Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Public vs. Camera Phones, What's Your Experience?

That's something I've never even thought about. With all the phones having cameras it would be so hard to tell if someone did take a picture. Besides, if I'm out in public then how can I stop them??
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've only noticed it a couple of times, both when I was out with a group of 6'+ ladies. Not much to it, just a young person's reflex reaction to seeing something unusual.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I wouldn't worry if anyone took my picture when I were out dressed. I certainly wouldn't be recognized by anyone I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hazel Lee View Post
    If somebody wanted to take my pic, and I noticed them, I would most definitely look straight at them and own it... The chances of them knowing anyone else that I know, are somewhere between very slim and zero. What would you rather have? A negative confrontation? Or a snapped photo? Seems like an obvious choice to me.
    Great idea. If you show that you are comfortable as you appear, then what kind of power would the picture taker still have? Probably nothing. It may even discourage them from snapping that electronic shutter.

Smile & wave, sometimes say Hi
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gone to live my life
    Hi Johanne,

I can't say I have that problem (people trying to take my picture) and if they did they were covert enough to do so without my knowledge. I am quite open in my life about my TG ways so even if the picture hit the internet, I doubt anyone would know it was me and secondly I don't truly care. However if I caught someone trying to take my picture I would call them on it ... it is just plain rude and I would make sure the individual and those around them knew so.

When it comes to teens and cell phones . . . well let's just say the cell phone is an extension of their body and they always have them out. Are you sure they were trying to take your picture or did it just appear they were?

Hugs

Isha

Reality Check
    Realize that it's not just cameras or phones taking pictures. Or security systems. People can buy miniature cameras and video cameras that pool like a pen. They can buy eyeglasses with built in cameras. Being out in public there's a good chance you will be photographed, especially if you look odd or draw attention to yourself. Think about it.

Even in your own home - Did you install a security sytem with video monitoring? Who can log on and see that video? Your wife? Your parents or children? A trusted friend or relative? And of course, a suspecting spouse could plant a hidden camera in your home.
    Last edited by Krisi; 11-21-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Even in your own home - Did you install a security sytem with video monitoring? Who can log on and see that video? Your wife? Your parents or children? A trusted friend or relative? And of course, a suspecting spouse could plant a hidden camera in your home.
    Oh crap, Busted!!!

I frequently joke with my friends that I will end up on that peopleofwalmart website. I am completely out to everyone I know though so it wouldn't really matter if I did. If your happy with who you are then truly all they are getting is a picture of a happy person, does anything else really matter?

Silver Member
    I think the only answer to this is to stay inside with the blinds drawn, i'm not doing that. I do know someone who is on Google maps, street view coming out of a deli. I do fear that if someone I know recognizes me, that they can take a pic that I could not explain but i just hope that doesn't happen. and I try to be smart as to where I go.

On one of my first "guy-in-a-skirt" trips a clerk at a coffee shop tried sneaking pictures of me with his cell phone. I gave him a dirty look, and he was pretty sheepish looking about it. I never saw them posted on line, so -- what the heck.

I'm one of those that has had a few hundred photos taken in public. I have always been asked to the best of my knowledge and I have always posed with these teenagers or other folks that ask. I have had some professional photographers try to take my pictures at big events and I usually turn my back to them or say I don't want my photo taken.

Now if someone was trying and snap my picture while they were being sneaky, ignorant and disrespecting then that would be a different story, I would either confront them and tell them that the camera is going to get broken real fast or I will let my middle finger stick up for me.

Gang, we must remember that unless the photo is a real good shot of you that it probably won't be posted by anybody. Who is going to post a side view of you on the net unless they have a good front shot to go with it. Now if it winds up on Facebook who is going to try and figure it out? The net is full of wacky off the wall photos out there so even if it is posted it is basically lost in the shuffle.

Only one time did I notice someone taking my picture, and I did not take any action. I Figure the odds of someone finding my picture of me dressed enfemme on the internet are very slim, and the chances of being outed are even slimmer due to them seeing the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Oh crap, Busted!!!
    Is this when you say one of the closeted CD's biggest excuse in the world like, "honey I was planning my costume for next Halloween." Works like a charm. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    In that rare case your boss calls you in the office, pulls up a photo of some CD walking around walmart and says, "Johnson, is this you?" Why no, no it isn't
    This is when you can say back, "its funny you ask this because I saw the same picture and thought it was you."

Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    I'm one of those that has had a few hundred photos taken in public. I have always been asked to the best of my knowledge and I have always posed with these teenagers or other folks that ask. I have had some professional photographers try to take my pictures at big events and I usually turn my back to them or say I don't want my photo taken.

Now if someone was trying and snap my picture while they were being sneaky, ignorant and disrespecting then that would be a different story, I would either confront them and tell them that the camera is going to get broken real fast or I will let my middle finger stick up for me.

Gang, we must remember that unless the photo is a real good shot of you that it probably won't be posted by anybody. Who is going to post a side view of you on the net unless they have a good front shot to go with it. Now if it winds up on Facebook who is going to try and figure it out? The net is full of wacky off the wall photos out there so even if it is posted it is basically lost in the shuffle.
    I have the same attitude as yours regarding taking photos in the public . I don't go out very often as Jessica because of my busy schedule . The few times I was out there I have been asked to take photos with female teens or adults . I figure the chance of my friends , co-workers or boss see those photos are almost none .

i can't say that i've ever noticed that before. and, at the same time, haven't worried about it. i fall into the camp that i own me when i go out, and feel that a) i present in a matter that shouldn't call attention b) if i call that kind of attention, so what?
    when in doubt, smile

Happenned to me last night for the first time (that I know of).
    I'd been to our local TG support group, but some of us decided that it was a bit too quiet, so we thought we'd try one of the local pubs. In the end, only three of us went.
    Individually, I like to think any of us could blend, and at least one of us could certainnly pass... but the three of us together knew we would be read.
    But the barmaid didn't bat an eyelid and the only customer who said anything to us asked if he coud take a photo of us.
    So we leaned across the table towards eachother, turned our faces towards the camera and smiled. He took his picture, said thank you, and went back to his mates.
    No pitchforks or flaming torches.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Are you easily recognized when crossdressed or not? Do you just slap on a pair of boobs, dress and heels? Do you believe you pass as a woman, might pass as a woman, or there's no chance you will be mistaken for a woman?
    I'm with Kristi. I think it all depends on how you present. If your appearance screams "Crossdresser" then there is a risk of attracting attention as a novelty and ending up on a Facebook page, a website like People of WM, or one of the photo-sharing sites.

Best to dress to blend in. And even if you do dress to blend, if you don't make an attempt to look like a woman with makeup and wig, there will be a gender-clash between what you wear and your face. This will attract attention, depending on where you are. But, if you don't like to wear makeup and wig, you wouldn't stand out as dressing obviously female and garner curious looks if you wore *stealth* women's clothing, for example jeans, polo shirts, sneakers, etc, that men also wear. Few people will look at sneakers and jeans closely to determine where they've been purchased.
    Reine

I also forgot to say that whenever anybody asks for my picture I make sure that they are in the picture with me. It will make them think of where they will be posting it if my arm is around them in the photo and we're all smiling! If its a single photo they want of me then they can go you know where....

this really cute guy in his 20s wanted to take a picture with me cause he said i was very cute and wanted a pic of him and a girl so i let him put his arms around me and take a pic then i had him text it to me so id have his number and he would have my number and he did we talk on the phone quite alot about random topics i think he has a crush on me

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have noticed girls taking cell phone pics of me or the person behind me shopping LOL.
    I just smile and go on it really doesn't bother me.