Thread: I think this goes here

I think this goes here

but Mods - Feel free to move it

Howz your memory?

Mines awful ... just awful.

So back in the day when I started on T-blockers (spiro) and I had to take it twice daily, it was a problem.
    Firstly, because on occasion I would forget to take a dose, but more often (and annoyingly) I would take the required dose, but then 3 or so hours later not be able to remember ...
    did I take it? ... or did I forget (again)?

So I started writing things down

A reminder for each day of what and when I should take it

and after doing what was required I ticked it off the list.

Simple but effective answer to having a bad memory.

Then I added Estrogen into the mix ... continued writing everything down and all was well.

then ... cos I have masochistic tendencies I wrote a very 'Quick & Dirty' computer program to print stuff off every week.

( Back in the 80's I used to spend hours and hours writing in Pascal ... MS-Dos 3.3 (I submit the best Dos EVER released and Borlands Turbo Pascal V.4 ... Oh ... them was the days ;-)

But I'm not a complete dinosaur so my Q & D Program was written in Vis Bas.

Everything worked fine.

Go me!

Fast Forward to the GIC (leeds) and the Doc changed the Oral estro to Patches (every 4 days)

No problem

just modify the code and 'Robert was your Mothers Brother'.

easy!

Then I resolved to learn a new Language ... my choice? C# ... with DotNet ...

Now, I dont know about you, but I learn things much better If I 'Do' something rather then just 'Reading' about something ... So what to do?

I needed a project ...

and that dear reader brings me to the point of this long and rambling missive...

I wrote DaHRTs (Dilation and HRT scheduler)

If you want to just read the online Help files ...

http://www.julix.co.uk/dahrts/Default.aspx

if you want to give it a try

http://www.julix.co.uk/dl.aspx

Comments are welcome but please bear in mind that it was written for Fun as a Learning exercise.

Most people dont need something like this ... me? ... really, my memory is THAT bad ...

Last edited by JulieFromYork; 11-11-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Mi spilling iz orfull

Looks interesting. Any plan for an Android version? I think a mobile app is more likely useful as a reminder tool than having a computer on all day long.

why don't you just buy a pill container with the days of the week on it? Mine has am and pm compartments, and all you have to do is fill it once a week.
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Thomas View Post
    Looks interesting. Any plan for an Android version? I think a mobile app is more likely useful as a reminder tool than having a computer on all day long.
    It was part of the original spec that I drew up.

But I decided not too because its relatively simple to set up repeated events on a smart phone using the Calendar function.

(And to be honest I put in the Computer Reminder function cos it was simple to do ... I was concentrating on the Diary Bit really ... which works nicely for me)