easier if I could bury her away..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4XVaOQxtE
    This does it for me! Song that gave me my name

hi, im a hard rock person 60s and 70s eric clapton and cream,songs like ,drivin in my car, smoking big cigars, only time im happy when i play my guitar.i just love hard rock and blues no matter how im dressed.hugs love lynda

Well, I can't say this is positive for crossdressers but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWbKzkw3ssg

From wikipedia: The song's title character is a transvestite whose primary pastime is stealing women's clothes and undergarments from washing lines. According to Roger Waters, "Arnold Layne" was actually based on a real person: "Both my mother and Syd's mother had students as lodgers because there was a girls' college up the road so there were constantly great lines of bras and knickers on our washing lines and 'Arnold' or whoever he was, had bits off our washing lines."

So advice for any crossdressers: No matter how cute, no stealing!

Just a Cross Dresser Kacey Black.'s Avatar
    All great songs listed here. I have a few that I personally love. Ray of light - Madonna, hot n cold - katy perry.... and I know it's weird, but "our lips are sealed - the go go's."

My favorite

Susan Vega, as girls go

youtube.com/watch?v=-ea6CuN59EU&spfreload=10
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

Sheryl Crow - If it makes you happy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyihQtBes1I

To me, this song has always been about dressing - well the chorus anyway and certainly the overall feel of the song. i know it probably is about sonething else all together (drug addiction?) but its always resonated with me and made me think and inspired me. Sometimes i make things more difficult than they need to be I think.

Do you have songs that speak to you about your dressing? If so love to hear about

Jari

The song "I hope you dance" really touches me. The fear of rejection has made me live very timidly and unauthentic. I feel like I've missed so much by living a lie for so long and wish I could have had the courage be myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go) by Garbage. Cranked it up in the car today on my way home from work.

Melody
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss