Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun...COGIATI quiz....not official....just interesting

Just for fun...COGIATI quiz....not official....just interesting

new member talked about this and curiosity got the best of me, found the findings to be interesting for me and fairly accurate,
    scored a 20 androgyne, felt like a good description.....any takers....feel free to share your thoughts

http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Ok, I think these tests are a little silly, since it is so easy to read what the answers will mean and thus skew the results....but what the heck...just for fun.

Scored 290 Probable Transexual

Probable? Lol....seriously? :-)
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Scored a 60 Androgyne. Now what do I do with that. Think it means stay the way I am and just enjoy the cross dressing. Suggested I not go full trans. Who knows some of the questions could have different answers on different days. Interesting though and a bit time consuming.

I scored a 175.. also probable ..
    So now what?

found more info...

i took it again and got a 25, so 290 "probable" is probably the attorney protecting them from lawsuits. i checked back and 650 is the highest for female and -650 for male, even for gender im average again...
    ive seen your M and F pictures sammy, i think you have it pretty much figured out...for the rest here is what i found....

COGIATI, or Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory
    How the COGIATI is constructed and scored.

The COGIATI, as it currently exists, is composed of 65 questions. All of the questions are based on one aspect of neurological, or social, sex differentiation. Some questions are reworkings of some of the BEM and Moir-Jessel questions, even more are based on my own independant study of the sources for those two tests, as well as recent research papers. All of this comes together to form the current COGIATI. I hope to expand the COGIATI in time. The ultimate goal would be to have a COGIATI composed of about 200 questions; for maximum accuracy, a wide platform for result basis, and the power to break down psychological barriers by virtue of mental exhaustion, just as is done in tests such as the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory.

Scoring is simple. There are five answers to each question, with each answer numerically corresponding to one of five categories:

-10 Extremely Male
    -5 Feminine Male
    0 Androgynous
    5 Female
    10 Extremely Female

With 65 questions, the total range is -650 for Absolute Male to +650 for Absolute Female

The breakdown is thus:

-650 to -389 Class 1 (Definite Male)
    -390 to -129 Class 2 (Feminine Male)
    -130 to 129 Class 3 (Androgyne)
    130 to 389 Class 4 (Probable Transsexual)
    390 to 650 Class 5 (Classic Transsexual)

The sexual gratification-based, fetishitic transvestite would fit Class 1
    The mostly sexual / fetishistic but slightly gender involved crossdresser fits Class 2
    The serious transgenderist fits Class 3
    The most common type of transsexual (well over 70%) fits Class 4
    The rarest, early onset, 'classic model of early research' transsexual fits Class 5

COGIATI simply tallies up a score based on the questions, with no adjustments. Very straightforward, no assumptions in the calculation.

This is the basic information on the COGIATI.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    It's been a few years since I've taken it so I will have to do it again before this thread is retired. But Sammi, the test was right on for you anyway !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I got a 175... probable

105, Androgyne.

COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE
    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be mostly masculine, and that your gender issues are primarily matters of personal expression rather than a medical problem. Any struggles you have are most likely caused by internal shame over your needs and desires, or because of curiosity over what those needs represent. There is, however, some indication of a strong feminine side to your being, and this is intrinsic to your constitution.

seems about right for me, definite male that enjoys some girly things and wishes the would would just be cool with this.
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

My results.

Your COGIATI result value is: -35 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

Interesting

Mikell, thanks so much for posting this thread!!! It has raised some thoughts as my wife & I are in counseling. I fall into the androgyne classification. That does not surprise me because I know that I am transgendered. Thanks again. Peace, mel

Score = 120 - Androgyne, on the high end towards probably transsexual. I would say, it's pretty accurate score. Definitely not male, but not quite transsexual . I believe it.

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    240 Probable Transexual ....daaaah

-95, Androgyne.

I got a 0,classification 3-androgyne.Maybe I really do possess duality. Am I still a crossdresser? I hope so after all these years. Oh no even more questions AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!

I ended up with a 205... hmm... that explains some things...
    My YT randomness - http://www.youtube.com/user/thelynnef1 (closed, please use twitter - http://twitter.com/Lynne__f

Each time I have done it I get an "undecided".

No I look at these tests and knowing the answers and how they can be skewed I don't even find them interesting any more.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Sorry to be a wet blanket.
    Actually, last time around I was the wet blanket. Now I realize what these quizes are; same thing as the quizes in Cosmo and Glamour. You already know what you want the answers to be. So you just try to guess how to make it happen to end up with the results you want! Now how girly is that!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I got -80, classification 3, androgyne ...

-170 classification 2
    Description was surprisingly accurate I felt.
    I don't take too much notice of these tests unless they produce the results I am happy with (lol)
    Luv
    Amanda

A 65 question, simplistically scored 'personality' test isn't really going to be a determinant of anything other than a bit of fun... so please, please, please.... don't anybody take it seriously... and yes, if you try to second guess the answers a simple test like this (minimal cross-correlated unweighted questions) will not work... (actually, if you do that with any personality test, you're just being untrue to yourself )

For me, computer says: Your COGIATI result value is: -85 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Yeah... figures... just for fun...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Its a bunch of stereotypes though.,..

The future may prove this parlor game right or wrong.

Just for fun:

Your COGIATI result value is: 275 Which means that you fall within the following category: COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

I am who I am. The future may prove this parlor game right or wrong.

Best wishes
    MsVal

This test has been around for years, and was discredited five minutes after being published.
    Choose the result you want, and answer the questions appropriately. Bingo, you're a women...or a goat...

Definitely an interesting test Mikell. I scored a -75 Androgyne. The description given was pretty accurate for me as well I was pretty certain I'd fall on the masculine side of the scale from the get go.