Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Jenner is not helping

Bruce Jenner is not helping

While I support everyone along the journey. Everytime I go grocery shopping with my wife there seems to be another tabloid with Bruce and his possible sex change on the cover. My wife knows about my dressing, hates it and like many worries that it will lead to more changes in the future. I am content as "only" a crossdresser, going on now for over 40 years. But we revisit the issue, she gets upset and wonders why she stays with me.

Bruce if you are crossing over, get it done and get out of the news.

Hi Tiff,

And isn't THAT one of those Big Things that keep some of us hiding in the back of our closets...

I don't think you can rely much on celebrities to necessarily help us with this - to them, all publicity is good publicity and the longer they can spin something out, the better their agents like it!

Can I suggest you dig up some examples of more positive <relatively> normal, celebrity CDing with which to counter and allay your wife's concerns and fears...? The only two I'm aware of offhand are Grayson Perry the artist and Eddie Izzard the artiste (and comedian). Both have Wiki entries and although both are Brits (sorry! ) they are internationally known, if not renowned... It might help a bit!

It does seem odd that there aren't more - but I've mused on this celebrity thing before - I think it demonstrates the stigma that remains with this and therefore, while there certainly are celebrity and famous CDers out there, the only ones likely to come out are those that are probably on the road to transition... At least we have a couple of Brits flying the flag! Hoorah!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Aspiring Member
    Katey, I remember Dominic Monaghan's (Lord of the Rings) GF at the time saying she loved that he wore heels, among other things. I have high suspicions of some other stars as well, and suspect you're right - there are many! I've always thought Snoop Dog might be TG

As for Brucey, I suspect he's just enjoying being rich, free, and having people tell him he's fabulous all day long. He doesn't live in reality so can push boundaries ordinary folk don't dare. He may transition, or he may just enjoy his new colourful life free from those awful Kardashaians.

Problem is even if he gets it done, it will be fodder for the news and tabloids for a long time to come. They play it to death.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

A couple decades ago, I met Bruce and Chris Jenner at my brother's house. I remember it well because I am certain she was wearing a patterned body stocking under her dress. Very sexy, the body stocking, that is. Now I wonder if he was wearing one, too. My brother thinking that I was attracted to her, whispered, "Remember, you can't outrun him."

Bruce is definitely confusing the masses. From our "expert" point of view though, it is hard to say where he is coming from. Is Bruce really on a path towards transition or does he simply enjoy dressing up so much that he is taking advanced coursework from the University of Crossdressing? Only he can tell, whether he ever will is a different story.

My (again, "expert") interpretation was that he should just admit it and get on with things, whatever that may be. The problem is that he looks as ridiculous with his long hair in guy mode as I did when I had mine, before cutting about a foot off of the length. Had I not cut it already, I certainly would have by now. Regardless, if anyone in my life is halfway paying attention, they are likely thinking (saying?) the same exact things about me that are being said about Bruce (bringing it full circle to the title, Bruce is not helping).

And for what it's worth, I cut my hair back in two stages. After the final trim, a niece of mine lamented that I cut my hair, that I had that Bruce Jenner thing going on.

Yikes!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

If I were brave enough to come out, I'm not sure that I'd ever be in guy mode again.

I saw it yesterday as well. My wife knows and is okay with it. Even encourages sometimes. But the way the tabloids are looking at it is as if he is sick or a perv or something. I kinda wonder about Jimmy Fallon too. He dresses femme way too much on his show for it to just be a once in a while joke.

Gwendolyn

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Yeah I noticed a "boy mode/girl mode" pic of her on the cover of one of the more respectable tabloids in line at the grocery store yesterday. Honestly, my first thought was "well thank god they didn't make her look ridiculous"

Honestly, she didn't look bad. Whenever there's a celebrity caught crossdressing, the tabloids inevitably choose the most ridiculously horrible photos and run them into the ground.

Could this be a measure of respect being shown?
    Just saying ... that in itself might be helping in a larger sense.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Not too many months ago, maybe a year, John Travolta was the tabloid target for crossdressing. I have not heard much lately on John.

Bruce should pursue whatever Bruce wants to pursue in his way and on his timetable. Tiff, if you support everyone along the journey, then support Bruce along his journey, whatever that is or isn't. He doesn't need to act to make your life easier.
    As for getting credible news from tabloids.......forget it.

We are the only ones that can counter the attitude about Bruce Jenner. The people that knew me as a sober father and husband now know me as a TS sober husband and father. Almost all of my friends and family thought they had never known a TS. We have to come out and counter the media driven stereotypes that people are fed about us. As people like Isha show up as good people who happen to be on the TG spectrum, our image changes. So if you don't like how we are portrayed do something about it and come out!
    Suzanne

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'd say that Bruce Jenner isn't the problem. It's the tabloid press exploiting a celebrity to sell more ink. The editors of those and other papers insist on sensationalizing and/or ridiculing those who are gender variant are the ones who are not helping. It would be improved is they would take a more honest and supportive stand, but that wouldn't sell their advertising, so I won't plan on seeing anything better than what they have already done.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I saw those tabloids in the drug store...it shouted at me from across the store...in big letters "CROSS-DRESSER"....it made me crindge...but yea its the tabloids not bruce....they havent figured out he is going to become a women yet LOL...the title should read SEX CHANGE LOL....

