Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That vicious cycle...

Talking That vicious cycle...

When will I ever learn.

I packed all my stuff up a few weeks ago. You know the routine, I'm going to quit...
    At least this time I just packed it all away instead of making that fateful trip to Goodwill.

So anyway, as I said, I'm going to quit.

I am going to start doing more 'guy' stuff. Heck, I'm even going to start working out.( I know girls workout, too but bear with me here...)
    So for the past few weeks, my workout video has sat untouched next to the other stuff I use when I workout. Yep, untouched.
    That is until tonight. I actually just finished my first workout in quite a while.
    So what changed, you ask?
    Well, let me tell you. I was in a local sporting goods store and saw some really cute sports bras and compression shorts on sale, so I bought a few(pink, of course), came straight home and put them on and the workout was a piece of cake.

Go figure.

Like I said, I never will learn.

PS. Some how all my panties and bras have found their way back inside the apartment. I am thinking gremlins or maybe fairies; yeah, fairies, that has to be it...

PPS. But I am going to quit. No for real this time. Yeah RIGHT! LOL
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Interesting variation on a theme.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Why do you feel you need to quit?
    Reine

Quitting is so easy.

I've done it about a million times

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Shelby let me tell you something, those cute workout clothes are the best, about 2 years ago I had just turned 51 and I was like I need to get my body in shape. So what else am I going to buy to inspire my workout.
    Been in a workout routine ever since. Amazing how that works.
    Good for you keep it up and before long you will have lots of cute workout clothes.

Reine,
    Honestly, I do not think it will ever be possible for me to actually quit. This is just a part of who I am.
    In this particular instance, my dressing was starting to control me. It was becoming addictive in a bad way. I was ignoring other things I needed to do so I could rush home and dress. I needed to slow down. So, I packed everything up and put in in the garage.
    Now, after a little over a month, I just found it amusing that the trigger to both my slow ascent into dressing again and actually starting working out happened to be the impulsive purchase of a pink sports bra and a matching pair of compression shorts(I bought a black pair, too).

The comment about doing more 'guy' stuff is a little hyperbole; exaggeration for emphasis.

Any way, I just found the whole situation amusing and wanted to share.
    Last edited by ShelbyDawn; 11-17-2014 at 11:17 PM. Reason: misspelled Reine's name... oops. please forgive me.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I too tried to quit or shake the "habit" a few years ago. This was mainly due to society, I had to be a man, the way I was "born". I managed for about 2 years maybe.
    Then it dawned o me; I was actually born "female" I just had the wrong genitalia and society helped me along. ..

Now I dress again for the last 3 years at least and do my best to refin my femininity and manerism.

Female is what I am although most would not be able to comprehend.

Be all the woman you can be, you have one chance only !!!
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

I've quit quitting. Best decision e-v-e-r.

Have to agree with MissTee, Quit Quitting , and just go with it....

Shelby, I understand the need to keep things in balance. This was and still is a priority with my SO too. He discovered that doing this is a mind trick, but then we're talking about a person who can pre-program his dreams!

Sounds like you're approaching it with a sense of humor, and that's a good thing!

I'm glad you were realistic and didn't throw your things out. This gets expensive.
    Reine

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Shelby is not going to be ignored. She has shopping to do and a waistline to work on.

Resistance is useless.

I can certainly relate to that. I've been porpoising for years. I'm done, oops no I'm not those shoes are too nice. I'm done, the kids won't understand or accept me. Man the dress is hot!

No one likes a quitter!

What are you going to quit?
    Try and quit smoking, it's easier.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    ... my dressing was starting to control me. It was becoming addictive in a bad way. I was ignoring other things I needed to do...
    Substitute for dressing the other things that can become obsessive: golfing, eating, drinking, gambling, shopping, even working. The problem isn't the dressing, it's the excessive amount of time, energy, money, attention, etc. spent on dressing. Just rein it in a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    What are you going to quit?
    Try and quit smoking, it's easier.
    I say I am going to quit both, as I am smoking a cig while wearing heels.....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Don't worry Shelby. It won't be long you'll quit quitting. Now go put on a skirt will you.
    Angie

I am not going to give up chocolate or CDing. I am not a quitter either, Natalie

Stephanie

I quit every time I take a shower. But once I'm dried off it comes back with a vengeance!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Quitting: a fool's game, and an expensive one. Finding the balance: much more realistic and manageable!

Banned Read only
    Shelby, Even with the clothes gone the thoughts are still there !
    Last time someone mentioned a purge I pointed out that some clothes are more than that because of the stories behind the way you managed to get them ! If my shoes went the memories of the kind SA who helped me choose them and in a way give me confidence to do it again ! Or the sexy red underwear that a SA announced to most the customers I was buying !

Aspiring Member
    We all can relate to this cycle of quitting, have been there myself a number of times. Now when I feel I need a break I just pack it in tubs. It does come back to haunt me and I will go all out in dressing as a woman. I do keep my body hairless all of the time either by shaving or using hair remover lotion. I dress mostly at home but have gone out a few times as a woman usually just for drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataliebabe View Post
    No one likes a quitter!
    This was my brother-in-laws line when I quit chewing...that didn't last.

Mom's line when I was young, "Finish what you started or don't start at all." Spinning her words a little, but still trying to find the finish point although I too have had the purge bug a couple times.

What are you thinking, our mothers didn't raise us as quitters.LOL

Platinum Member
    Well, at least you got in a workout.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt