Thread: Birthday Update

Birthday Update

Hi Ladies, Today is my 2nd birthday since my decision to transition. I am actually 52 today. I decided on my 50th birthday that the time was right to transition. This has been a year of change for me. I have been a graphic designer for 27 years. My career started in 1987, and ended earlier this year. In 2007, I lost a very close friend, My now ex-wife left, lost my job, and lost my house. All within a six month period. I slipped into depression, and am still affected by it. I tried suicide unsuccessfully, twice. I have been in a behavioral health program at a hospital for 10 days, in and out of 1/2 houses, with other people that also failed at suicide. I meet the love of my life in late 2008, and married in 2013. My ex wife sued me for more money in 2012, and I have been fighting her in court every since. My ex has successfully prevented me from sing my kids since 2011. That's why my depression since. I was fired in March due to my depression. In able to concentrate, and stay focused. I have applied for disability, which is ongoing.

Back to original post:

During my 2nd year of transition, I have improved on my makeup techniques. I have also become more comfortable as a woman. I used to look forward to the day that I can be a woman for a full day. I have accomplished that, plus more. I go anywhere, do anything I want as either sex. I have joined a gym, was accepted in a cosmetology school, all as a woman. Most of all, I have achieved acceptance by people I come in contact with. Diane has both female and male friends. I attend all of my doctor appointments as a woman.

My family doctor was hard to get through, but now he tells me that he can take care of all my needs. I went to my doctor as him, my doctor ordered a chest x-ray . I went home, changed cloths, did makeup, and went to hospital for x-ray. Then I went home, took shower, and went back to doctor after x-ray. I wanted to see a x-ray of my chest, with breast. Anyway, I hope to have another wonderful year towards transition. I am ready to start hormones, and will when I get my doctors approval.

I have attached some photos since I started my transition. The portrait was done when I was reborn at the age of 50.

Thanks for reading. Diane Lynn.

Will add pics later today.

happy birthday, you look great, i hope everything works out for you.sometimes you just have to deal with the cards your delt.all my love hugs lynda

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Happy Birthday. After the long rough period, it looks like things are beginning
    to come together for you. I really hope everything works out and you are happy.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Diane,

Congrats on your continued journey and new lease on life. Remember we are all here for you.

Hugs

Isha

Happy birthday

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Happy 2nd birthday to you!!

If a shot of dark humour appeals on this auspicious day, you might have a chuckle over telling us that you tried suicide unsuccessfully, twice. I think we all get that your attempts were unsuccessful Diane.

Hope you can sort things with your ex and get to see your kids very soon. So selfish of her to make them live without you.

Best wishes, Nikki

Hi Nikki, I wrote that post at 6:45 a.m., before I went to bed. Thank you for the correction.

As far as my kids, I fought my ex in the courts, but visitation kept getting less. The last time was im 2010. My ex brought the kids to court. My middle son, who was 15 at the time, gave me a hug, and cried. I had a bond with my daughter, as she Daddy's Little Girl.

My ex is extremely money hungary, and the thinks I am going to pay. She may have my money, but she will not have family. I am sure my kids will get away when they can, and not look back. She will be a old lonely person. I have a family that loves me, and I am happy.

That's a really positive and generous outlook Diane, thank you for sharing your progress and may it continue for you just as positively!

I hope things turn out the way you wish with your family - money is just 'stuff', people are way more important...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Diane
    Congratulations and way to persevere! I too am transitioning. It is a scary and wonderful journey!
    Hugs
    Suzanne