It's kind of funny in a way. Last year or the year before there was a news article about him getting his Adam's apple shaved. I knew what was going on the minute I read that. Everyone is pretty slow on the uptake.

But really, why doesn't he get it all done at once and be done with it?? With the amount of money he has he could do it, become a woman and start a new life in anonymity.

Celebrities, what they do and the news stories they generate are pretty amusing.
    man, i feel like a woman

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Maybe he's Metrosexual, and does anyone use that term anymore??
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Celebrities are targets and the media seems to enjoy demonizing certain groups, Crossdressers are one of those groups.

On the other hand, Tom Cruise made a cute girl. He use to love dressing as a child and went 2 Halloweens as a girl. At his age, you would never know he was not a girl.

I know the photo's are real, I met the guy who took them and he verified it.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...1600/dor12.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3.../1600/dor2.jpg
    Last edited by Jenny Gurl; 11-17-2014 at 01:23 PM.

and how do we know Mr Jenner wants to transition? Many people here post that they don't want to transition but would like better cheeks or lips or breasts. Maybe he, like the OP, is
    "only" a crossdresser, going on now for over 40 years.
    but he gets out of the house. He has the money to have the surgery. He has overcome the guilt? It is his life.

He says he isn't, his ex-wife says he isn't. Good enough for me. Now I do worry about those UFO sightings in Arizona...

I only believe half of the stuff in legitimate press. I believe zero in tabloids (not even the masthead)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think we need to respect Jenner's decisions, timeline, and path, regardless of which direction it may be taking. Come on, we all know how difficult this is, how the angst and pain can differ from one person to another, and I'm sure that being in the public eye doesn't help.

All this talk about Jenner having the money to do it, etc. sounds a good bit more like jealousy than support or encouragement.

Let the tabloids exploit peoplee, not us.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Bruce, are you a member here?

This is actually a cover story for the current issue of US Weekly (Nov. 24, 2014 edition) which I purchased yesterday, and the story is entitled "Bruce's Secret Double Life"

It's a rather good article as tabloids go, sounds to be factual, and gives a very sympathetic, non-sensationalistic treatment of the subject. If anything, the writer sides with Bruce, and comes down pretty hard on Kris Jenner for being a driven control freak who went out of her way to try to thwart his TG tendencies and frustrated him considerably in the process. Now that they have separated and he is on his own, it appears that Bruce is making up for lost time and is gradually letting his feminine side flourish (more plastic surgery, tracheal shave, long hair, painted fingernails etc.) as he is moving from androgynous to "true" femme. At the same time, the article claims that while Bruce has begun HRT, SRS doesn't appear to be on the horizon for him (he is 65 years old now).

Interestingly enough, while the rest of the Kardashians seem to be struggling with this transition process, Khloe' has become his most ardent supporter and champion...

Platinum Member
    I guess I live in a bubble....or outside of the one inhabited by the kardashians and other people who are famous for being famous.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I'd say that Bruce Jenner isn't the problem. It's the tabloid press exploiting a celebrity to sell more ink. The editors of those and other papers insist on sensationalizing and/or ridiculing those who are gender variant are the ones who are not helping. It would be improved is they would take a more honest and supportive stand, but that wouldn't sell their advertising, so I won't plan on seeing anything better than what they have already done.
    I agree that Bruce isn't the problem. The tabloids just report, exaggerate and stretch the truth to its legal limits to make money just like every other legitimate and illegitimate business out there. The problem is in our own heads when we let this type of sensationalism news reporting, tabloid style or not, bother us. That is his life and we have no cause nor justification for blaming him for our own lack of courage to be ourselves. He does not affect in any serious way who or what we are. Since I do not read tabloids, nor People Magazine, nor US Weekly, I don't even know what he is or is not doing, and I really don't care. He was a star for us many years ago and now he is just being him or her self. Why does anyone really need to get excited about it, unless they enjoy that type of trivial unimportant news? I say take a positive view of it and say, "Look even some of our famous citizens are TG." That to me gives a better presentation of the news to the general public that so many here seem so afraid of.

and how do we know Mr Jenner wants to transition? Many people here post that they don't want to transition but would like better cheeks or lips or breasts. Maybe he, like the OP, is
    "only" a crossdresser, going on now for over 40 years.
    ditto.

We if anyone should be able to understand Bruce Jenner's hesitation to just get it on with.

If he does transition, maybe he can be on the senior female Olympic team of some kind. Just saying.
    man, i feel like a woman