Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balance in our lives

Quote Originally Posted by pattied
    Thankfully, I have a very supportive wife, who has been wonderful to me since I came out in December. She seems very accepting, of everything but losing her husband for good. I still have issues with my identity however, and issues talking about it. With anyone. Even my wife.

(off to the loony bin)
    I came out to my wife last October. She was also very accepting. Strangely I still feel very unable to speak to her about it. I feel very guilty. Yesterday I dressed fully for the first time ever, with wig and make up etc. Today I felt so guilty as I'd still done it when my wife had been away. I took photos which I posted here and then promptly deleted in case she came across them. I feel a weight of society's expectations and peer pressure that has been bearing down on me for 36 years. When I was four I dressed at my playgroup in a nurses outfit. I got shouted at by the play leader. Before that moment I had never thought of dressing up in something you feel good in as wrong. I still don't but since then I have gone to great lengths to appear macho. I've got tatoos, usually wear stubble and would probably appear as very masculine. I am getting more accepting of myself. I used to put on items of my mothers or girlfriends clothes and satisfy myself sexually. I then used to go through feelings of disgust. I used to look at other people in the street and wish I was normal (whatever that is). I just hated the feelings that I couldn't express myself in the way I wanted. I never wanted to be a woman and feel my desire to wear feminine clothing and makeup is just an expression of a gentle, caring and artistic side of me. Unfortunately, everywhere I go I am bombarded with images and identities of the man I should be - I probably feel this more than it actually exists because I feel I can never live up to this.

I'm very lucky now to have a loving caring wife who is supportive and whatever happens I feel she will always be there for me
    I may be off track with that, but hey... what ya gonna do

[SIZE="1"]"What's the use of two strong legs if you only run away. What's the use two strong arms if you only push and shove. What's the use of two good ears if you cant hear those you love. Tell me which ones are the weak ones, and which ones touch the stars?" Eddi Reader[/SIZE]

lots of love Kelly. X

Quote Originally Posted by KellyT
    I came out to my wife last October. She was also very accepting. Strangely I still feel very unable to speak to her about it. I feel very guilty. Yesterday I dressed fully for the first time ever, with wig and make up etc. Today I felt so guilty as I'd still done it when my wife had been away. I took photos which I posted here and then promptly deleted in case she came across them.
    You have expressed very well what I often feel. I know what you say is real.

Dear Marla and others,
    Great post. Thought provoking post. Revealing. Deep. Valued. I sat on it all day before I replied. (not that my reply is thought provoking!!!)
    Sexuality is something I know I (an maybe my generation) have had trouble dealing with. (well documented: Kinsey reports etc) Name it: church, religion, society, family, school, norms etc. I have found probably the # 1 problem in my marriage deals with sexual.ity. Not that it is not functioning but just reasonable openness and discussing it. It is a real need. (if you dont think so, just ignore it in a marriage and see the problems arise) (Problem #2 is probably $) Now - add Crossdressing on the table and you have doubled, tripled the confusion/difficulty to this generation. And that is what I (and maybe many others) face.
    I really feel the pain of my other sisters here and appreciate them sharing it. In my heart I feel like a woman; soft, gentle, caring, drawn to feminity. But, in the same degree I realize I am a man, expected not to be soft, caring, wearing womens clothes, etc. So goes the struggle.
    What a conflict! What is the answer? Sorry I dont have it. Maybe find a middle road. Balance? Heaven to those that find an understanding mate!I
    One thing I do know.
    1) I have tried to stop cding and have come back. I have realized it is in my for some reason. I have cut in half my self torture by accepting the cd pert of my life. Why am I a cder? I know not. Is it accepted by society? No. Am I going to fight society? No. Am I going to enjoy those moments when I am cding? Very much so. Even if it is only a minute or an hour or a day.
    2) Will I ask God about it? I certainly want to.

Love,
    Stephanie