Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled over

Being pulled over while dressed has always been a fear of mine. Southern officers in small towns probably wouldn't take it well.

He was so clearly curious and chose the lamest excuse to stop you. I bet you were the best part of his day and the cutest.

Banned Read only
    In Washington State the WSP actually puts out a news bulletin when they're running a special patrol to catch DUI's. They rather have people obeying the law than citing everyone. Of course, the WSP does not seem to have a lack of customers even when telling when and where they will be enforcing the DUI laws. That a good reason to sip soda/pop when out. The slightest smell of alcohol may lead to doing a sobriety check walk in heels in front of headlights with passing cars.

As far as the issue of reflectiveness and cleanness of the plates go, the plates need to be read from a distance. It is also illegal in Washington to have anything obscuring the plate. There was an officer in a small nearby town who was citing drivers for having a ball hitch obscuring the center of the plate. He got a lot of complaints and apparently was told by his superiors to knock it off.

I too got pulled over by a state cop while driving.He was a complete gentlemen.I was completely dressed but he was very nice.

As in any job, there are professionals and those who are not. They pull over the violation, not the person. If your not drunk, High, or have a dead person in the back seat, your probably OK. Its not against the law to be driving while looking fabulous. Remember, the person who pulls you over, may be wearing panties as well..... R

There are many traffic stops prompted by curiosity rather than a perceived violation. If an officer sees something that seems out of place to him or her, you're likely to get stopped. This has happened often enough to me (dressing has not been involved) that I can predict it better than half the time.
    An example:
    A few years ago I was driving the local main drag on my way somewhere during the day and passed two officers in a patrol car. It was obvious from the age difference between them and their attitude toward each other (readable at a glance) that the younger was being trained. I figured it better than 50/50 that I would be the next object lesson; I drove an old car, live , and have done so for more than 40 years. in a quiet part of a generally rough area of a town that is in the top 10 annually for per capita murders, generally unsolved. If you don't become and keep aware of what is going on around you, your chances of survival and safety diminish considerably. Anyway, I was not surprised when a block later he lit me up. the trainee came to the window and informed me that one of my brake lights was out. I thanked him for telling me, and he went away without anything further. At the time I was working for the same city as they, worked closely with many officers and was able to meet them under equal circumstances. I met many that I have the utmost respect for and some who should have been in jail.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Did you think that maybe initially he wanted to make a date with you?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nicole Erin you are a hoot I spit coffee thru my nose!

I am in Michigan too - guess we all need to be careful drivers

Karyn,
    That would've been way too funny (lol)...OMG,...but I have been considering that possibility, 'cause troubles got my home address

That's part of the reasoning behind joining a theatre group...just flash their card?

Ciao,
    Bella
    Last edited by Mia Brankovic; 11-28-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: English
    WE are ALL children of The Universe...and YOU ALL have a right to be HERE
    Quotes, please see: Martin Luther King, Einstein, Aristotle, Plato, Deepak Chopra, Dalia Lama, Epicurus, chogyam Trungpa, tao te ching, The tao...to name a few.
    Paul Simon - "Under African Skies" & "I Know What I Know"
    Mia's 'One Rule' Rule: "My Life...My RULES!"
    NW-10