Thread: Light Reading for Us

Light Reading for Us

For much of my life in the legal profession, my reading was pretty heavy, supplemented by biographies and books of history ranging from the Roman Empire to the WWI and WWII era. Recently, I rediscovered an old novel by Thomas Berger, "The Regiment of Women" that was very interesting, but ultimately disappointing. It posits a world where women rule, wear the trousers, and oppress men who have to wear skirts and hose. The book was out of print but is now available at Amazon. I have also started to enjoy easy literature written by HW Coyle and Tanya Allan. Both of those authors follow a pattern of placing a TG person in WWI or WWII. The books are well-researched and written. Coyle also wrote a trilogy starting with "Tips" that was also well-written and set in the Midwest and several others that are set in other historical periods. A number of these books do explore the anguish many of us experience as a result of GID. The books by HW Coyle and Tanya Allan are not erotic, by the way.

Anyway, as there was a thread started recently that asked about popular songs that would appeal to us; I was wondering whether some of you may have found interesting TG/TS-themed books whose titles you would like to share with the rest of us.
    Last edited by Jeninus; 11-25-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

One of my favourites has been "The Well of Loneliness", about two new Zealand girls ostracized in the late fifties for murdering one of their mothers.
    It was a sad story and shows what attitudes ruled at that time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Jeninus,
    This may not mean anything to you but the Two Ronnies were a comedy duo on UK TV they did a comedy series called, " The worm that turned "
    I don't know if it was based on Berger's book ? One difference was the girls wore tight PVC hot pants in the series ! The men wore dresses or skirts and smoked pipes !