Thread: Daughter Good News

Daughter Good News

My daughter finally told my granddaughter about my new life. She now knows about Rachel and thinks it kinda cool that one of her friends has the same name. I am not holding my breath but maybe I will finally get to see them on my next trip north.

I will take it as good news and hope it is just not because it's Christmas time again and I would once again be being used only for what she can get from me. I feel horrible speaking about my daughter like that but it's what I have known since my transition. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

I post this so that ya'll know that things can sometimes change if we give them time and I don't just come here to b***h when things are not good.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Sounds like a good sign, I hope that it proves out for you!

Hugs, Bria

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Whatever your daughter's motivation, it is good news about your granddaughter
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Nice to hear, Rachel. Happy for you.

That's good new Rachel, sounds like that relationship is improving for you!

Oh... and I cornered the market on bitching here.

That's very good news!

Take care of yourself, hun, don't let you daughter take advantage of you and enjoy the new relationship with your granddaughter.

I'm very happy for you.
    Life is a dream we wake from.

Rachel
    That is great news , it sound like there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Best of luck .

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    At least your daughter contacts you, even if not regularly. If she told her own daughter about Rachel, be of good cheer, there's distinct hope for the future.

If you feel worried that she's motivated by hopes of useful gifts or cash, maybe give her something which is of little monetary value, but which obviously was chosen with great love and care- an heirloom she always loved, perhaps?