Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mannerisms

mannerisms

hi girls, do any of you ever feel like when your in male mode , you still sometimes walking ,and sitting and moving your hands in girl mode. ill be sitting someplace in guy mold and ill have my legs crossed or my kness togeter.oter times im walking and i just feel like im walking like a women. has this ever happed to you love hugs lynda

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Yes. I find that I almost always cross my ankles under a chair which tends to bring my knees together. My female nursing shoes have a bit of a lift in them that has changed my walk over the years and I find I take smaller steps now. Nothing terribly effeminate but note butch either.

I guess it happens to anyone that dresses a lot, it becomes so natural feeling.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Not really Hon. I've more or less trained myself to walk in the particular mode I'm presenting in so that's it's second nature for me.. Women walk from the hips, one foot in front of the other. Guys walk straight from their arms.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Oh god yes, my left arm has a mind of its own- it loves to let my hand dangle from the wrist, fingers extended. If I'd been a girl, I'd have been a very girly girl.

It happens all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Last time a question like this came up I related to a story in a builder's merchant ! I was searching the shelves and a voice behind the counter shouted are you a tea pot or a tea cup ? Without thinking I'd put both hands on my hips ! I replied that I hadn't decided but whatever it's going to be, will be an antique at my age !!

Not too much boy left in my boy mode. Lol
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Absolutely. I know that I am sometimes feminine in male mode. Love those leg-crossing or feminine hand motions when they pop up on a construction site or in the bar after a golf game. Embarrassing.

All the time. What Kate said about guys walking from the shoulders while women walk from their hips. plus my favorite female gesture is reaching inside the neckline to adjust a shoulder strap, since I wear camisoles and usually a bra even in guy mode, I do it all the time too. And have trained myself to get into a car while wearing a short skirt by sitting sideways knees together then swiveling in.

even though I am not out, there are times when I know that I am walking differently, maybe a feeling of self-confidence, and it feels good.

I don't actually have a boy mode/girl mode. Dressing of course I am expressing my femininity, and while I do not go out in public, I am assuming that my feminine mannerisms are likely more prevalent. Still, in general I have a lot of feminine like mannerisms. Always have had them. Some on here write posts asking on advice on how to achieve them. If anything I would ask advice on how to mask them.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Not so much that it bleeds into drab mode, it's just kind of always there and more noticeable in drab at times...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    All of my mannerisms are feminine whether dressed or (rarely) drab. It's just my natural self coming out. I don't try to act "male" in any situation. I just let my fem self be. Yes, I have gotten some mild reactions but no one has said anything. I love who I am!

Cheryl

Oh yes. When I walk sometimes I do feel I'm walking more girl like.And I do cross my legs at the knee now and then.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Oh yes. When I walk sometimes I do feel I'm walking more girl like.And I do cross my legs at the knee now and then.
    Angie
    Walking, sitting, standing, my hands, how I talk with them, there are a lot of fem mannerisms I have. I have been called out at times because of them. It used to hurt a lot. At work and just in general I do try to cover them up, not always succesfully, and especially when drinking.... At a party at my sister in laws, she said to my wife, "is he gay, look at the way he is walking." I had many drinks in me when she said that. oops
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Kara Zor-El
    Lately I found myself in the habit of smoothing my skirt while I am sitting down...when I am wearing pants. But yeah, the rest of the gestures and mannerisms noticeably carry over.

I find I am crossing my legs a lot more these days.

Platinum Member
    Probably. I don't make an effort to disguise the way I sit...or the way I move otherwise. Who can keep track of all that!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

For the most part, no. But it is something I am making a conscious effort on. My therapist recommends I try to take on more feminine mannerisms while in guy mode.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lynda,

I can't truly say I have as both genders seem to be able to differentiate mannerisms. When I am "en boy" I am all guy and when I am "en femme" my mannerisms are as female as I can make them (or at least a close approximation).

Hugs

Isha

Me too -- more and more I find myself using "feminine" gestures no matter how I am dressed. Just seems to be more natural. Maybe just part of being "me"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

It wasn't till I read this thread that I realised that a lot of my mannerisms had changed. Legs crossed, walking and moving as in girl mode. I don't think I am aware of it. It just seems the natural thing to do.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I don't see leg-crossing as necessarily feminine- it's how you cross your legs that's the giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    I don't see leg-crossing as necessarily feminine- it's how you cross your legs that's the giveaway.
    I agree. I see many masculine men cross their legs. I do it all the time simply because it's often more comfortable in certain situations - I'm certainly not thinking of the action is being either masculine or feminine - it's just another way to sit.