Thread: Pumps to Work?

Pumps to Work?

Ever have one of those "oops" moments where you realized that you made a mistake? I almost always wear pantyhose, tights or lingerie under my work clothes. I get that girly feeling and no one is the wiser. This morning, I left for work, early for a change. Driving in pumps, through traffic. When I got to the parking lot, that's when I realized that I didn't bring my work shoes. I sure can't go into the office wearing 4" pumps.

Kohl's opens at 8 AM, I'm going to have to walk into the store in my stocking feet and buy a pair of shoes. I wish I had the courage to walk in wearing the pumps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like it's raining too... better slip a couple of carrier bags on over your socks... what a sight!

What sort of reason are you going to give (not that you have to..) if someone asks the question - why? or how?

I got so angry at the radio I threw my shoes out the window...?

I was in such a hurry I forgot to dress properly...?

Or - this will get you sympathy - I felt so sorry for a homeless guy at the traffic lights I gave him my shoes...

Let's hope you remembered your wallet too...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Wear the nice heels into Kohl's. And try on some sexey boots. You'll make the SA's day.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

In and out in fifteen minutes. Had to buy socks and shoes. I don't think anyone even noticed I was in wet, stockinged feet.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Priceless.

I did forgot another pair shoes and ended up wearing me 2.5 inch navy pumps to work with my navy pant suit

I went out dressed one night to meet someone. I wore flat shoes for the walk and changed into my high heels when I got there. I also brought male clothes so I could change back because I lived with my Mother at the time.

As I changed into drab afterwards I realised I had no male shoes with me. Well there was nothing for it but to wear the flats home and hope no one noticed. Lucky I brought them as high heels would have been very obvious! No shoe shops handy at that hour either!

In this business you have to think of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Wear the nice heels into Kohl's. And try on some sexey boots. You'll make the SA's day.
    That's what I was going to say but Carla beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    I did forgot another pair shoes and ended up wearing me 2.5 inch navy pumps to work with my navy pant suit
    I take it some people at your work know about your dressing? I will go for a walk late in the evening wearing pumps but not anywhere that someone is likely to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by mariehart View Post
    I went out dressed one night to meet someone. I wore flat shoes for the walk and changed into my high heels when I got there. I also brought male clothes so I could change back because I lived with my Mother at the time.

As I changed into drab afterwards I realised I had no male shoes with me. Well there was nothing for it but to wear the flats home and hope no one noticed. Lucky I brought them as high heels would have been very obvious! No shoe shops handy at that hour either!

In this business you have to think of everything.
    I once went out for an "adventure," long walk in a secluded park after hour dressed. When I got back, I couldn't find my male clothes. I wound up walking home (a couple miles) dressed, with a cold breeze blowing up my skirt. After I got home, changed clothes, I biked back to get my car, I realized I'd been looking in the wrong place. My clothes are car keys were right where I left them.