Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond the curtain: Crossdressing after the "taboo" wears off

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Then you risked everything and survived. That's more than most people do in a lifetime and you can feel very proud of that.

Quote Originally Posted by carahawkwind View Post
    I'm someone whose desire to dress is very cyclical, there are times I want to do every day, other times I won't for several months, especially when I was younger and more worried about getting caught. Now that I'm more accepting of myself and my wife is completely on board for the most part, I don't worry about the dry spells so much, I know the inspiration will come back and when it does, there isn't really anything stopping me from fulfilling the impulse. Back when I was repressing more I think the dry spells were more stressful, there was often some sort of guilt attached, now it's just a more natural ebb and flow.
    I will ditto Cara as this describes me. My wife is 99.75 on board and when it strikes, I have nothing to do but go in my closet and wear the highest of heels to cook dinner and dress in the prettiest of dresses if I am so inclined. With the openness being a lot less stressful, I do not let it get me down like it once did when sneaking a pair of heels to wear when nobody was looking was about the best I was going to do.

I have been wearing heels since I was 2-3 years of age and 4 decades have passed and the inclination has only gotten stronger.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Seems that most of us go through periods of ebbs and flows in the CD'd experience. I know for me the desire to dress completely is there most of the time, not there part of the time. But the underdressing never goes away. That one stay strong for me no matter what.

Charlotte

For me it has always been a series of ups and downs. Sometimes the desire is strong and other times it is not. But for a lot of years the desire has always been there and no matter how I feel, I always think about it.

Well as usual, wonderful and insightful replies gals. And very helpful!

I guess what rings true for me is that it never really "goes away". Even when ebbing I am still really into the lifestyle. Some days I just organize my closet and make sure my wigs look good, even when wearing drab.

It's almost like accepting part of oneself that one has struggled with for so long opens the flood gates of "self expression." But after a while, it is back to day to day life.

They are just clothes after all? I mean, I do adopt effeminate gestures when dressed.

I crossdress as much as possible, but I don't really do it for a thrill. I do it to feel normal. In male mode, I feel pressured and stressed much of the time. In female mode I feel calm, rational, and able to deal with the world. There's no cyclic feelings, because I like myself better as a woman, and I need that all the time.

I find the desire to dress comes and goes for me too. I haven't dressed too often lately but still like to come to this site so it's not completely off my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    what if it fades away????
    I've read this question here many times. This is what I don't understand: if the desire fades away, then what are you missing if you don't dress?

Is there a certain feeling that you want to recapture and if so, what is it?
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    This is what I don't understand: if the desire fades away, then what are you missing if you don't dress?
    I was wondering the same thing! If it fades away, who cares? You won't miss it because it faded away. It's sort of like worrying I'll lose my desire for chocolate (Never. Gonna. Happen) But if it does, I guess I'll eat cheese or something.

Of course, if you're worried about the after effects of 'outing' yourself on something you no longer do, just dont mention it again and I'm sure most people will eventually forget. The fact you're always in drab will speak for itself.
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 11-25-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've read this question here many times. This is what I don't understand: if the desire fades away, then what are you missing if you don't dress?

We never seem to hear from those that completely lose the desire, Reine. Because they just disappear from this site. Same as many TS's who r too busy living as women to come back and chat with those that r where they were years ago.

For the very many of us who aren't TS? It becomes enjoyable compulsion. Endorphins, autogenaphelia, extremely relaxing, a nom yo rengi high, or a sexual turn on? It doesn't matter why, just that it does become a compulsion.

For those of us that don't get hooked on those "feelings" or r TS? They probably can and do give up "cross dressing".
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Like many sometimes the desire is extreme, and sometimes not.
    If you underdress 24/7 how does that fit in? But do what makes you
    happy, more or less and enjoy it.

Just a Cross Dresser Kacey Black.'s Avatar
    I like reading all of this. Very informative and to see other's points of view is helpful. I don't fee so strange.

For me, I wonder the same thing. It's gone away for months at a time, only to return with a vengence. It hangs around for a few weeks, then goes away, then back. Never know really so I just cruise along and enjoy it. Although it has gone away once for years a while back, it was, and is always there. It just changes over time and that's part of the adventure I guess.

I personally find that it fades away sometimes but then I think about it a lot and it comes back. I'm in that mode at the moment, so I've joined this. I do feel that if I had more of a freedom of being able to do it more often then it would become a constant rather than going in phases though.

Silver Member
    It ebbs and flows. Most days, I don't really get a chance to dress up. Some days, it doesn't bother me, sometimes it bothers me a bit and some days it drives me nuts. I think it comes with the territory.

Darlin,
    The desire to dress enfemme may ebb & flow, but it never goes away. Just enjoy your journey & Best Wishes !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

The waxing and waning of desires is something not unique to crossdressing. With a little introspection I think you'll find these "ups and downs" common to all kinds of activities and behaviors. Don't let it worry you. Just have fun with it !

Well this is certainly a great question, Reine. It seems almost Zen-like. "If the cat forgets that it is a cat, does it cease being a cat?"

It seems to tie in with the question of identity, and how we identify ourselves. I have stated before that I do not identify as a woman, and despite the common CD wishes to have less broad shoulders, bigger hips, and well, a body that looks more female, I am very mild on the dysphoria scale.

I need to think more about this question for a few days. Thanks for asking!

Its like the tide but maybe not as regular and you can control it a bit but rest assured it will rise again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee